Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415
    I think his play will determine his contract. Itís a big Gamble for Dak . You guys can say wins are a team stat and in a general view it is. But if he plays the year without a extension they better get near a SB if he wants to crack 35 million . Zeke or no Zeke. His stats will also have to be good but they wonít get far if heís having a bad year . Zeke or no Zeke . So itís all on him. His contract, the already high tension situation of a 5 billion dollar team not even having 5 playoff wins in forever . And most importantly my ability to come in here and bury you guys again. Itís all on Dak in many ways. How much will he get if he wins a MVP? He has played at or near a MVP level whenever he has had a WR #1 . Cooper is on the team. Dak has a couple MVP votes as a rookie. Crazier things have happened. How much does he get then?

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    And I really donít think there is anyone saying Dak sucks. Heís an ok quarterback and probably on the better end of the middle tier QBs. That doesnít equate to sucking.

Cue surf emojis and his inability to comprehend what was actually said.
    The going rate for a mid tier QB is $35M+.
    First 4 years:
    Brown - 54 GP, 27 GS, 261 catches (63.3%) for 3,561 yds (8.6 AVG), 15 TD
    Landry - 64 GP, 57 GS, 400 catches (70.2%) for 4,038 yds (10.1 AVG), 22 TD

Huh. Wonder why Landry is getting paid so much...

"Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

Quote Originally Posted by surf and turf View Post
    I think his play will determine his contract.
    Isnít this literally how everyone gets a contract?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post
    Yearly? Like one QB makes that per year.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by zookman65 View Post
    Yes because drafting their "long term guy" is so easy, right? They wanted Paxton Lynch. As Jerry said "Romo was a miracle" to get a pro-bowl caliber QB as a free agent. The last good QB before Dak that the Cowboys actually drafted was Troy Aikman in 1989. You guys are delusional if you think they will let Dak walk. Pay him 32 or 33 almost all guaranteed and let Zeke walk. Dak + Pollard > Cooper Rush level QB + Zeke for gods sake. No reason to think Mariota will be available. They wont put the transition tag on him.
    Oh itís definitely a gamble. There is absolutely no guarantees when it comes to drafting a QB. There is. I guarantee they would be able to draft a guy thatís as good as Dak is now. Plus they will likely be drafting in the middle-late 1st round. So they will have to trade up or will have to take a chance on a middle round guy. Now they have been excellent in the draft the last few years so they have that going for them. Itís a gamble either way though.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post
    This year that is the going rate. Next year that will likely change unless Dak has an MVP season (which is not likely). If he has a similar season to last season and considering the teams that will be on the market his value could easily decrease to $20-$25 mil.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415