Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Dak Prescott Seeking 40 Million Per Year

Surprised there is no thread for this. Jane Slater reported that Dak had turned down 30 per and is seeking 40 for his next contract. As an Eagles fan I fully support this and hope he gets it.

Vhttps://www.forbes.com/sites/vincentfrank/2019/08/12/nfl-contracts-cowboys-dak-prescott-demanding-40-million-annually/#5805a85660ee

It is the 1st step in negotiating. He just established to the Cowboys what he thinks he is worth.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Dak is gonna walk to another team and then Jerry Jones will draft his grandson with their 1st round pick in the 2020 NFL draft.

You heard it here first..

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by TheDish87 View Post
    Surprised there is no thread for this. Jane Slater reported that Dak had turned down 30 per and is seeking 40 for his next contract. As an Eagles fan I fully support this and hope he gets it.

Vhttps://www.forbes.com/sites/vincentfrank/2019/08/12/nfl-contracts-cowboys-dak-prescott-demanding-40-million-annually/#5805a85660ee
    Thereís no thread for it because itís fake news . Daks camp is not asking more then Russel Wilson . Heís the target . Not 40 . But if you were Dak you would want more then letís say I guy like Wentz who Dak has outplayed. Agents donít use false projections. But if he decides he wants 40... win a SB Iím sure he will get what he wants then.

Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    Dak is gonna walk to another team and then Jerry Jones will draft his grandson with their 1st round pick in the 2020 NFL draft.

You heard it here first..
    No you didnít hear it there first I predicted that before he was done HS

Quote Originally Posted by surf and turf View Post
    No you didnít hear it there first I predicted that before he was done HS
    Ohhh wow. I didn't know that you were predicting Dak to leave the cowboys

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by surf and turf View Post
    Thereís no thread for it because itís fake news . Daks camp is not asking more then Russel Wilson . Heís the target . Not 40 . But if you were Dak you would want more then letís say I guy like Wentz who Dak has outplayed. Agents donít use false projections. But if he decides he wants 40... win a SB Iím sure he will get what he wants then.
    Wentz got an extension that went with his existing contract which made the overall average of his total deal worth less than 30M. If Dak is willing to take an extension that keeps him at his 2019 pay of 2M, the team might be willing to go for it. A three year extension at 36M/season would equal a 4 year deal at 27.5M/season.

Damn, being a super clutch warrior is expensive these days.

😂😂😂😂 catches breath, 😂😂😂😂 whew!

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    Wentz got an extension that went with his existing contract which made the overall average of his total deal worth less than 30M. If Dak is willing to take an extension that keeps him at his 2019 pay of 2M, the team might be willing to go for it. A three year extension at 36M/season would equal a 4 year deal at 27.5M/season.
    I thought all extensions work that way. The rookie deal essentially stays the same. So shouldnít it be viewed solely as an extension?

Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    I thought all extensions work that way. The rookie deal essentially stays the same. So shouldnít it be viewed solely as an extension?
    Technically there are no extensions, only new contracts. Whatever remains of an old contract will usually influence the first year(s) of the new contract though.

But assume a player has 2 years left, and signs a 3-year extension with a signing bonus, then that's actually a new 5-year contract with the signing bonus prorated over 5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Technically there are no extensions, only new contracts. Whatever remains of an old contract will usually influence the first year(s) of the new contract though.

But assume a player has 2 years left, and signs a 3-year extension with a signing bonus, then that's actually a new 5-year contract with the signing bonus prorated over 5 years.
    All true
    But essentially the rookie deal is separate. The pro rated signing bonus being spread out longer being the exception.
    So imo while it is technically not an extension it should be mostly viewed as one.

Dallas should wait to see what happens with Mariota. Mariota can do what Dak does, but likely would be considerably cheaper

Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    Dallas should wait to see what happens with Mariota. Mariota can do what Dak does, but likely would be considerably cheaper
    The cowboys wonít do this but if Dak doesnít sign a new contract I would put the transition tag on him. Not the franchise tag. Let him negotiate with the entire NFL. No one will sign him to more money then cowboys.
    I would also grab a guy like Marriota if available ( like you suggested) or draft a QB early in April.

my man can kick rocks lol... lol dallas is so ****ed for years... they gonna pay this dude 30 plus million and zeek and not be able to build a team on top of having a QB who probably wont even be top 10.

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast