Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

2019 Roster Discussion

I figured things are pretty dead around here, let's talk potential roster. Who yoh guys got as locks, who has a good chance and who's on the bubble? Anyone have any surprise cuts?

Here's my early assessments for offense, subject to change:

QB: Rodgers is a lock. Kizer most likely makes it and Boyle has a good chance. Wilkins has PS potential and is more likely for the PS if one of the other two is cut.

RB- Jones, Williams and Vitale are safe. Dexter has a good chance of making it, due to draft capital, but carson is right behind him. Probably PS for Carson.

WR- Adams GMo and MVS are locks. Kumerow and EQ are almost locks. Then there's 1 spot for a returner, which is probably Davis or Shepard. Moore could be out, but can work back to the bubble with an injury or trade. I wouldnt be shocked if we entertain trade offers for EQ and that's the only reason he isn't a lock.

TE- sternberger is a lock. Graham and Tonyan are basically a locks. Lewis is a wild card for me. Reports are that tonyan has improved as a blocker. If that's the case, Lewis could be pushed out.

OL- Bak, BB, Linsley, turner and Jenkins are locks. Light seems like a virtual lock as the backup tackle (plus turner can swing). Taylor probably makes it, but I see a scenario where he's cut if he loses the starting gig. Madison, McCray and Patrick are the bubble guys.
    Last edited by crewfan13; 08-12-2019 at 03:12 PM.

On defense:

DL: Lowry, Clark, adams and Keke are locks. Lancaster has a good chance and that's probably about it.

OLB: gary, fackerall and Smith x 2 are locks. Seeing as z and Gary may play some DL, I'd think Gilbert has a good chance too. No one else really popped, but this could be a spot for a late roster add instead of Gilbert.

ILB: Burks and Martinez are locks. Summers is a virtual lock. Bolton grade out super well so he has a shot as well. Crawford is always a threat too as he's a good special teamer.

CB: Alexander, tramon, king Jackson and brown are locks to me. Hollman has a good shot. Outside of that, barring an IR type injury, I don't think anyone else has much of a shot.

S: Amos, savage and green are locks. I think Jones makes it unless he's traded. I also think Campbell is the 4th safety if hes healthy enough. I think that's probably it for safeties as well.

ST: Scott and Bradley are locks and Crosby is the most likely kicker. Ficjen has a chance but I think it requires a meltdown from Crosby.

This is how I could see it breaking down

QB: Rodgers, Kizer, Boyle
    RB: Jones, Williams, Williams
    FB: Vitale
    WR: Adams, MVS, Kumerow, Allison, St. Brown, Shepherd
    TE: Graham, Tonyan, Sternberger
    OT: Bakhtiari, Bulaga, Light, Nijman
    OG: Jenkins, Turner, Madison, Taylor
    OC: Linsley

DT: Clark, Adams, Lowry, Lancaster, Keke
    OLB: Smith, Smith, Gary, Fackerall, Ramsey
    ILB: Martinez, Summers, Bolton, Crawford
    CB: Alexander, Williams, Brown, Jackson, King, Hollman, Ento
    S: Amos, Savage, Greene, Campbell
    K: Crosby
    P: Scott
    LS: Bradley

Burks is probably going to be IR'd, its rumored he tore his pec and that is usually season ending.

WR is really tough to call right now but, J'monn hasn't really been that good, I could see them cutting him and trying to bring him back on the PS.

Lewis could be kept but, its hard to figure out who gets the boot to open a spot.

There is so much versatility on the offensive line that the only hard part was picking the back up Tackles.

I think CB is pretty set plus or minus a couple of backups, I went with Ento even though he is more of a project because he has showed a little more in the first couple weeks of camp.

the Safeties was a pretty easy call with the exception of Josh Jones. with him hurt right now its hard to know if he has taken that next step or not and with the drama from the offseason it would be easy to cut ties

For kicker I almost went with Ficken just because it really looks like they are trying to replace Crosby. rumor has it the Packers tried to trade for the Ravens kicker so either they think Mason is done or he will be a cap casualty

i don't see 3 QB's making the roster. i do like Boyle better because he looks comfortable out there and my god the touch when he throws.

Iím surprised at the thought of trying to trade ESB. Seems promising, hope he turns into something.

Iíll bet Campbell starts the season on the PUP list

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bigfishguy85 View Post
    Iím surprised at the thought of trying to trade ESB. Seems promising, hope he turns into something.
    He showed promise last year, and that's why I think you can probably get value for him. But right now, if would appear he is 5th on the depth chart. The guys he's behind are still relatively young and could be around for awhile. Realistically, our 6th wr is probably a returner. So that means hell be active. There's a legit chance when everyone is healthy that EQ is a healthy scratch.

So it's not as much as I'm down on EQ. Its more that he's buried on the depth chart but has value. If we can get something okay for him, then great. I also don't know that there's a huge drop between eq and Sheppard or lazard as a developmental guy either.

Sheperd has looked really good. I was very bullish on Davis making this team because he was the best returner. While I still think Davis may be a better returner than sheperd, sheperd looked comfortable enough as a returner that his added value at wr had to give him a leg up currently.

That wr room is pretty nuts right now. Sounds like davis has actually been really good this camp. And while shep can return punts and kicks as well, davis is actually a really good gunner. And we don't really have much there.

Lazard has impressed. Kumerow looks locked into the 4 spot. Eq had a solid rookie campaign and has apparently had a good camp despite the writers not mentioning him much. Feels like we have 8 rosterable guys and I don't thibk we keep more than 6.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    That wr room is pretty nuts right now. Sounds like davis has actually been really good this camp. And while shep can return punts and kicks as well, davis is actually a really good gunner. And we don't really have much there.

Lazard has impressed. Kumerow looks locked into the 4 spot. Eq had a solid rookie campaign and has apparently had a good camp despite the writers not mentioning him much. Feels like we have 8 rosterable guys and I don't thibk we keep more than 6.
    The problem with Davis is, he always starts looking good in offseason work outs and TC but, then he gets hurt and disappears. I think that is why they brought in so many guys that have returner experience.

Right now I see it as the guys who will make it
    Adams
    MVS
    Allison
    EQ
    Kumerow
    Lazard
    Shepherd

I think with the struggles J'mon has had he will be a cut and maybe a PS candidate. Davis can't stay healthy and I think the others have kind of surpassed him.

Davis pretty much locked up his spot tonight I think. My guess is EQ will be IR now. But Davis looked really good tonight.

I hope we keep Boyle

I wonder if we bring antonio Morrison back. Bolton was on crutches with a knee brace last night, so have to imagine he's unlikely for week 1. Morrison knows the system and was solid in run downs. We love playing multiple safeties, so I wonder if we have Morrison in on run downs and have Greene playing ilb on the pass downs, at least until burks is ready.

Mason foster is still around. There's rumors a guy like Zach brown could get cut. So there's opportunity to grab some depth at ilb, but with a relatively short turn around to the opener, I wonder if Morrison is the guy due to his familiarity with the system.
    Last edited by crewfan13; 08-23-2019 at 09:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    I wonder if we bring antonio Morrison back. Bolton was on crutches with a knee brace last night, so have to imagine he's unlikely for week 1. Morrison knows the system and was solid in run downs. We love playing multiple safeties, so I wonder if we have Morrison in on run downs and have Greene playing ilb on the pass downs, at least until burks is ready.

Mason foster is still around. There's rumors a guy like Zach brown could get cut. So there's opportunity to grab some depth at ilb, but with a relatively short turn around to the opener, I wonder if Morrison is the guy due to his familiarity with the system.
    Morrison did have that incident at an airport just before getting cut. That's the only thing I can think of, otherwise you would have thought once Burks went down he would have been brought back immediately

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast