Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27353637
    Quote Originally Posted by ds637 View Post
    Me too, couldn't believe they stuck with that all year without even trying to get someone replacement level.

If Ben Gordon signed his Bulls contract instead of testing the market and getting the same deal from the Pistons, that team would have been crazy. Instead we played 4 on 5 on offense with almost no one who could shoot outside.
    Those teams were the epitome of GarPax’s risk-averse nature. Any good GM with balls would’ve pulled off a trade to get a 2nd star to help Derrick, especially after a 62-20 season where you fell short because the other team had more stars than yours. Our incompetent FO thought a washed up Rip Hamilton was the answer. They should’ve been canned after the whole D-Rose debacle, yet he’s gone, Thibs is gone and Butler is gone, and they’re still here. There’s a reason why fans were chanting fire GarPax during the all-star weekend coverage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was just unfortunate that those Bulls teams faced a Heat team with prime Lebron, Wade and Bosh. Like dayum

Quote Originally Posted by dyst View Post
    It was just unfortunate that those Bulls teams faced a Heat team with prime Lebron, Wade and Bosh. Like dayum
    Yeah b4 the warriors, we Def had a good enough team to beat everyone else in the West. 3 of the top 4 picks from the same draft played together though. That ruined it for us. Our only chance was maybe getting Joe Johnson instead of Boozer, but A) he wasn’t passing up that 5 year max from Atlanta. B) it might not have put us over the top

Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    Yeah b4 the warriors, we Def had a good enough team to beat everyone else in the West. 3 of the top 4 picks from the same draft played together though. That ruined it for us. Our only chance was maybe getting Joe Johnson instead of Boozer, but A) he wasn’t passing up that 5 year max from Atlanta. B) it might not have put us over the top
    At the time I think Joe + Taj would've been better for us than Bogans + Boozer. Maybe it puts us over in 2011. They gave Joe so much money though not a chance unless we matched.

Quote Originally Posted by Pierzynski4Prez View Post
    At the time I think Joe + Taj would've been better for us than Bogans + Boozer. Maybe it puts us over in 2011. They gave Joe so much money though not a chance unless we matched.

If I recall correctly we couldn’t have matched. Atlanta owned his bird rights and offered him more money than any other team could have. They severely overpaid him. It wasn’t a smart move for the hawks.

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    If I recall correctly we couldn’t have matched. Atlanta owned his bird rights and offered him more money than any other team could have. They severely overpaid him. It wasn’t a smart move for the hawks.
    We couldn't, you're right.

We could have matched AAV, but he got a 6 year deal with ATL. I believe the Bulls could only offer 4 (or maybe it was 5?), but either way the previous CBA made it so teams had a better chance of retaining their players by offering more years.

Quote Originally Posted by Pierzynski4Prez View Post

I liked booz but you are right. The production we would have gotten from joe and taj would have been far greater than booz and bogans.

Quote Originally Posted by effen5 View Post
    I liked booz but you are right. The production we would have gotten from joe and taj would have been far greater than booz and bogans.
    Boozer was coming out a lot in the 4th quarter anyways. And where we struggled a lot in 2011 was we couldn't buy a bucket down the stretch in some of those games. Johnson would've helped that tremendously.

We also woulda been better off Vs Wade Lebron with Rose, Joe and Deng

But as stated b4. He wasn’t leaving that huge overpay for us. We took Boozer as the next best available after Joe, Wade, Bosh , Bron were spoken for. We had to choose between Amare and Booze and neither were the answer. The other option was signing multiple role players, but that class was weak as hell after the top 4.

Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27353637