Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 32 of 37 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast
    This is the same thing the White Sox did with Kenny Williams while promoting Hahn. That worked. At least it sounds like they are looking for someone from the outside.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    Strange Question..... because we really should not be interested in him. But at the same time..... we also lack the ability to recruit or get anyone in free agency at this point (i think the 2022 plan needs to be reevaluated).... But Chris Paul seems like the easily aquireable veteran this team needs. Simply because we lack veteran leaders on this team.

Would anyone consider Thad.... Sato and Felecio for Paul this off-season

i hate his contract. but this team needs to make itself better before we can use that cap space anyway. Maybe Paul can help get us out of this Rutt........ plus when his 40 mil comes off maybe (with FO changed) this team will be considered a destination.

Bulls Roster

CP3
    Lavine
    Porter
    Lauri
    Wendell

6th man White

Bench -

First round pick. ( assuming we dont win the Loto.
    Hutch
    Arch
    Gafford
    Before I say no. Now I don't see us landing anyone with how disappointing we've been, so I wouldn't mind Paul for those 3. A Paul/Lavine/Porter/Lauri/Wendell 1st/White/Gafford/Hutch roster could actually work. Especially if we luck into Toppin.

What incentive does OKC have to trade Paul though? They already have enough draft picks and assets to complete a rebuild, and Paul is the perfect PG/Veteran to guide a young team into playing the game the right way.

Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    This is the same thing the White Sox did with Kenny Williams while promoting Hahn. That worked. At least it sounds like they are looking for someone from the outside.
    You are the most optimistic fan I've ever come across.

It's not a criticism, but after following this team for almost all of Reinsdorf's tenure, I just don't see how keeping Paxson in his current position is anything less than a half measure.

I know you like to draw parallels between this situation and the White Sox, but you can't blame anyone for being extremely skeptical.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Before I say no. Now I don't see us landing anyone with how disappointing we've been, so I wouldn't mind Paul for those 3. A Paul/Lavine/Porter/Lauri/Wendell 1st/White/Gafford/Hutch roster could actually work. Especially if we luck into Toppin.
    Thats how I feel. Honestly i hate the ides of Chris Paul. But its so incredibly clear we lack a verteran who can hold players acountable.... A good coach could but...... well Boylen. And as of right now. do you think this team in another year really has a shot to atract anyone. Its basically the only reason to argue Paul vs those 3. is the out in their deals. but we are not getting anyone the way this team is

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

What incentive does OKC have to trade Paul though? They already have enough draft picks and assets to complete a rebuild, and Paul is the perfect PG/Veteran to guide a young team into playing the game the right way.
    OKC is a small market team. With a 39 mil player who.... lets be real isnt leading them anywhere. I mean they are 24 mil over the lux tax threshold. Honestly the ability to be able get out of some of that money early may entice them.

they may be 6th in the west but they have to know they are not competing right. but honestly i think they could look to offload him if somebody would take that 40 mil deal of his. right now they are too good to tank though ... Paul is immovable by most acounts. i mean i don't want Pauls contract by any means (it sucks) but I also dont see what avility we have to improve or add even a fringe star to this team.

maybe it would take a pick. but i could also see them doing it if they could get a 3rd team to take Sato or Thad.... both who i think teams might have sone interest in .. and to me are at least tradable unlike Paul.

even the trade itself saves them 10 mil..... and gives them tradable peices in exchange. to me i could see it. maybe u need to toss a loto protected pick in there. but Honestly I think OKC would gladly part with Paul for peanuts

-Rem Koolhaas

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    You are the most optimistic fan I've ever come across.

It's not a criticism, but after following this team for almost all of Reinsdorf's tenure, I just don't see how keeping Paxson in his current position is anything less than a half measure.

I know you like to draw parallels between this situation and the White Sox, but you can't blame anyone for being extremely skeptical.
    And not to mention, completely different dynamics when assembling rosters. Baseball is easier bc you can literally build through the draft (and you can tank and get a guaranteed top pick), and find stars in whatever round; and it really is a team game. You can trade solid but not spectacular players like Quintana and get potential superstars back.

NBA is a league where you either need to get lucky in the draft or you need to establish a culture where superstar players want to go. Stars dictate where they want to go in ever scenario. Nobody wants to come play for this organization...Hell KG just came out and said that.

It would take a few years for a reputable guy to come in and build that culture and tell Pax to stay in his lane... You confident in that? I'm not.

Quote Originally Posted by toovey107 View Post
    And not to mention, completely different dynamics when assembling rosters. Baseball is easier bc you can literally build through the draft (and you can tank and get a guaranteed top pick), and find stars in whatever round; and it really is a team game. You can trade solid but not spectacular players like Quintana and get potential superstars back.

NBA is a league where you either need to get lucky in the draft or you need to establish a culture where superstar players want to go. Stars dictate where they want to go in ever scenario. Nobody wants to come play for this organization...Hell KG just came out and said that.

It would take a few years for a reputable guy to come in and build that culture and tell Pax to stay in his lane... You confident in that? I'm not.
    And what worthwhile candidate is going to accept a job where they have to report to Paxson?

The lack of autonomy has to be a major red flag to anyone serious about taking this job.

As far as the culture goes...dudes would rather team up on the Nets than take a meeting in Chicago. Tells you all you need to know.
    Last edited by DamnGoat; 02-17-2020 at 01:40 AM.

This franchise has been a joke to top FA's ever since they had Benny waiting for TMac at O'Hare.

If I'm the Bulls...ideal teams if you are trying to trade Lavine definitely would be teams like: Pacers, Thunder, Suns, Magic, and or the Knicks

With the way the lottery works, you kind of have to wait until the order is set b4 you trade lavine. It has to be for a top 3 in this draft at worst.

With the way the lottery works, you kind of have to wait until the order is set b4 you trade lavine. It has to be for a top 3 in this draft at worst.
    Then the Knicks or Hawks are the only teams that realistically stick to mind or to a team like the Charlotte Hornets

Personally I would say top 2. if your not getting Wiseman or Edwards. I think you stick with Zach.

-Rem Koolhaas

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    Personally I would say top 2. if your not getting Wiseman or Edwards. I think you stick with Zach.
    Probably correct. If we're getting Wiseman, that opens the door for a Wendell Trade also.

Yeah Wiseman is a stud...definitely would draft him if I'm the Bulls

Page 32 of 37 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast