Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I feel like chase is going to take a sack every snap. If he doesnít get sacked, heís going to just flat out miss someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Beanchwarmer View Post
    So... anyone else see how awful Chase is? Like... horrifically bad
    I don't have much issue with how Pace has built this roster, but I've never really liked his approach to the backup QB position. Chase Daniel is a glorified coach making $5.5M. That's a waste of money. There's a decent list of backups (who all make less money) that I'd take over him, and it wouldn't hurt to have a guy on a rookie deal behind Trubisky either.

He singlehandedly lost that Giants game last year with 17 fumbles. Hopefully this is his last year here and he can just be a part of the coaching staff moving forward.
    Last edited by DamnGoat; 08-16-2019 at 09:24 PM.

Chase sucks, but so do a lot of starting QBs so itís not surprising.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kerryth Whyte is so fast. Clifton Duck looked....slow? Great interception though.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    I feel like chase is going to take a sack every snap. If he doesnít get sacked, heís going to just flat out miss someone.
    I dont deny chase sucks. but I think most people expect too much out of a backup. I mean even if we had drafted a guy I think it doesnt mean it helps. I liked Clayton Thorson out of this draft but he hasnt looked very good thus far. I just think if You have a good backup somebody pays him to be a starter. See Foles Fitzpatrick

I mean which teams have good backups right now Tell me if I miss any

Giants w/ Jones (maybe)
    Dolphins w/ Rosen (maybe)
    Indy w/ Birsett (only because they needed a starter as Luck was questionable)
    Titans Tannahill
    Denver Lock (has not looked good)
    Redskins w/ Keenum or Haskins

4 out of the list here are simply guys who have just been drafted and likley are more hype than substance. Am I missing any that you would be comfortable starting because chase may suck but he isnt expected to play unless the starter goes down. I just dont see why people complain when only a handfull of teams have backups you would be OK with starting. Chase has his moments so I cant complain.

I mean we had a solid backup for a year behind jay and then the jets stole him to start. its what happens. unless you can find a late round steel of a QB who can stay on a rok contract for a few years you are not going to have one.
    Last edited by Kyben36; 08-16-2019 at 09:52 PM.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

Not so bears related but Does Jordan Howard look like he is in better shape. just watching the few runs he had in the pre season week 2 and maybe that eagles green/blue is thinning. You guys tell me. I just seem to remember him looking alot bigger last year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SqTlbmOq3Y

-Rem Koolhaas

He was brought in cause of Nagy. Pretty much that simple. He was Nagys guy and pace brought him here. Hopefully next year they draft someone to develop.

Chsse is a fine backup. He's a poised and accurate passer that just ***** his pants

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

He was brought in cause of Nagy. Pretty much that simple. He was Nagys guy and pace brought him here. Hopefully next year they draft someone to develop.
    what are the odds that person is any good though, we surely wont spend a 2nd on a QB. after that are we going to wait till the 5th. are you really convinced a 5th rounder is better than Chase. Honestly I would try and sign somebody. Case Keenum would be OK. I would be estatic if Alex Smith got cut but they would eat a ton of money. But im not sure he plays another down for the Redskins either. Personally I would love if we had a more mobile QB who could run the RPO like Mitch.

-Rem Koolhaas

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    what are the odds that person is any good though, we surely wont spend a 2nd on a QB. after that are we going to wait till the 5th. are you really convinced a 5th rounder is better than Chase. Honestly I would try and sign somebody. Case Keenum would be OK. I would be estatic if Alex Smith got cut but they would eat a ton of money. But im not sure he plays another down for the Redskins either. Personally I would love if we had a more mobile QB who could run the RPO like Mitch.
    Need to have someone to develop. Alex Smith May be done and Chase isnít going to play forever. Heís a serviceable backup at best who was brought in more because of his knowledge of the offense and to mentor Mitch. Bears need to try to do better sooner than later as Mitch matures and no longer needs a chase Daniel on the team.

Just watched that slop with our scrubs. To me both the Oline and both QB's were horrendous. Apart from a couple of good plays on D everything else was terrible. Tackling on D & ST was beyond bad.*

So, would you say Pineiro is in the lead? With his leg bring slightly stronger I would think he might be slightly ahead. Thing is when you are playing with scrubs the field goal opportunities are scare in preseason.

Quote Originally Posted by Salvaged Ship View Post
    So, would you say Pineiro is in the lead? With his leg bring slightly stronger I would think he might be slightly ahead. Thing is when you are playing with scrubs the field goal opportunities are scare in preseason.
    Think its closer to even. With fry missing a 47 and Pinerro a 48. It just shows me 1 game means jack ****.

-Rem Koolhaas

Need to have someone to develop. Alex Smith May be done and Chase isnít going to play forever. Heís a serviceable backup at best who was brought in more because of his knowledge of the offense and to mentor Mitch. Bears need to try to do better sooner than later as Mitch matures and no longer needs a chase Daniel on the team.
    Lets be honest about the developmental QB though. Best case scenario u may end up with somebody like Glennon who can come in for a handful of games and look OK. But glennon honestly isnt better than Chase. Its just diferent. Its ublikely you end up with A Tom Brady or Kirk cousins. And ubless u spend a high pick i dont think its better. U wont end up with Jimmy G. And I see a way we spend a top pick on one anyway.

Thats why a FA is prolly the way to go. Slightly proven. Not a complete toss in the dark.

-Rem Koolhaas

Side note Marcus Moriota is a FA.... Sooo is Winston. Jacobby. Any of these guys Make it to FA. If they do are they paid to be starters on bad teams.

I mean I may be alone here but I would have loved Blake Bortles here simply becayse he can run the RPO similar to Mitch. Its clear when Chase is in its a total diferent offense.

-Rem Koolhaas

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast