Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Kingman was a career .236 batting, .302 OBA

Sanchez is the same and will probably be worse!

A ton of 3 run homer, a ton of strikeouts and NOTHING else!

And the analytics morons can argue all they want about strikeouts...

Strikeouts are the worst out ever!
    No, double plays and triple plays are worse.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

40 games over .500

I want 50!
    My Top20 Beatles Songs
    [B] 1. A Day in The Life 2. I am the Walrus 3. Eleanor Rigby 4. Something 5. You Never Give Me Your Money 6. Shes So Heavy 7. If I Fell 8. We can Work It Out 9. Golden Slumbers 10. Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds 11. My Guitar Gently Weeps 12.Strawberry Fields Forever. 13 Hey Jude 14. Get Back 15 Yesterday 16. Let It Be 17. Hello, Goodbye 18. Magical Mystery Tour 19. Revolution 20. The Long and Windong Road ][/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    No, double plays and triple plays are worse.

Ill give you triple plays as a tie

But you can still score a run on a double play....

Strikeouts produce nothing!

Unless you get the 4 out inning.
    My Top20 Beatles Songs
    [B] 1. A Day in The Life 2. I am the Walrus 3. Eleanor Rigby 4. Something 5. You Never Give Me Your Money 6. Shes So Heavy 7. If I Fell 8. We can Work It Out 9. Golden Slumbers 10. Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds 11. My Guitar Gently Weeps 12.Strawberry Fields Forever. 13 Hey Jude 14. Get Back 15 Yesterday 16. Let It Be 17. Hello, Goodbye 18. Magical Mystery Tour 19. Revolution 20. The Long and Windong Road ][/CENTER]

Ill give you triple plays as a tie

But you can still score a run on a double play....

Strikeouts produce nothing!

Unless you get the 4 out inning.
    Runners on w less than 2 outs I'll gladly take a K over a ground ball probably 80% of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Runners on w less than 2 outs I'll gladly take a K over a ground ball probably 80% of the time.
    Bingo.

His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Strikeouts are the most unproductive out!

You like unproductive scenarios?

Really?
    My Top20 Beatles Songs

Happ has to be the worst 10 game winner ever.
    My Top20 Beatles Songs

Strikeouts are the most unproductive out!

You like unproductive scenarios?

Really?
    1st and 2nd, one out.

Your choice.

Gidp or strike out?

I'll take the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    1st and 2nd, one out.

Your choice.

Gidp or strike out?

I'll take the latter.

Contact is good but there has to be a balance on contact and power. Ronald Torreyes could make contact but that didn't make him a good player. Good thing there are plenty of stats that take everything(including strikeouts) into account.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLES3658 View Post
    Contact is good but there has to be a balance on contact and power. Ronald Torreyes could make contact but that didn't make him a good player. Good thing there are plenty of stats that take everything(including strikeouts) into account.
    Don't disagree with you. More just harassing Mush.

It is a situation to situation basis! Either can be a rally killer. But I'll always choose the batter who makes contact and put pressure to the fielder to make the out.

The Tigers somehow have a worse record than the Orioles.

Sunday isn't getting shut down. My guess is he will continue to start but only go 4-5 innings, and probably get skipped a few times.
    He is easily our best starting pitcher, he has to be ready to go on full come October. Can't do like the Nats did several years ago with Strasburg where they were an elite team, he was a bona-fide ace, and they just completely shut him down. Dumb team.
    I'd rather let Domingo be shut down until he can be scheduled to start 2-3 games before postseason just to get his rhythm back.

With Lasanga back and German needing to cut back innings piggy backing those 2 makes a ton of sense all the way around.

German keeps pitching every 5 days so he doesn't lose his rhythm and throws 3. In or around 50 pitches.

Then u have Lasanga come in and throw about the same number of innings pitches.

It cuts back on Germans innings without messing with his routine and should allow him to be 100% free to go in the playoffs.

It gets Lasagna used to coming out of the pen which if he stays healthy will be his role in the postseason and probably long term.

It keeps German in the rotation and under his innings cap without skipping a handful of his starts and having to hope he can find his routine and rhythm again. When a pitcher is pitching well and is healthy I would way rather they keep him in his normal routine that he's been pitching so well in all yr and reducing his usage rather than completely being forced to skip him.

I think we can all agree we have a much better chance in the playoffs with German in the rotation and also having Lasanga on the roster, healthy in some capacity

A 1-2-3 in whatever order u want to put them in of Tanaka, Paxton and German is pretty good. If Sevy comes back as a starter those 4 would be pretty tough.

It certainly isnt a rotation as good as Houston or Cleveland but with our offense, if we can get them all healthy and amazing pen, especially if Betances comes, should gives a solid chance to win any series IMO

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910