Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Poll: 2020 LFer

Quote Originally Posted by rcal10 View Post
    I doubt he will get 5 years, but I think you are a little on the light side with the low end. I am thinking more like 3/$45 or 3/$50. Something like that. Basically about what the guys similar to him got last year. Hope you are right though and he only gets offers around $12.5 a year. Wouldn't mind 4/$50 at all.
    Who knows in this market anymore.

Mike Moustakas is arguably better both offensively and defensively, and he's on his second year without a decent long term contract offer.

Quote Originally Posted by davearm View Post
    Who knows in this market anymore.

Mike Moustakas is arguably better both offensively and defensively, and he's on his second year without a decent long term contract offer.
    Good point. Hell, Moose might be an option as well. At another lower salary he can play 3rd and Kris can become the full time right fielder.

Good point. Hell, Moose might be an option as well. At another lower salary he can play 3rd and Kris can become the full time right fielder.
    Moustakas would have made more in 2018 than 2018 + 2019 combined if he had just accepted the QO way back in November 2017. Nuts.

There's about no chance Castellanos gets more than a 3 year deal. If he got more than like 3/45 I'd be pretty surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by Tryptamine View Post
    There's about no chance Castellanos gets more than a 3 year deal. If he got more than like 3/45 I'd be pretty surprised.
    Why? He is 28. Why is there no chance he gets a 4 year deal? BTW, I hope you are right.

True. That is an option. But they can also just sign Roark instead of Hamels. That would probably save them $7M or more a year. Then they should be able to sign Castellanos and a middle pen arm and stay where they need to be. Really, how much are they saving in dealing Q then signing Roark?

Actually, if they did not sign Hamels due to money issues, I wouldn't be too upset with Wheeler for maybe $5M less a year than Hamels. Odorizzi, Miley and A. Wood would also be guys to consider, depending on cost.
    If this off season is anything like the last two, this is what I see the guys you listed getting.

Hamels 1/12
    Odorizzi 4/60
    Wood 4/48
    Miley 1/10
    Roark 2/24
    Wheeler 4/45

What do you think?
    Last edited by thawv; 08-17-2019 at 02:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by thawv View Post
    If this off season is anything like the last two, this is what I see the guys you listed getting.

Hamels 1/12
    Odorizzi 4/60
    Wood 4/48
    Miley 1/10
    Roark 2/24
    Wheeler 4/45

What do you think?
    No clue. With free agency in the state it is now it is hard to predict. But if these were the figures I would hope the Cubs got Wheeler. I also think he goes for more than Wood and probably Odorizzi.

No clue. With free agency in the state it is now it is hard to predict. But if these were the figures I would hope the Cubs got Wheeler. I also think he goes for more than Wood and probably Odorizzi.
    Yea.......I just looking for something to do. I do however think that these numbers are going to be in the ballpark.

Quote Originally Posted by thawv View Post

Hamels 1/12
    Odorizzi 4/60
    Wood 4/48
    Miley 1/10
    Roark 2/24
    Wheeler 4/45

What do you think?
    I would take the over on Hamels, and the under on all three of the 4-year ones.

I think Wheeler is more in line for the 4/60. I would be down for that. He would be a good replacement for Hamels.

Quote Originally Posted by davearm View Post
    I would take the over on Hamels, and the under on all three of the 4-year ones.
    If Wheeler gets 4 years, you think it will be less than $45M? Or are you saying he gets less than 4 years? I agree the other 2 are a bit high if they get 4 years. But Wheeler, IMO, will average closer to $13M.

If Wheeler gets 4 years, you think it will be less than $45M? Or are you saying he gets less than 4 years? I agree the other 2 are a bit high if they get 4 years. But Wheeler, IMO, will average closer to $13M.
    Under on both the years and the total value.

That said, his fangraphs is more impressive than I realized this year and last. FIPs and xFIPs under 4 both years.

Of course until I hear someone explain it to me in a way that makes sense why Hosmer got like $140M and Moustakas was left panhandling for crappy 1 year deals, I'll continue to be in the dark on this whole market.

I hope this is the last season Schwarber puts on a Cubs uni.

Quote Originally Posted by PeanutPunch33 View Post
    I hope this is the last season Schwarber puts on a Cubs uni.
    I hope he plays his entire career as a Cub.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast