Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by alabastertubby View Post
    by the looks of it Carlos Hyde will be cut Saturday. last year's Hyde was productive at times. this year he can't make it happen on a team known for finding RB's all over. if you're looking for a semi productive body that will not cost draft picks look no further.
    Im not a huge Hyde guy. I could see him ending up in Houston anyways. But if a guy like tj yeldon gets cut, I'd like him. He's solid and versatile.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    Im not a huge Hyde guy. I could see him ending up in Houston anyways. But if a guy like tj yeldon gets cut, I'd like him. He's solid and versatile.
    Zenner was let go from Detroit on the 27'th. to be honest Hyde does not thrill me either. i think the hunger to play has left him.

Doesn't sound like the packers are planning on making any moves before week 1. Gute had a presser where he commentated that they don't use ilb very often and end up playing with alot of DBs, so they're comfortable with their ilb group. Maybe that's just GM speak, but that's the group I'm most worried about.

I get we don't use ilb very much, but the fact we're 1 injury away from summers or Crawford playing 75%+ of the snaps is scary. I don't get why we can't get a vet like a Mason foster just in case Blake gets hurt. Even if we cut him when Burks is back, that's fine. Just seems like we're taking an unnecessary risk.

I don't know if it is completely official yet but, Packers are acquiring ILB BJ Goodson from the Giants and have released James Crawford.

Goodson sounds like an Antonio Morrison clone. not someone you want covering but someone who plays the run well.

Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    I don't know if it is completely official yet but, Packers are acquiring ILB BJ Goodson from the Giants and have released James Crawford.

Goodson sounds like an Antonio Morrison clone. not someone you want covering but someone who plays the run well.
    Great. So we still donít have a single coverage linebacker in the whole group.

Raven Greene will be in for most coverage situations. Goodson plays in run downs and we go 3 safeties on pass downs.

I understand the idea but I am not a fan of having 1 dimensional players. You just show your hand and become predictable imo.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigCheese12 View Post
    I understand the idea but I am not a fan of having 1 dimensional players. You just show your hand and become predictable imo.
    At this point in the offseason, you aren't finding a 2 way player. It would be awesome, but it's highly unlikely.

And you're not really showing your hand. Defensive alignments depend on down and distance and offensive groupings. If the other team has a FB, or 2 TEs in the game, or if it's a running down (eg 3rd and 2 or something like that), then it will be the Goodson package. If it's 3+ wr sets or obvious passing downs, it's the Greene package, but that doesn't mean the defensive calls have to change.

Reports out of Miami is that multiple guys requested trades out of Miami after they got destroyed. From the sounds of it, tunsil and Landry were both fairly well liked in the locker room so that tank-esque trade was not well received. And now they get trounced, which also didn't go over well.

There roster stinks, and assuming they aren't dealing a guy like minkah, who they just drafted, im not sure there's a ton of guys to like there. Howard is awesome but won't come cheap. Maybe something like Josh Jackson and a 2nd would work. CB isn't a huge need, but slotting Howard in at the 1 would make that group really, really good.

Biggest concern I have right now is the oline. Specifically guard. Bulaga ainít got much left but heís fine for now.

Quote Originally Posted by bigfishguy85 View Post
    Biggest concern I have right now is the oline. Specifically guard. Bulaga ainít got much left but heís fine for now.
    I'm really not concerned about guard. If Taylor is bad Jenkins can step in. Turner was pretty good in camp/preseason. I think the Bears just have a really good front which is a tough go in week 1.

Quote Originally Posted by bigfishguy85 View Post
    When healthy, Bulaga is much more than fine. Dudes elite. There was a ton of praise for him on Twitter from former OL who now comment a bunch on Twitter about how good he was vs Chicago. He was our best OL by far. I get he has a tendency to get banged up, but I'll take 70% of Bulaga and 30% of turner at tackle over most of the types of guys who get to free agency.

Quote Originally Posted by ugottabjoshinme View Post
    I'm really not concerned about guard. If Taylor is bad Jenkins can step in. Turner was pretty good in camp/preseason. I think the Bears just have a really good front which is a tough go in week 1.
    Agree on the Chicago front. That DL is really good. I will say, my one concern at guard but this applies to the full OL is that we dont really have a mauler. Everyone is a better pass blocker than run blocker in my mind. And lafluer wants to run the ball and build the pass game off of the run game. McCarthy was the opposite. So I get why our line has been more pass blocking focused in the past. It's hard to pivot quickly. So that's my biggest concern with the OL.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    When healthy, Bulaga is much more than fine. Dudes elite. There was a ton of praise for him on Twitter from former OL who now comment a bunch on Twitter about how good he was vs Chicago. He was our best OL by far. I get he has a tendency to get banged up, but I'll take 70% of Bulaga and 30% of turner at tackle over most of the types of guys who get to free agency.
    Thats what i mean by fine for now. Hes really good when healthy, i just dont know how much longer hes gonna be able to do it. Hes gotta be getting into his last couple years.

He's only 30. That's really not that old for tackles. Guys like Jason Peters and Andrew Whitworth have played at a high level well into their mid 30s. And Peters had a full season injury at age 30 that he came back from. He's been banged up again lately, but he played all 16 games in 4 of 6 seasons after he came back.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast