Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 18 of 37 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
Results 256 to 270 of 550
  1. #256
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    8,463
    Quote Originally Posted by infinity2152 View Post
    First, I've been defending Dunn and liked him from the start. I think great defenders are just as valuable as great offensive players. Nobody's saying Dunn is a starter, saying he's a solid, keepable reserve is not a stretch, it's the truth. You're talking about scheme, Valentine has only looked good offensively in spurts, and never great. He's slow and unathletic, pretty good shooter. wasn't saying Dunn is better than both, but he's at least as good, and nobody's clamoring to trade them. The point is what you trade Dunn for is very likely to be Hutch/Valentine level or worse, you're not getting a high first for Dunn probably mid to late first at best.

    And how does scheme account for his great defense, but have no effect on his offense? The entire team is at the bottom of the league offensively, lol, half the time he's playing with 2 other point guards on the floor, lmao!!

    Hilarious is saying you're saying you two were the only one's defending Dunn, now you're the main one trying to trade him, lmao!! What exactly would you expect to get in a trade for him, anyway? If Coby White is really our PG of the future, Dunn would be excellent behind him. Sato can back up 3 positions. Even with Dunn, we're seeing way too much Ardiciacano. How much would he play if we trade Dunn?
    1. Only you think Great defenders are as valuable as Great offensive players. Who would you rather have Buddy hield or Kris Dunn? So you cant say they are valued the same.

    2. None said he wasn't a solid player.... Paying 8-12 mil for a reserve when you are a bad team is dumb. The Thunder did the same thing with Jerami Grant. Great defender and solid guy, but why pay that instead of getting cost controlled guys in for a guy who is replaceable?

    3. I never said it accounted for him defensively but use your head. This defense is predicated on playing passing lanes and getting into your guy and trapping off screens. What is Dunn's strong suit on defense? Getting into the passing lanes, reaching, and fighting through screens which help the double more than say Lavine's double. There is a reason why he is being noticed more this year than any other year. Hell when people talk about how great of a defender he is, the first things they bring up are his deflections and steals.

    4. Just because I like someone doesn't mean I have to be blind and want to keep them on the team. I liked and defended Rose and wanted him gone. I liked Jimmy but wanted to trade him. I liked Pau and wished that we had did that trade that would have unprotected their pick. Just because I like and defended someone doesn't mean I should have blinders on.

    5. Who cares how much arch plays this year. Its not like this team has championship aspirations. Hell we don't even have playoff aspirations. 14 of our last 17 are against teams in the playoff picture. The only good team we have beat were the Clippers but they sat everyone.

  2. #257
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    8,463
    Also this offense is made for dunn. He is actually finishing around the rim consistently for the first time in his career. He is like 65 % around the rim I think. He just cant get there that much because no one guards him for his shot. If he even shot slightly below average from 3 he would look a lot better. Problem is he cant. He has only had 1 year doing it.

  3. #258
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Posts
    27,689
    Quote Originally Posted by ChitownbullsBG7 View Post
    Also this offense is made for dunn. He is actually finishing around the rim consistently for the first time in his career. He is like 65 % around the rim I think. He just cant get there that much because no one guards him for his shot. If he even shot slightly below average from 3 he would look a lot better. Problem is he cant. He has only had 1 year doing it.
    you keep saying he can't.... but he has 2 years where he shot 32 and 35%. 32 is slightly bellow average and 35 is actually pretty average. Please stop using his 3pt shooting as your make or break for him. He can be better. If this team had a functioning offense maybe he would have an open 3 or 2 set up every few games. The fact is as infinity said this offense as a whole sucks. Everyone is down. The only one good enough to play through it seems to be Lavine.


    ‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

    -Rem Koolhaas

  4. #259
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Northwest Arkansas
    Posts
    70,077
    For the players that qualify, 32% would be 140th out of 152 players this year. That's a bit worse than slightly above average. 35% would around 100th.

    Those percentages suck in this era of the league. Kinda strange that anyone would argue for Dunn being a decent/average shooter from 3. He's bad and that's with mostly wide open looks.

    I do like him as a defensive specialist though.
    Last edited by DamnGoat; 01-30-2020 at 11:38 PM.

  5. #260
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Posts
    27,689
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    For the players that qualify, 32% would be 140th out of 152 players this year. That's a bit worse than slightly above average. 35% would around 100th.

    Those percentages suck in this era of the league. Kinda strange that anyone would argue for Dunn being a decent/average shooter from 3. He's bad and that's with mostly wide open looks.

    I do like him as a defensive specialist though.
    the whole argument seems hinged on Dunn shooting 26%.... which sucks. But at the same time he cites SMART as a good shooter at 36%. and why Dunn could never fill that same role on a team and is replaceable.

    We all know dunn is shooting like **** this year. Hell everyone is down. But it bugs me that he wants to cite Dunn as a terrible shooter simply based on this single season where the offense as a whole is totally garbage. You cant tell me you disagree with thinking on a better team Dunn could probably shoot closer to 33% (what he averaged the last 2 years) I mean he has 2 years above 30 but Chi town acts like he is never going to be better. He should just give up and is garbage. I mean your seriously telling me that 6 or 7 more 3s this year from dunn Makes him incredibly more valuable.


    ‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

    -Rem Koolhaas

  6. #261
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    8,463
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    For the players that qualify, 32% would be 140th out of 152 players this year. That's a bit worse than slightly above average. 35% would around 100th.

    Those percentages suck in this era of the league. Kinda strange that anyone would argue for Dunn being a decent/average shooter from 3. He's bad and that's with mostly wide open looks.

    I do like him as a defensive specialist though.
    Exactly. Im done with the topic though. If anyone cant comprehend why Dunn has been a poor shooter over his 4 year career than its a lost cause, Or cant understand How Smart 6 3s/(36%) a game is better than dunn's 2 3s(35%) a game; they are basically clueless.

    Like sometimes on here I feel like getting in a boxing match with a professional and never moving or putting my hands up to defend myself. Just let him take punch after punch.

  7. #262
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    8,463
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    the whole argument seems hinged on Dunn shooting 26%.... which sucks. But at the same time he cites SMART as a good shooter at 36%. and why Dunn could never fill that same role on a team and is replaceable.

    We all know dunn is shooting like **** this year. Hell everyone is down. But it bugs me that he wants to cite Dunn as a terrible shooter simply based on this single season where the offense as a whole is totally garbage. You cant tell me you disagree with thinking on a better team Dunn could probably shoot closer to 33% (what he averaged the last 2 years) I mean he has 2 years above 30 but Chi town acts like he is never going to be better. He should just give up and is garbage. I mean your seriously telling me that 6 or 7 more 3s this year from dunn Makes him incredibly more valuable.
    Go to the Celtics forum and ask them if they would trade Smart for Kornet,Valentine and Duun. When they say no, Tell them dunn does everything Smart does. I bet they all laugh at you. Again Dunn isn't bad. He is a hell of a defender but those guys are replaceable.

    This also reminds me when Nwaaba was a FA and yall were mad we wouldn't pay him.

  8. #263
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Mishawaka, IN
    Posts
    7,482
    Quote Originally Posted by ChitownbullsBG7 View Post
    Go to the Celtics forum and ask them if they would trade Smart for Kornet,Valentine and Duun. When they say no, Tell them dunn does everything Smart does. I bet they all laugh at you. Again Dunn isn't bad. He is a hell of a defender but those guys are replaceable.

    This also reminds me when Nwaaba was a FA and yall were mad we wouldn't pay him.
    I did enjoy Nwaba late in games. He was the reason we won so many games we had no business winning. He was a pure specialist though. Had no real offensive game outside of hustle. But when you need a turnover late, heís the guy. Kinda surprised he never ended up getting a small contract on a contender for that alone

  9. #264
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Mishawaka, IN
    Posts
    7,482
    When I say so many games, take that with a grain of salt lol. We didnít win that many, but it seemed like when we won he was at the forefront

  10. #265
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lynwood , IL
    Posts
    48,505
    Wish we kept Nwaba tho tho heís not much offensively heís efficient in the shots he takes and plays defense. He was a very cheap option . He signed a 2 year deal with the nets who will be a contender next season once KD returns . But he got released because he got hurt


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

  11. #266
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Mishawaka, IN
    Posts
    7,482
    Bulls should make a hard push for Mikal Bridges. Offer the Suns Dunn and Thad and see if they could get it done. Mikal is one of those defensive guys thatís going to slowly develop his offense and become a solid 2 way player.

  12. #267
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Posts
    27,689
    Quote Originally Posted by ChitownbullsBG7 View Post
    Go to the Celtics forum and ask them if they would trade Smart for Kornet,Valentine and Duun. When they say no, Tell them dunn does everything Smart does. I bet they all laugh at you. Again Dunn isn't bad. He is a hell of a defender but those guys are replaceable.

    This also reminds me when Nwaaba was a FA and yall were mad we wouldn't pay him.
    At this point Dunn is at an all time low. I recognize that. And no. they probably would not. I mean they surely dont need Kornet or Denzel either. But the whole roster is at all time value lows because if this joke of a coach.

    Im just saying if this team was well coached Which may also help dunn Shoot better. Dunn could surely fill that role

    the fact is Marcus smart on this roster isnt respected the same way either. He probably is told stupid things like we have seen them tell Coby. Probably told Dunn he needs to shoot more 3s too. Peobably have basically told him to be something he isnt.

    Im just not sure why your so Stuck on his poor shooting % from 3 as if he cant raise that up to 30-35 %. with a better team and coaching.


    ‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

    -Rem Koolhaas

  13. #268
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    20,986
    Love nwaba. Winning teams need at least one of those guys. Heís a winning player.

  14. #269
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Mishawaka, IN
    Posts
    7,482
    Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    Love nwaba. Winning teams need at least one of those guys. Heís a winning player.
    Yeah put him in a closeout lineup with some offensive stars and he will eat guards alive on defense.

  15. #270
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    362
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    At this point Dunn is at an all time low. I recognize that. And no. they probably would not. I mean they surely dont need Kornet or Denzel either. But the whole roster is at all time value lows because if this joke of a coach.

    Im just saying if this team was well coached Which may also help dunn Shoot better. Dunn could surely fill that role

    the fact is Marcus smart on this roster isnt respected the same way either. He probably is told stupid things like we have seen them tell Coby. Probably told Dunn he needs to shoot more 3s too. Peobably have basically told him to be something he isnt.

    Im just not sure why your so Stuck on his poor shooting % from 3 as if he cant raise that up to 30-35 %. with a better team and coaching.
    Every shot he takes is wide open already. A better team/coach isn't going to change anything.

Page 18 of 37 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •