Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 25 of 25
  1. #16
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    45,633
    Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    I'm starting to doubt them getting to 30 wins since they have a brutal stretch early on. In recent years, that stretch happened in late December and throughout January.

    This year it's late-November - mid-December. They could be completely out of it by the end of December, instead of having the false hot start, and could completely switch gears by mid-January because of it.

    30 wins is definitely a realistic ceiling, but a lot of that can be dependent on the early schedule and picking up some easier wins early on.
    the odd's makers may have it pretty close at 27 but this all depends on the direction we take with the trade deadline.

    My opinion is key date is Dec 11th, just before the knicks are able to trade players on Dec 15th they meet GS, I was waiting for the schedule of that game and it's just day prior to so FO's will be talking, just has been my opinion.
    Knicks have players that will be perfect for GS's run and playoffs, they just fit in there.

    No this can all change if players step up and especially DSJ if he emerges Knicks will not look to move him unless it's for a stud that wants to leave his team

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    435
    I can't even put into words how excited I am to get nea courtside tickets for 11/14 vs the Mavs at the Garden. There is going to be so much bad blood, fights, name calling, and then...there's the basketball game itself.

    Doncic dishing to KP and Hardaway Jr from the perimeter vs Perry's Detroit lunch pail Piston-eque Knicks.

    Going to be very, VERY interesting.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    45,633
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    I can't even put into words how excited I am to get nea courtside tickets for 11/14 vs the Mavs at the Garden. There is going to be so much bad blood, fights, name calling, and then...there's the basketball game itself.

    Doncic dishing to KP and Hardaway Jr from the perimeter vs Perry's Detroit lunch pail Piston-eque Knicks.

    Going to be very, VERY interesting.

    We will look for you in your Dallas jersey....

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    9,469
    Im looking forward to KP trying to guard Randle.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    14,707
    Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    Im looking forward to KP trying to guard Randle.
    KP was always a good defender, but even good defenders have players they don't match up well against.

    I am not sure Randle will have same success against an older stronger KP but will be fun to watch.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    9,469
    Quote Originally Posted by KnicksFan4Years View Post
    KP was always a good defender, but even good defenders have players they don't match up well against.

    I am not sure Randle will have same success against an older stronger KP but will be fun to watch.
    KP has never been a good low post defender or perimeter defender. He blocked shots off help D but he was not successful on the block. Randle can't be guarded by most, let alone a string bean.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    435
    Most big men today with freakish frames aren't very good in the post.

    Think Giannis could guard Karl Malone, Charles Barkley despite having a height advantage?

    They'd break him in half. Plus, what is considered a foul has forever changed the game. There's a reason why Mitchell Robinson has 4 fouls before there's a commercial break. Now, similar to Mitchy, KP piled up a lot of blocks in that sense, he was better swatting and protecting the basket than he was given credit.

    As far as perimeter defender, gotta remember Fisher, Rambis and Hornacek were his coaches. Being a good perimeter defender also means having guys who will rotate...and KP was often the victim of committing and either coming late or rotation coming late.

    Rick Carlisle will make Porzingis a better defender and player overall. The Knicks (as usual) are terrible developing players (this is why most draft picks last 2 maybe 3 seasons) and gave him no support with the horrific coaching staff before Fizdale came on board...even then, I dunno if Fizdale is the right guy.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    435
    Actually, it wouldn't surprise me if the Knicks have an above .500 record during the first 2 months of the season. Remember when the Knicks traded Melo to OKC and started off strong only to fade down the stretch? That's exactly how I read this season. You're going to see these FAs empty the gas tank, thinking I only have 2 seasons to earn that huge pay raise...at the same time, the good teams are trying to work out the kinks in their respective systems.

    The problem facing the Knicks is the fact, the Atlantic may be the deepest and toughest division in the East. Before it was 1-2 teams at a time. Now, every team in the Atlantic seems to have upgraded. That's why, chances are the Knicks will fade in the second half but do well enough to finish 9th best chance at #1 pick.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    20,700
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    Actually, it wouldn't surprise me if the Knicks have an above .500 record during the first 2 months of the season. Remember when the Knicks traded Melo to OKC and started off strong only to fade down the stretch? That's exactly how I read this season. You're going to see these FAs empty the gas tank, thinking I only have 2 seasons to earn that huge pay raise...at the same time, the good teams are trying to work out the kinks in their respective systems.

    The problem facing the Knicks is the fact, the Atlantic may be the deepest and toughest division in the East. Before it was 1-2 teams at a time. Now, every team in the Atlantic seems to have upgraded. That's why, chances are the Knicks will fade in the second half but do well enough to finish 9th best chance at #1 pick.
    Difference is that team had KP playing like a top 10 player offense and defense whose going to do that here?

    Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk

  10. #25
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    45,633
    Quote Originally Posted by cheetos185 View Post
    Difference is that team had KP playing like a top 10 player offense and defense whose going to do that here?

    Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk
    you have no hope at all for any of the Six Fa's and young talent huh? 7th FA won't play till at least January.

    Please respond because there are a lot of posts I hope we can all come back too lol.....

    I'm looking forward to the season, I see some fun games to watch in our future.

    But yes Last year KP went off but Jack was playing well, Kanter started off like a ball of fire, Dougie started off hitting three's and playing some damn good defense, (surprisingly). Timmy got hot and Q off the bench was doing well. Also Lee who was playing with Timmy was doing quite well, our wings early on were having very good seasons.

    What happened was KP got tired, we moved Jack to the bench, Timmy got hurt and never really got it back, Lee wasn't the same as the beginning, Kanter dropped off.........and with KP we won only 6 games till he got hurt then won just 6 more basically tanking.

    But yea I'm excited about our young guys and FA's,

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •