Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Iím not all for trading good draft picks away but I do think we need to make a couple moves if we want to be a legit sb contender this year. Itís a tough situation to be in. I do think we have the potential to be one of the top two seeds so it might be worth it to take some risks

Rumor has it some team is talking to Atlanta about trying to get both Mo Sanu and Austin Hooper. Alot of folks are speculating its the patriots, but that type of deal makes sense for us too. Hooper is in the last year of his rookie deal, but I don't know why they'd be looking to move him. He seems like the type they would look to extend.

Sanu should be getable though I would think. He's 30 with a year on his contract left. He'd cost is about $4.5 in cap this year and $6.5 next year, although he could be released and cost nothing if we wanted to. I've always like sanu and getting him for an extra season would make sense. I'm assuming we'd draft a rookie wr pretty high next year, but it would be nice to not have to rely on a rookie being our #2 right out of the gate.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    Rumor has it some team is talking to Atlanta about trying to get both Mo Sanu and Austin Hooper. Alot of folks are speculating its the patriots, but that type of deal makes sense for us too. Hooper is in the last year of his rookie deal, but I don't know why they'd be looking to move him. He seems like the type they would look to extend.
    of those two i would like to see Hooper. Sanu benefits from single team coverage and he is serviceable. he would be the cheaper of the two but it's a possible year deal. meh. Hooper would be more expensive, there is the cost of a new deal too but he has far more upside than Sanu. a 2 TE set is intriguing. what is his trade value? the Falcons are going to have a lot of new coaches next year, they might want a new slate.

I mean, that's the whole conversation. Hooper will cost a decent amount. We also have to at least partially assume we like sternberger. I'm not against hooper but he won't be cheap. Sanu should be fairly cheap.

Sanu isn't some world beater. He's not a number 1. But he's more reliable than anything we have and can be solid. I'd love to get some massive upgrade at #2. But realistically that's no easy to do. If we can get a reliable vet, that's a win.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789