Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    you stated 3 other teams right?????
    I did. You can scroll up 2 posts and see what I said.

Im guesing your throwing the Hawks in as 1 of those teams that passed on him
    Obviously, yes.
    I don't disagree that Doncic might be better...... but are we really going to criticize the Hawks as well for passing on Doncic which is what it seems your doing..... when Trae Young is basically doing the same thing minus the rebouding?

I mean seriously side by side.

trae Young Per 36 this year

32.4 Points
    8.8 assist
    6.1 rebounds

Doncic per 36 this year

26.2 points
    8.4 assist
    9.6 rebounds
    Cool, per36 numbers on a 5 game sample, lol. Raw stats aren't as interesting to me here when you're talking about two players that offer much different skillsets and impact their teams differently.

Trae is very much a volume scorer, a small PG, and a defensive liability. He's a good player, but IMO his upside is a poor man's Curry. There's also no way he can sustain this level of efficiency. He's shooting 50% from 3 and taking most of his shots from there. His averages will come down and using such a small sample is meaningless.

Luka plays like a hybrid of Harden and LeBron (try not to flip out and assume I'm saying he's on their level yet)... extremely high usage, drive and score/kick/get fouled, and already has a pretty deadly stepback move. His offensive game is more sustainable, less reliant on a ridiculous hot streak from 3, has the potential to be even better once his 3 ball improves and he works on his body a little bit (not a great athlete).
    So if you want to insinuate that 3 teams passed on Doncic and lost. I think there is a major debate to be had that Trae Young is bot exactly a concelation prize.

especially considering the Hawks got Trae Young and Cam Redish for Luka. so i am hardley going to knock them for passing.
    Feel free to debate it. I don't really care. I'm not insinuating anything. I'm flat out saying the 3 teams ahead of Dallas made a mistake. I could give two ***** about Cam Reddish... maybe he tilts the scales, but I really doubt it. I didn't like him at all coming out and he's been awful early on. Still, small sample, but a 1.7 PER is, uh, let's just say, not good.

I guess the easiest way to sum this up is... I believe Luka will be competing for MVP's in a few years and the best player on a title contender. I believe Trae is a future All-Star (likely multiple times), maybe makes the most 3's in a season a few times, but I find it hard to believe that he can be the lead guy on a contender.
    Last edited by DamnGoat; 11-03-2019 at 01:06 AM.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    I did. You can scroll up 2 posts and see what I said.

Obviously, yes.

Cool, per36 numbers on a 5 game sample, lol. Raw stats aren't as interesting to me here when you're talking about two players that offer much different skillsets and impact their teams differently.

Trae is very much a volume scorer, a small PG, and a defensive liability. He's a good player, but IMO his upside is a poor man's Curry. There's also no way he can sustain this level of efficiency. He's shooting 50% from 3 and taking most of his shots from there. His averages will come down and using such a small sample is meaningless.

Luka plays like a hybrid of Harden and LeBron (try not to flip out and assume I'm saying he's on their level yet)... extremely high usage, drive and score/kick/get fouled, and already has a pretty deadly stepback move. His offensive game is more sustainable, less reliant on a ridiculous hot streak from 3, has the potential to be even better once his 3 ball improves and he works on his body a little bit (not a great athlete).

Feel free to debate it. I don't really care. I'm not insinuating anything. I'm flat out saying the 3 teams ahead of Dallas made a mistake. I could give two ***** about Cam Reddish... maybe he tilts the scales, but I really doubt it. I didn't like him at all coming out and he's been awful early on. Still, small sample, but a 1.7 PER is, uh, let's just say, not good.

I guess the easiest way to sum this up is... I believe Luka will be competing for MVP's in a few years and the best player on a title contender. I believe Trae is a future All-Star (likely multiple times), maybe makes the most 3's in a season a few times, but I find it hard to believe that he can be the lead guy on a contender.
    your basing your love for Doncic on a 5 game sample size too????? so saying the stats at a 5 game sample size doesnt matter is funny to me.

as far as Your basis for liking him more. in not going to disagree. but im hardley going to agree the Hawks made a mistake when both players look like strait up studs.

at this point. its far too early for this kinda sentiment anyway. they are 1 year and 5 games into their carears.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    your basing your love for Doncic on a 5 game sample size too????? so saying the stats at a 5 game sample size doesnt matter is funny to me.

as far as Your basis for liking him more. in not going to disagree. but im hardley going to agree the Hawks made a mistake when both players look like strait up studs.

at this point. its far too early for this kinda sentiment anyway. they are 1 year and 5 games into their carears.
    And his Rookie of the Year campaign, not just a 5 game sample. Come on now. I already pointed out how his game is more sustainable than Trae's too. That assessment isn't based on a 5 game sample either.

Anyway, I'll move on. Kind of a waste of time debating anything with you.
    Last edited by DamnGoat; 11-03-2019 at 01:24 PM.

Please God let him come here. Bring Giannis with him too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://twitter.com/thesteinline/sta...141147136?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

https://twitter.com/nba/status/1191903855744880640?s=21

https://twitter.com/nbcsbulls/status...653978112?s=21

Looking at Brandon Clarke this year, he's a guy I really wish we could have traded into the 1st to get.

Ben Gordon would put up some big numbers in today’s game.

2019-20 Around the NBA

Ric Bucher reporting Warriors G Steph Curry unlikely to play again this season after surgery determined his fractured hand was “worse than originally thought”

All in all, Warriors will probably end up with #1 pick in draft next year.

2016 World Series Champions!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    Ric Bucher reporting Warriors G Steph Curry unlikely to play again this season after surgery determined his fractured hand was “worse than originally thought”

All in all, Warriors will probably end up with #1 pick in draft next year.
    They might end up with the worst record, but with the draft odds flattening out, it doesn't guarantee them the #1 pick.

https://twitter.com/mceide_wreg3/sta...757176320?s=21

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    This haunts me on the daily.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast