Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    I remember a lot of people on here saying he wouldnít be good because heís not athletic. Itís the narrative any time a white European is taken near the top of the draft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
    I remember a lot of people on here saying he wouldnít be good because heís not athletic. Itís the narrative any time a white European is taken near the top of the draft.

Lack of athleticism will always be a knock on a top prospect...white or black.

Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post

It was so ****ing stupid. All you had to do is watch him play and know he was going to be very good. His lack of elite athleticism makes it even more impressive and he'll age very well... probably still be a stud 15 years from now.

He's essentially a LeBron/Harden hybrid with the way he plays. There are only a few players in league history that have done what he's doing at 20 years old.

Quote Originally Posted by toovey107 View Post
    This haunts me on the daily.
    Yeah, I took some heat in this forum for saying we should have moved up for him, regardless of cost, but that's pretty defensible at this point, no?

I like Wendell and Coby, but I wouldn't hesitate to give up a pair of 1st's and whatever pick we used to get Hutchinson for Luka. Those guys are all role players (WCJ might be very good) while Luka is probably getting MVP votes as a 20 year old.

Fortunately, I'm kind of a closet Mavs fan anyway. All their games are on where I live, so I've watched a ton of them these last two seasons. Really likable team because of Luka, Porzingas was a great get, Carlisle is a really good coach, and it's refreshing to see an owner actually give a ****.
    Last edited by DamnGoat; Yesterday at 11:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    Lack of athleticism will always be a knock on a top prospect...white or black.
    Yeah but some of them are actually athletic and people say they arenít just because theyíre European. Itís really odd that thatís a thing, but you see it every year when fan bases lose their **** if they take a Euro player.

I donít know why any one is mad we didnít get him. We didnít have a package good enough to beat the Hawks. Pointless to dwell

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011