Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 LastLast
    Even Blake griffin and Dandre game evolved. Howard on the other hand is still a liability in late game situations. Set screen, rebound, block shoots work the boards. No Howard we are not going to dump the ball in the post. How is Howard like Cousins. They are opposites and work at different parts of the floor. Kuzma number will be called when that position requires a big to stretch the floor.
    Last edited by ldawg; 08-19-2019 at 06:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post
    Kawhi and Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by ldawg View Post
    cate to elaborate? Yíall think this is 2008.
    To be fair Dwight had a 30/30 game in 11/2017

Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post
    ****, I knew it.... heís not a bad option tbh... just play Defense and rebound, Vet min contract... wow
    I just hope we sign him to 10 day contracts, or whoever we sign" we should sign them to 10 day contracts to see how they look with the team! Then if we need to we can let them walk and see who hits the buyout market! I really think we could pick up a better option then!

Quote Originally Posted by RubberBand_Man View Post
    I think I'd be OK with Dwight.... and Demarcus can still return for the Playoffs.
    Dwight needs to play defense, rebound, set screens and catch lobs
    The problem is he never has shown a willingness to just do this! If his body would hold up, and he would be willing to just play his role. I agree, it could work, but I would want him on a couple 10 day contracts regardless to see how it's working! I think there will still be a better, younger option that will hit the buyout market anyway!

LOL not even a comparison. you sign players base on need not who is better than who. Numbers suggest both players can avg 15ppg depending on role. Both players avg 16ppg a year ago. But why would one sign a center that cant shoot if they need a stretch 4 or why would one sign a stretch 4 that cant protect the rim. Melo problem is not that he cant play its from his attitude from his refusal to play in a reduced role. I am sorry but if Dudley can play Melo can play that make no sense.
    Let's bring Melo in to play some at the 5! You think it could really work Idawg? 😆
    Last edited by lakers squad; 08-21-2019 at 04:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LaVar Ball View Post
    Looks like your basketball knowledge is lacking vastly, which isnít a surprise to me knowing your history.

Dwight was the master of the SVG 1 in and 4 out. Thatís how he got to the finals. Rashard Lewis, Hedo Turkoglu, Rafer Alston and Courtney Lee were his 3 point snipers with Jameer Nelson, Mikael Pietrus and Marcin Gortat off the bench. Besides Gortat, Dwight was the master of kicking it out to one of those 3 pt shooters.

Say what you want about D12, but he will follow suit with what LeBron & AD tell him to do.

This isnít Dwight of 2012-13.
    Yep, that was the best way to play D12, but he's not the same dominant player he was then! LeBron really needs a 5 on the floor with him that can be at least a threat from outside, but I think they could make it work for a while if Dwight will buy into the role he's asked to play! I agree he's probably the best option for now!
    Last edited by lakers squad; 08-21-2019 at 04:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lakers squad View Post
    Let's bring Melo in to play some at the 5! You think it could really work Idawg? 😆
    If you want to go there he can if hes going up against D Green. Other than that why would one play him at the 5

Quote Originally Posted by lakers squad View Post
    Yep, that was the best way to play D12, but he's not the same dominant player he was then! LeBron really needs a 5 on the floor with him that can be at least a threat from outside, but I think they could make it work for a while if Dwight will buy into the role he's asked to play! I agree he's probably the best option for now!
    how do you agree then post my point on the subject. Let me correct it for you.

Nope, that was the best way to play D12 in 2009, but he's not the same dominant player! LeBron really needs a 5 on the floor with him that can be at least a threat from outside, but I think they could make it work for a while if Dwight will buy into the role he's asked to play! he's probably the best option for now!

how do you agree then post my point on the subject. Let me correct it for you.

Nope, that was the best way to play D12 in 2009, but he's not the same dominant player! LeBron really needs a 5 on the floor with him that can be at least a threat from outside, but I think they could make it work for a while if Dwight will buy into the role he's asked to play! he's probably the best option for now!
    I was saying that Dwight played that way in the past, but he cant be that dominate player he was then, now were he is the focal point! But it can work if he buys in and knows his role and adjusted his game to what we ask of him! But at the sametime Im not really wanting Dwight long-term, I think we could probably pick up a better option on the buyout market later! Hope this clears up what you were asking! Point is there really is no good options out there right now!
    Last edited by lakers squad; 08-21-2019 at 07:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShadow42 View Post
    The hell is wrong with you bru.
    x nba player Rose tend to agree to...so yíall can pretend this is 2009.
    Last edited by ldawg; 08-21-2019 at 11:02 AM.

Even Blake griffin and Dandre game evolved. Howard on the other hand is still a liability in late game situations. Set screen, rebound, block shoots work the boards. No Howard we are not going to dump the ball in the post. How is Howard like Cousins. They are opposites and work at different parts of the floor. Kuzma number will be called when that position requires a big to stretch the floor.
    First I want to say that Noah for me was a better choice, because he is an actual dog on defense. Howard is just words and as Meloyellow has a big ego. Now obviously has made a promise that he is going to behave to shut his big mouth and actually try to do what he could still do, which defend and at times score. Cousins can not not do any of that because he done as a player and the Lakers needed now just a player to help Gee to hold the fort at the 5. So like it or not Howard better or not than Cousins is coming to try to redeem himself in a cheap contract and if not then he is gone. We just need to see if Pelinka can take Iggy from the Memphis. Then they will be ready to go for the ring. Howard might not be in late situations on the court much the way the game has evolve. So is a win win situation. I am just glad that Meloyelow has work his way to us!

Not having Cousins changed alot about this team. With Howard and Mcgee you get two similar players instead of one being able to step out to clear the lane for Davis. Even with Cousins Davis will end the games playing center if its close. With Howard Lakers 3 point shooting will go back to one on the leagues worst ft shooting team Howard, Dudley, Lebron, Kuzma, Rondo, Mcgee are all weak in this area.
    No at all! He was just signed with the idea in mind that he might recover, but he unfortunately go hurt before the season started and the Lakers can have an upgrade on defense at the weakest position. Davis will be saved for the play offs for the small line ups vs teams like Warriors or Houstons. Howard still more athletic than Cousins at this point. Lakers have plenty of fire power on offense for first time in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by New Power House View Post
    No at all! He was just signed with the idea in mind that he might recover, but he unfortunately go hurt before the season started and the Lakers can have an upgrade on defense at the weakest position. Davis will be saved for the play offs for the small line ups vs teams like Warriors or Houstons. Howard still more athletic than Cousins at this point. Lakers have plenty of fire power on offense for first time in a while.
    It won't matter if we can't stop people. Defense will be the difference between winning a title and not getting out of the west alive.

Quote Originally Posted by New Power House View Post
    First I want to say that Noah for me was a better choice, because he is an actual dog on defense. Howard is just words and as Meloyellow has a big ego. Now obviously has made a promise that he is going to behave to shut his big mouth and actually try to do what he could still do, which defend and at times score. Cousins can not not do any of that because he done as a player and the Lakers needed now just a player to help Gee to hold the fort at the 5. So like it or not Howard better or not than Cousins is coming to try to redeem himself in a cheap contract and if not then he is gone. We just need to see if Pelinka can take Iggy from the Memphis. Then they will be ready to go for the ring. Howard might not be in late situations on the court much the way the game has evolve. So is a win win situation. I am just glad that Meloyelow has work his way to us!
    That's if Memphis buys him out first because we have no shot in trading for him. Remember that Disabled Player Exception of $1.75 million for Cousins will come in handy in February.

Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 LastLast