Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 48 12311 ... LastLast

8/13-8/15: Cubs (64-54) @ Phillies (60-58) IGT: The Not An NLDS Preview Edition

Cubs (64-54) vs Phillies (60-58)

BDawk's Favorite Team Plays Here

Starting Pitchers

Tuesday:

Quintana (10-7) vs Vargas (6-6)

Wednesday:

Hamels (6-3) vs Nola (10-3)

Sunday:

Darvish (4-6) vs Smyly (2-6)

To think we were one day from a Hamels vs Smyly. Could've come full circle. Anyway, should be cool to see Hamels get a standing O in Philly.

NL Central Standings

__ 64-54_____ 61-55____ 62-57_____56-61 ____ 49-69__

From 5/23 Phillies IGT:
    Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    I'm happy with a split against that team. Proud of the boys for coming back from the defecit they did.

If this were an NLDS series, which this could very well be a preview, we'd be going to a game 5.

LOL DOESN'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT BASEBALL CONFIRMED FOR FRAUD
    Last edited by La_bibbers; 08-13-2019 at 04:29 PM.

Alright, how bout a road series win.

Quote Originally Posted by Sofnr View Post
    Alright, how bout a road series win.
    I think we got this, road series win is coming. Id feel better about it if AA was out of the lineup tho. Id much rather have Bote in the lineup instead...I like maddon, but hes being stubbornly stupid w AA, bench the dude, lefty or not. And Theo just admit u made a bad draft pic and send AA back to the minors already, jeez

Phillies have been sliding as of late. Outside of Nola the rotation is suspect, and even Nola is down from last year. This is a great opportunity to get a road win against a team above .500

Been looking forward to this all day! Let's get a win!

Quote Originally Posted by Iceman85 View Post
    I think we got this, road series win is coming. Id feel better about it if AA was out of the lineup tho. Id much rather have Bote in the lineup instead...I like maddon, but hes being stubbornly stupid w AA, bench the dude, lefty or not. And Theo just admit u made a bad draft pic and send AA back to the minors already, jeez
    They were actually talking about this on radio today..

Mainly about if Maddon just follows the computer stats analysis for his lineup no matter what, even if the player he sitting has been hot and the guy be starting been struggling for a while .

They were wondering if he had a choice or if he had to follow what the computer analysis tells him to do for lineups

Q only gonna last 1 batter today with all the pitches to Harper [emoji1787][emoji23][emoji1787][emoji23]

At least he won the battle and Kd him

Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post

Mainly about if Maddon just follows the computer stats analysis for his lineup no matter what, even if the player he sitting has been hot and the guy be starting been struggling for a while .

They were wondering if he had a choice or if he had to follow what the computer analysis tells him to do for lineups
    I'd hope he'd trust large samples of play over small samples.

Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post

I know you're not the one who said it and are just relaying it, but when people say that (the originators of this line of thinking) it's just the most unfunny, nonsensical pile of crap. The "oh, the computer nerd lives in the basement of his mom's and doesn't even watch baseball!" comment to it's logical conclusion.

I am not always a fan of Joe's lineups. In fact, the times I'm not in favor of his lineups are the ones in which the numbers DO NOT support the choices. He's usually pretty good about it, and sometimes, people just need days off. I get it.

But I do not think for one second that he's some unflinching follower of the computer as so many paint him to be. I think sometimes he may be more successful if he played the numbers just a little more.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    I know you're not the one who said it and are just relaying it, but when people say that (the originators of this line of thinking) it's just the most unfunny, nonsensical pile of crap. The "oh, the computer nerd lives in the basement of his mom's and doesn't even watch baseball!" comment to it's logical conclusion.

I am not always a fan of Joe's lineups. In fact, the times I'm not in favor of his lineups are the ones in which the numbers DO NOT support the choices. He's usually pretty good about it, and sometimes, people just need days off. I get it.

But I do not think for one second that he's some unflinching follower of the computer as so many paint him to be. I think sometimes he may be more successful if he played the numbers just a little more.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    This is actually a better point.

A 28 pitch 1st from Q, 11 of those just to Bryce.

Hopefully its a lot less stressful from here on out.

2016 World Series Champions!!!

Javy showing our guys how to be patient and get a walk!

That is a balk

Why is Happ hitting 8th? He has been on fire this year!

Wait people are really painting Joe as a religious stats guy now? Wtf

Page 1 of 48 12311 ... LastLast