Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigCheese12 View Post
    I hope we keep Boyle
    The Packers’ backup quarterback still is TBD, according to coach Matt LaFleur.

General Manager Brian Gutekunst indicated last week that Aaron Rodgers‘ backup probably is someone on the roster already. That means DeShone Kizer or Tim Boyle.

Boyle is 31-of-51 for 338 yards with five touchdowns and no interceptions this preseason, while Kizer has completed 17 of 30 passes for 196 yards with a touchdown and an interception.

to this fan it does not seem like it is that close. the job has been won already by Boyle. don't compound the mistake and cut the wrong guy. this team can ill afford another Taysom Hill misevaluation.

Quote Originally Posted by alabastertubby View Post
    The Packers’ backup quarterback still is TBD, according to coach Matt LaFleur.

General Manager Brian Gutekunst indicated last week that Aaron Rodgers‘ backup probably is someone on the roster already. That means DeShone Kizer or Tim Boyle.

Boyle is 31-of-51 for 338 yards with five touchdowns and no interceptions this preseason, while Kizer has completed 17 of 30 passes for 196 yards with a touchdown and an interception.

to this fan it does not seem like it is that close. the job has been won already by Boyle. don't compound the mistake and cut the wrong guy. this team can ill afford another Taysom Hill misevaluation.
    The Kizer trade is looking really dumb right now but I hope they don’t just stick with him because they made that trade. Boyle has obviously looked way better.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigCheese12 View Post
    The Kizer trade is looking really dumb right now but I hope they don’t just stick with him because they made that trade. Boyle has obviously looked way better.
    Crazy we had to actully give something up to get this guy. And the browns got a starting safety out of the deal. Shows how inept the former regime really was with that whole mess.

Quote Originally Posted by bigfishguy85 View Post
    Crazy we had to actully give something up to get this guy. And the browns got a starting safety out of the deal. Shows how inept the former regime really was with that whole mess.
    Star Wars "Your powers are week old man." there is nothing to be done about keeping a head coach and GM two years longer than they should have been but the adage of no man is more important than the team did get forgot with those two at the end.

You guys do realize gutekunst made that trade right?

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    i was excited after Gute's first draft. his first pick this year and his inability to trade guys he does not want makes me question his ability to manage this team. i don't have warm fuzzies. i think Aarons last years are doomed. that does not get Ted a pass. he drafted Jones because he failed when he drafted a corner to play safety and a safety to play corner and neither panned out in that 2015 draft. Ted had a fascination with DB's. he let the wrong ones go and kept drafting meh ones. perhaps it was the scheme but that asks the question why was Green Day satisfied with a D secondary unit near the bottom of the rankings for years on end?

I wonder what Gutey would have done with Randall had MM been not been retained at all. Since they kept MM, they pretty much had to move on from Randall.

Either way I'm fine with the move (even though Kizer sucks) because the safety group looks pretty good right now and it seemed like Randall was a bit of a locker room problem.

The offensive skill position battles are really interesting.

Right now I think Davis is going to make the roster, but they really like Shepherd and Lazard. EQ is pretty easy to IR right now, but there are 7 guys with Davis, Shepherd, and Lazard.
    I think they have to keep 3 TE (not Lewis) and I think they have to keep 3 RB due to injury concerns. And that doesn't include Vitale who is going to be on the roster.
    So they definitely can't keep 3 QBs, and I still think Boyle is the odd man out due to Kizer's potential and age.

I think my point was more on drafting a corner to play safety. And then all we could manage to get for him is a backup qb who probably doesnt even deserve to be on the roster. I was firmly against that pick when it happened and got ridiculed for it. Then, the guy is actually capable at safety. Bad draft pick and improperly utilized. Inept all the way around.

Quote Originally Posted by alabastertubby View Post
    i was excited after Gute's first draft. his first pick this year and his inability to trade guys he does not want makes me question his ability to manage this team. i don't have warm fuzzies. i think Aarons last years are doomed. that does not get Ted a pass. he drafted Jones because he failed when he drafted a corner to play safety and a safety to play corner and neither panned out in that 2015 draft. Ted had a fascination with DB's. he let the wrong ones go and kept drafting meh ones. perhaps it was the scheme but that asks the question why was Green Day satisfied with a D secondary unit near the bottom of the rankings for years on end?

Im more concerned with Murphy picking a coach because, in his words “he was the only guy that was really excited.” WTF. Really?

It may all work out, i dunno. But that was the dumbest thing ive ever heard a sports executive say.

Quote Originally Posted by ugottabjoshinme View Post
    I wonder what Gutey would have done with Randall had MM been not been retained at all. Since they kept MM, they pretty much had to move on from Randall.

Either way I'm fine with the move (even though Kizer sucks) because the safety group looks pretty good right now and it seemed like Randall was a bit of a locker room problem.
    It wasn't really an MM problem if I remember correctly. MM actually kept Randall after a group of vets came to him and asked for Randall to be released after he left the field against the bears that night.

So I don't thibk the coach mattered, it was alot of the players that were fed up with him too from what rhe stories were saying.

Right now I think Davis is going to make the roster, but they really like Shepherd and Lazard. EQ is pretty easy to IR right now, but there are 7 guys with Davis, Shepherd, and Lazard.
    I think they have to keep 3 TE (not Lewis) and I think they have to keep 3 RB due to injury concerns. And that doesn't include Vitale who is going to be on the roster.
    So they definitely can't keep 3 QBs, and I still think Boyle is the odd man out due to Kizer's potential and age.
    There was a rumor that we were working the phones trying to acquire a RB still. My guess is it would be more of a Ryan Grant style trade than a Duke Johnson type trade, but we must not be overly impressed with carson or Dexter.

I used to think the same as you. But Boyle was given a chance to show what he could do with the 2nds and did it. He's streaky for sure, but when he's on, he's better than anything Kizer has shown. I dont know how he doesn't win the qb2 job. The question is then do we keep 2 or 3.

There was a rumor that we were working the phones trying to acquire a RB still. My guess is it would be more of a Ryan Grant style trade than a Duke Johnson type trade, but we must not be overly impressed with carson or Dexter.
    by the looks of it Carlos Hyde will be cut Saturday. last year's Hyde was productive at times. this year he can't make it happen on a team known for finding RB's all over. if you're looking for a semi productive body that will not cost draft picks look no further.

I think Davis offers something this offense doesn't really have either and thats a threat to take it to the house every time he touches it. MVS has crazy speed and he's a big play threat, but he's not a guy you throw a screen too and he has a chance to really bust one off. Same sort of applies to the rest of the WRs. I like our group and adams is one of the best in the league, but none are really scary with the ball in their hands. Davis kind of is. I don't think he's like out new wr 3 or anything, but I think he's the type of guy you can add in to a few packages and get creative with.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast