Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Also saw a report that we checked in on Parker too. He's intersting. Pretty talented but rarely healthy and just weird production.

I don't have them checking on drake though. I think he's pretty decent actually. We want to run the ball and getting decent talent for possibly cheap isn't a bad thing. Lazard doesn't really need a spot on the roster, so it's not like we can't find room. And I'd be nervous if we actually had to use Dexter this year.

I donít understand that. As of right now I donít think we need it. We need another receiver who can get open and I would even take some ILB depth too.

Not sure exactly who you're refetencing, but Parker is a wr and he's actually shown flashes of being pretty good. Not sure hes a clear upgrade, but he definitely has more upside than alot of the guys we have.

And drake is similar to me if that's who you're saying. He's an upgrade over Dexter in my mind and is as good as, if not better than Williams to me. Williams has more power but drake is a better overall runner and just as good at catching the ball. And sure, RB isn't our biggest need but that's not a reason to not look to upgrade if the price is right.

I wouldn't mind a Parker trade. Hes definitely shown some nice things and is not a treadwell/doctson/perriman case. Some of his struggles are on him but i also don't its wrong to say he's been in a pretty unfavorable situation. Thats an easy take when defending any WR but that doesn't mean its a wrong one. Look what a new system and QB did for Robert Woods, maybe Parker can experience something similar.

He's on a 2 year deal , 4.4 now and 5 in 2020. Could get him in the building for the remainder of this season, then have a whole offseason to work him in. All for pretty cheap.

Hes an upgrade to Allison and Kumerow for sure, so why not do it

Packers brought TE Evan Baylis to fill the open spot on the 53 man roster and signed WR Keon Hatcher to the PS.

it's assumed they brought up Baylis because of Jimmy Graham's injury. The good thing about Baylis is he can block.

It sucks when the same teams that normally make big moves in the chiefs/eagles/pats etc are the same teams in on trading a first for the best corner in the game... I know its not a need but man **** a first round pick... go get him

Problem is I'm not sure just a first gets it done. The alleged offers so far are a first and a 5th from an nfc team and a first and a player from an afc team. That obviously hasn't gotten it done. I be shocked if he goes for less than a first and a third, unless a team picking at the top of the draft offers a first.

Plus he wants to get paid. So unless you're willing to make him the highest paid db in the league, it's probably a 2 year rental, which is tough to move a first and more for unless you think you're window is closing.

I feel like we worry way to much about 3 years from now and that ****s us esp when we have a 35 year old QB... we can win now... go out and give up a first and a 3rd...... this is the best CB in the game... even if we dont resign him we get a 3rd and what 2 years of football? I feel like this is our biggest problem compared to others in the cowboys/chiefs/eagles/pats and hell even bears... we over value the **** out of our picks and fail miserably on said first round picks. There is proven talent out there over a question mark... go do it

But it's not even the draft picks that are as big of deal. Sure, the picks will likely not be as good as ramsey. But it's the picks and the cap space.

I agree with what you're saying when it's a position of need. But corner isn't a huge need for us. So the upgrade may not be as big, then yoh add in the cost ans future money, and you don't have the cash to upgrade elsewhere.

And that's where it makes sense foe a team like Kansas city. They legit need a CB. Same with the minkah trade for pitt. They legit would use their pick on a xb.
    Last edited by crewfan13; Yesterday at 12:40 PM.

Rodgers is 35 but i still feel like we have a 3 or 4 year window him. Weíve all had our issues with the FO in the past but this offseason really showed that theyíre at least on the right track to try and make one maybe two more realistic title runs. They didnít sit on their hands like in years past, not even a little bit, so we cant really be too upset that they arenít throwing around 1st rounders this early in the season, after an offseason like that.

Yes every season with 12 from now on has to be treated as the most important year by the FO, they for sure cant be too paranoid about 2-3 years down the road, but again i think they did right by 2019 and did a lot of things to try and contend this season. Its only week 3, but I kinda view us as the 2017 Saints in how in one offseason so many things changed and they broke out. Then come 2020 maybe Gute can move a 2021 1st for someone, or trade up in the draft etc, similar to what the Saints did (with us) in 2018.

Getting Minkah or Ramsey would've been sick but we are looking really nice at that position and not so nice at WR, and if Bulaga is gone then we need a T in round 1 or 2. I ultimately think thats why they passed on these guys. A 36 year old Rodgers next year definitely needs an influx of high round offensive talent, i would love to see them add a T and WR early. If Bulaga is kept then we are in prime position to take a WR in the 1st round, its looking to be a really good class at the top. Possibly even another RB at some point cause Jones and a round 1-3 guy could be deadly. I believe this is where Gutes mind is

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345