Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    We need to think about drafting a qb this year. Preferably one with some balls

Quote Originally Posted by petrey10 View Post
    Yeah cause Danica is hurting for money. Pls weak argument
    Rodgers isn't married to danica. Even if he was, Rodgers and Danica's combined estimated net worth is $130 mill and Brady and Giseles net worth is estimated at $580 million. So sure, weak argument when one side isn't even married and the other side still quadruples their net worth anyway.

With how loaded the next few qb classes are looking I think we gotta draft one.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigCheese12 View Post
    i have heard that next years draft class of QB's is special. sometimes motivation comes from looking behind you. the time is here for GB to draft the next QB of this team.

The question is how high of a pick do we use? If for no other reason than our backup being a nobody, it makes sense to draft one. But with the lack of skill position talent and needing upgrades on the OL, plus still maybe needing a piece or two on defense, how gh of a pick do you use? Especially considering weíre 3-0, maybe we win the division and make the playoffs at least. At that point, how high of a priority could qb possibly be?

Quote Originally Posted by bigfishguy85 View Post
    The question is how high of a pick do we use? ... how high of a priority could qb possibly be?
    two possible answers. you get someone slipping via a Rodgers situation or another team misidentifies talent, think Trubisky and Chicago and drafts the wrong QB. the better QB slips think Mahomes. something going for GB is Gute believes in who he believes in and he is willing to go up and get him.

We took Rodgers in the first round when we had Favre. If thereís a guy you really like you take one no matter what round. Thereís always fa to fill holes as well. We donít have to fix all of our issues in the draft. Rodgers isnít bigger than the team so we need to look towards the future as well as the present

id 100 percent would draft a QB in the first 3 rounds tbh... let him sit behind rodgers for a few seasons. Better safe than sorry and if rodgers takes offense oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    id 100 percent would draft a QB in the first 3 rounds tbh... let him sit behind rodgers for a few seasons. Better safe than sorry and if rodgers takes offense oh well.
    I agree.

I agree.
    I hated how favre reacted as well tbh.. i mean i def understand his view point but you are being paid top dollar to be great but as an organization you need to prepare for when said person isnt here.... favre acted like a dick to rodgers but green bay did the smart thing and i think we really need to stick with that going forward... if it hurts rodgers feelings you tell him to man up period... i wish we would put more talent around our QBs like other teams do and have done and i hate how we go about trades/free agency but what they did with favre and drafting rodgers took balls and we need to keep that mind set going forward.... its the greenbay packers not the brett favres or the rodgers.... do what ya need to do... I still think rodgers have 2 or 3 years left at top 5-7 QB play but he is 35... draft a guy and mold him... **** what anyone else thinks.

Quote Originally Posted by petrey10 View Post
    While i agree the window isnít closed .... i do agree with him that Rodgers wonít be taking less money to win.

What amazes me about Tom Brady is his will to win leadership and how he continues to take less money to allow bellichek to add play makers around him.

I wish Rodgers would do it. But he wonít
    Thats always been one of the most overstated reasons for Brady vs Rodgers. Here are the cap hits for both of them since 2013.

Brady: 13.8, 14.8, 14, 13.7, 14, 22, 27

Rodgers: 11.6, 17.5, 18.2, 19.2, 20.3, 20.9, 26.5

So the pats having around a few more mil in space for a few years is not really a major reason at all. Cant do much with that, definitely not enough to put a team over the top and its definitely not the reason why the packers havenít been able to build a stronger defense or w/e else they need.

Rodgers needs to be better but i think some of you are freaking out a little too much. Heís still making some really nice throws, some of which are reminiscent of the best throws heís ever made. Its just when he makes a bad play, its like alarmingly bad. Theres no denying that theres been a few mind boggling decisions on his part. Then its an objective fact that at times WR execution has been subpar. A few bad drops by MVS and GMO, as well as a few poorly mis timed routes on RPOS/quick hitters. We aren't consistently connecting short which is wildly frustrating.

All im saying is i know im gonna wait a little bit longer to start actually being worried about this. The positives need to be highlighted too. We are connecting well down field at times, Rodgers is still making some nice throws on the run, we havenít turned the ball over and weíve actually executed at some crucial times.

Its been 3 weeks. yíall need to breathe. And please save the ďwe need to draft a QBĒ talk.Ē There will obviously be the right time for that to happen, but trying to stack this roster the best they can around Rodgers makes the most sense for 2020.

Itís not just week three. Itís been the last few seasons. Heís not the same guy. Can we continue to win with him? Of course. But I donít think itís to far fetched tho think about drafting a qb in the near future. Rodgers isnít bigger than the team and heís not the same Rodgers we are used to. This franchise wasted his prime years by allowing Ted to be the gm linger than he should have and keeping capers around when it was obvious we needed a change.

But do sdh point, drafting a true replacement probably costs an early-ish pick, let's say a 2nd or 3rd. Those guys can go a long way towards helping the team win now though, as opposed to a qb who sits on the bench for 3 years.

I mean, look at the last 3 years or so. Our 2nd rounder from this year is already starting at LG. Our 3rd rounder for this year is likely the #1 or #2 TE next year. Our 2nd from the year before started some as a rookie and is likely slated to at least compete for the slot corner job next year. Our 3rd from that year is supposed to be our #2 ilb if healthy. The year before that was 2 2nds, one who starts at corner and the other who is now cut. But even then, the guys taken around Jones were guys like juju, Kamara and kupp. And our 3rd rounder from that year is a quasi starter at DL in adams.

So I'm fine if we throw a 5/6th round type dart at a qb, but that's a really low hit rate. And I get the desire to draft the qb of the future if one falls, but I also think there's alot of opportunities to get guys that can help right away. And it's kind of hard to pass on that opportunity.

I get the trepidation on Rodgers, but im not ready to throw in the towel on him. I feel like theres a chance he could still turn things around. The offense was broken in 2015 and he was terrible. Started 2016 off but then went on a tear that got us to the NFCCG despite the rest of the team being garbage. Started 2017 well and got hurt. Last year was a mess.

Im trying to be positive and hope he plays himself out of this funk. He may not be 2014 Rodgers ever again, but 2016 Rodgers was almost as good and maybe he can get there again.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast