Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 29 of 37 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast
    Or you can always trade Lavine to another team especially if you guys want to move up in the Draft depending on where you guys land

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Or you can always trade Lavine to another team especially if you guys want to move up in the Draft depending on where you guys land
    Not very enticing when you look at the prospects in this draft.

Watching the Lakers last night and Van Gundy made a good point. This draft doesnít have a clear 1. You can risk it with the Uber athlete Edwards but he questioned if he will ever have a consistent shot? Than he said Obi Toppin is the safest pick in the top 5.

This draft doesnít appear to be game changing for anyone. Thatís why Iím all about Toppin. He brings consistency on both sides of the ball every game. I think he has 1 game where he shot under 50% all season.

I like Haliburton quite a bit. Very efficient, will be 20 when he's drafted. Killian Hayes and Deni Avdija are interesting, but it's hard to tell with overseas prospects sometimes, and I haven't watched much of them TBH. Edwards definitely had a pro ready game, but he's going to struggle shooting over 40% with some of the shots he takes. Kinda reminds me of Marcus Smart coming out.

I think there are good players in this draft, but I agree, there might not be any great ones.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    I like Haliburton quite a bit. Very efficient, will be 20 when he's drafted. Killian Hayes and Deni Avdija are interesting, but it's hard to tell with overseas prospects sometimes, and I haven't watched much of them TBH. Edwards definitely had a pro ready game, but he's going to struggle shooting over 40% with some of the shots he takes. Kinda reminds me of Marcus Smart coming out.

I think there are good players in this draft, but I agree, there might not be any great ones.
    I don't love Edwards, but take what I think with a big grain of Morton's. I also didn't like Trae Young because of how awful he shot in Conference play. I guess the thing I love about Obi is the fact that he hasn't had a bad shooting game all season, he defends well every game, and he has come to play in the big games.

I like Wiseman but I feel like we are set at Center with Gafford and Wendell. We could say we are set at PF with Lauri too, but I think Obi is a better fit for the modern NBA and he defends. Lauri might figure his offense out again, but I don't think he will ever be good on defense, and that is an issue at the 4 IMO.

Also, if we are building around Lavine and White as our Guards, I feel like Edwards would be a poor fit. I also don't really see White as a good fit with Lavine, but I would personally keep looking to find a more prototypical PG, and use White in a role like Lou Williams off the bench. I think it suits his game well. He's instant offense but not a pure PG. Same as Lou.

For me, I would draft Toppin, let him come off the bench in his 1st year, while giving Lauri a chance to rebuild his brand, and then look to trade Lauri at the deadline to a team in need of a stretch 4. Build around Lavine/Toppin/Carter as starters and White as a 6th man, and look to SF in the 2021 draft and Free Agency. Hopefully we could land a SF in the Lauri trade, or with the picks we get we could pair with our draft pick in 2021 to move up if we aren't at the top already, and draft the best Wing available.

Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    I don't love Edwards, but take what I think with a big grain of Morton's. I also didn't like Trae Young because of how awful he shot in Conference play. I guess the thing I love about Obi is the fact that he hasn't had a bad shooting game all season, he defends well every game, and he has come to play in the big games.

I like Wiseman but I feel like we are set at Center with Gafford and Wendell. We could say we are set at PF with Lauri too, but I think Obi is a better fit for the modern NBA and he defends. Lauri might figure his offense out again, but I don't think he will ever be good on defense, and that is an issue at the 4 IMO.

Also, if we are building around Lavine and White as our Guards, I feel like Edwards would be a poor fit. I also don't really see White as a good fit with Lavine, but I would personally keep looking to find a more prototypical PG, and use White in a role like Lou Williams off the bench. I think it suits his game well. He's instant offense but not a pure PG. Same as Lou.

For me, I would draft Toppin, let him come off the bench in his 1st year, while giving Lauri a chance to rebuild his brand, and then look to trade Lauri at the deadline to a team in need of a stretch 4. Build around Lavine/Toppin/Carter as starters and White as a 6th man, and look to SF in the 2021 draft and Free Agency. Hopefully we could land a SF in the Lauri trade, or with the picks we get we could pair with our draft pick in 2021 to move up if we aren't at the top already, and draft the best Wing available.
    Perfect approach to take

Of course we can easily screw this up when Otto, Wendell, Lauri, Dunn return.

Charlotte, Phoenix, Washington, NYK, Minnesota, Cleveland, NYK are all winnable games from now until the end of March.

OKC, Dallas, Indiana, Brooklyn, Miami, Boston, Miami, Spurs, Houston, Denver, Philly, Utah are all games we should lose.

Luckily Phoenix and Washington are trying to win so they might be more likely losses.

We really need to lose our next 4. That might force our FO's hand in the path we take to finish the season.

Charlotte, Phoenix, Washington, NYK, Minnesota, Cleveland, NYK are all winnable games from now until the end of March.

OKC, Dallas, Indiana, Brooklyn, Miami, Boston, Miami, Spurs, Houston, Denver, Philly, Utah are all games we should lose.

Luckily Phoenix and Washington are trying to win so they might be more likely losses.

We really need to lose our next 4. That might force our FO's hand in the path we take to finish the season.
    More like y'all need to tank

I like Edwards because he already has a pretty defined NBA arsenal. Good stepback, good passer, runs the floor really well, gets to the rim, and plays the passing lanes defensively. He's gonna have to become a better shooter though, both in form and shot selection.

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    More like y'all need to tank
    That is exactly what my point was lol

I like Edwards because he already has a pretty defined NBA arsenal. Good stepback, good passer, runs the floor really well, gets to the rim, and plays the passing lanes defensively. He's gonna have to become a better shooter though, both in form and shot selection.
    Does Toppin not have a defined NBA Arsenal? I don't think you could shoot 63.1% if you didn't. His efficiency is off the charts.

Does Toppin not have a defined NBA Arsenal? I don't think you could shoot 63.1% if you didn't. His efficiency is off the charts.
    Honestly haven't watched much of him.

I'll defer to whoever has. I'm guessing he's not rated as highly on some draft boards because of his age and competition.

The scouting reports I've read aren't high on Toppin's perimeter D so he'll most likely be a 4 at least early on. FWIW there is already going to be a major logjam at the 3-4 with Porter/Hutch/Young/Lauri.

Personally, I'd trade out of any top 7 pick if Edwards isn't available. Actually attempt to build up an asset surplus for once.

Honestly haven't watched much of him.

I'll defer to whoever has. I'm guessing he's not rated as highly on some draft boards because of his age and competition.
    Heís rated top 5 in most Iíve seen. He was equally effective in games Vs big programs. The A10 has actually held its own in recent years. Iím pretty sure heís a top 5 candidate for player of the year as well. Heís pretty well talked about. Iíll admit I was a little surprised when I heard Van Gundy go on a rant about him last night.

Page 29 of 37 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast