Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Steve King Loses House Committee Seats Over White Supremacy Remark

House Republican leaders removed Representative Steve King of Iowa from the Judiciary and Agriculture Committees on Monday night as the party officials scrambled to appear tough on racism and contain damage from comments Mr. King made to The New York Times questioning why white supremacy is considered offensive.

The punishment came on a day when Mr. King’s own party leadership moved against him, with the Senate majority leader, Mitch McConnell, suggesting Mr. King find “another line of work” and Senator Mitt Romney saying he should quit. In an attempt to be proactive, the House Republicans stripped him of his committee seats in the face of multiple Democratic resolutions to censure Mr. King that are being introduced this week.

Those measures will force Republicans to take a stand on whether to go along with the House Democratic majority’s attempt to publicly reprimand one of their own.

Speaking to reporters on Monday night after the congressional Republicans acted, Representative Kevin McCarthy of California, the party leader in the House, said he was not ruling out supporting a censure or reprimand resolution against Mr. King. He said the Republicans are not removing Mr. King from the G.O.P. House conference itself so he can still attend its party meetings.
    Source: NYTimes.com
    Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

That's good.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Good for them. Why is this a thread?
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

He should be removed from Congress all together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^agreeed.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    Good for them. Why is this a thread?
    A member of Congress was removed from all his committee assignments due to his espoused racist beliefs and you don’t know why this was posted? I know you know why this was posted.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Somewhere SBC is smiling.

Should be noted that the idea of a border wall along the southern border originally came from him.
    "The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality.”

-JFK

Quote Originally Posted by Walter_White View Post
    Should be noted that the idea of a border wall along the southern border originally came from him.
    Lol, not surprised. I been saying in the other debate the wall debate isn't even about the wall, it's about trumps mawa movement. This only solidifies that stance, lol
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Lol, not surprised. I been saying in the other debate the wall debate isn't even about the wall, it's about trumps mawa movement. This only solidifies that stance, lol
    the fence on the border already there contradicts this, as does the fact that Democrats themselves previously supported border fencing. people don't like these facts, but this is reality.
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Either care about all of it like a decent human being or shut the **** up and stop selective outrage based on whether it serves your political purposes.

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome
    the anti-Trump movement seems to be getting dumber

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    the fence on the border already there contradicts this, as does the fact that Democrats themselves previously supported border fencing. people don't like these facts, but this is reality.
    Odd that we suddenly have a national emergency, consindering the effectiveness of said fence. Fence gets longer, crisis turns into national emergency, but the solution is more fence. Feel free to clean that logic up.

It's funny it wasn't a national emergency when Dems offered 25 billion for DACA

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    It's funny it wasn't a national emergency when Dems offered 25 billion for DACA
    Yea he can get the same deal but only $1B. If he wants $2B, then he's got to expand even beyond what was included for DACA.
    Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    I don't think you get what I'm saying, cuz the stuff you brought up only backs up my stance more.
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by Walter_White View Post
    No it didn't.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast