Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 55

Thread: What if...

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    3,639

    What if...

    Gio and Tauchman are for real? What will next season look like (might as well start talking about next season, since more then half the fan base view this one as over, lol)?

    But imagine if Cash really found 3 diamonds in the rough at the same time (these two plus Voit), plus found and developed Didi (he may be gone) and Hicks, and bought low on DJLM.

    Hmmm. Now if only he can do that with some pitching..
    Time to double down on the 'Spects!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Creepyville, USA
    Posts
    40,198
    Name the half of the fan base here who says the season is over?

    I think 100% of the fan base believes we don’t have enough pitching to win it all. Valid concern.

    Every seasoned fan knows the playoffs can be a crap shoot but lately, the actual best team wins it all.

    We are not that.

    Still an incredible season in so many ways and since the Owners don’t care if we win it all, then why should we be upset about it? I don’t spend a dime on Yankee tickets either way.

    Enjoy the ride, whatever it may be!
    Leo's Thought Of The Day


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2,022
    Quote Originally Posted by LeoYankee View Post
    Name the half of the fan base here who says the season is over?

    I think 100% of the fan base believes we don’t have enough pitching to win it all. Valid concern.

    Every seasoned fan knows the playoffs can be a crap shoot but lately, the actual best team wins it all.

    We are not that.

    Still an incredible season in so many ways and since the Owners don’t care if we win it all, then why should we be upset about it? I don’t spend a dime on Yankee tickets either way.

    Enjoy the ride, whatever it may be!
    yanks are going nowhere in playoffs they will be eliminated by houston again... another failure of a season

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    6,927
    Cash has done an incredible job finding these guys, even Maybin.

    I think Gio is for real, he might be playing a little over his head offensively but the defense is legit. With he and DJ as long as they resign Didi, which I would be shocked if they didn't, Andujar is done at 3rd.

    Personally I love the bat and with his trade value low because of the injury it would be a bad time to move him. I would really like to see them try him LF and maybe a little 1st and see him dh quite a bit.

    I think Frazier is gone this off season.

    I'm not sure Talkman is for real yet but he's definitely good enough to be a solid 4th ofer.

    If Talkman plays well the rest of the season its really going to make a very tough decision for the Yanks. Gardy has easily played well enough that he should be resigned.

    With Stanton having the nt clause he's not going anywhere. So the real question is going to be do they believe in Talkman enough not to resign Gardy? That's going to be a very tough call, especially if they have to find ABs for Frazier/Andujar

    For me the key for the off season will be starting pitching and that begins and ends with me with Cole period. If they don't get him because they don't want to pay him, especially if they want him to take a discount to play for us like they did Machado it will be a F up of epic proportions. For me it will be the biggest mistake they have made in a very long time and that's saying something IMO when it comes to their pitching mistakes

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2,022
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Cash has done an incredible job finding these guys, even Maybin.

    I think Gio is for real, he might be playing a little over his head offensively but the defense is legit. With he and DJ as long as they resign Didi, which I would be shocked if they didn't, Andujar is done at 3rd.

    Personally I love the bat and with his trade value low because of the injury it would be a bad time to move him. I would really like to see them try him LF and maybe a little 1st and see him dh quite a bit.

    I think Frazier is gone this off season.

    I'm not sure Talkman is for real yet but he's definitely good enough to be a solid 4th ofer.

    If Talkman plays well the rest of the season its really going to make a very tough decision for the Yanks. Gardy has easily played well enough that he should be resigned.

    With Stanton having the nt clause he's not going anywhere. So the real question is going to be do they believe in Talkman enough not to resign Gardy? That's going to be a very tough call, especially if they have to find ABs for Frazier/Andujar

    For me the key for the off season will be starting pitching and that begins and ends with me with Cole period. If they don't get him because they don't want to pay him, especially if they want him to take a discount to play for us like they did Machado it will be a F up of epic proportions. For me it will be the biggest mistake they have made in a very long time and that's saying something IMO when it comes to their pitching mistakes
    i believe that will happen with cole.. this yankee mindset is to pay a player what they think he is worth and not what the market says he is worth..if that does not change cole signs elsewere...

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    6,927
    Hey Johnny can u go a single day without posting something negative... were tied for the best record in the AL, hardly a failure.

    We have starting pitching concerns but we have the best BP, especially if Betances comes back and we'll add Lasagna and possibly Sevy, German depending on his innings limit to that pen.

    When everyone get healthy with includes Stanton we have the deepest and best lineup in baseball. We can out score anyone.

    The playoffs are a crapshoot. Houston may have more starting pitching and that's a valid concern. That said let's not forget that the Tigers got beat in the first round when they had the vaulted rotation of Verlander, Scherzer and an in his prime Price

    So save your negative and bs and go root for a team that actually has something to ***** about like the Sox... ud make a great Soxs fan and I'm sure they'd love your negativity over there, I'd even put in good word for u over there

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    31,978
    I can see it now. Someone else will offer Cole $33M a year and Cash will say $32M was what we thought he was worth so we couldn't go higher. Lol

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    31,978
    If we just tell every pitcher we need 1 to 2 innings max we should just do bullpen games every game in the playoffs. A couple innings of Paxton throwing his hardest. A couple innings of Sevy and German. Bullpen guys. That's the way to do it.
    Also, leave Happ off the roster. Don't even invite him to the games. Tell him to stay home and be a dad.

    Trying to get 4 or 5 innings out of anyone in October sounds scary.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Creepyville, USA
    Posts
    40,198
    Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    I can see it now. Someone else will offer Cole $33M a year and Cash will say $32M was what we thought he was worth so we couldn't go higher. Lol
    But he’s right. With all the rest we would give him, he only deserves 32m. But at least he won’t get hurt.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day


  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Posts
    30,380
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny ny View Post
    yanks are going nowhere in playoffs they will be eliminated by houston again... another failure of a season
    I'm guessing you've never had sex. With your mindset, you'd have a naked partner begging for it and you would think my junk probably won't work"

    Keep seeking failure. It hurts no less when it happens. It actually hurts more because you never allow for the joy of possibility or the ride.



    **** off. Where's my title

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    6,927
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I'm guessing you've never had sex. With your mindset, you'd have a naked partner begging for it and you would think my junk probably won't work"

    Keep seeking failure. It hurts no less when it happens. It actually hurts more because you never allow for the joy of possibility or the ride.
    TMML
    My thought was he could have a porn star in front of him and before they got started he would tell her how bad she was at it just from see he " preform" in a scene he had watched

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    7,333
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Cash has done an incredible job finding these guys, even Maybin.

    I think Gio is for real, he might be playing a little over his head offensively but the defense is legit. With he and DJ as long as they resign Didi, which I would be shocked if they didn't, Andujar is done at 3rd.

    Personally I love the bat and with his trade value low because of the injury it would be a bad time to move him. I would really like to see them try him LF and maybe a little 1st and see him dh quite a bit.

    I think Frazier is gone this off season.

    I'm not sure Talkman is for real yet but he's definitely good enough to be a solid 4th ofer.

    If Talkman plays well the rest of the season its really going to make a very tough decision for the Yanks. Gardy has easily played well enough that he should be resigned.

    With Stanton having the nt clause he's not going anywhere. So the real question is going to be do they believe in Talkman enough not to resign Gardy? That's going to be a very tough call, especially if they have to find ABs for Frazier/Andujar

    For me the key for the off season will be starting pitching and that begins and ends with me with Cole period. If they don't get him because they don't want to pay him, especially if they want him to take a discount to play for us like they did Machado it will be a F up of epic proportions. For me it will be the biggest mistake they have made in a very long time and that's saying something IMO when it comes to their pitching mistakes
    How are the yankees going to sign Didi AND have torres, urshela, DJL and Voit all on the same diamond??

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    9,322
    Quote Originally Posted by Webslinger View Post
    How are the yankees going to sign Didi AND have torres, urshela, DJL and Voit all on the same diamond??
    Imo they MAY not resign Didi. Remote but plausible. DJ should be in line up everyday and ideally at his preferred position 2B. Move Torres over to SS.
    “Farts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.” — Aldous Huxley
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin



  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa
    Posts
    6,927
    Quote Originally Posted by drt1010 View Post
    Imo they MAY not resign Didi. Remote but plausible. DJ should be in line up everyday and ideally at his preferred position 2B. Move Torres over to SS.
    valid point about Didi but my question is how do they not get by without his LHed bat in the lineup. We have no LH bats coming and Didi is a huge presence in the clubhouse.

    with the injuries we have had all yr Dj has played everyday and i don't think its a bad idea to have that kinda back up next yr. We need a utility infielder might as well use the same rotation that we have that has been working well for us this yr .... Plus even as good as Gio has looked this yr, i gotta see him again next yr to believe he's all the way for real.

    I'd way rather have Didi around with Dj capable of playing 3 infield positions next yr and Just in case Gio return to what he was than have worry about the circus Andujar is at 3rd base again

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    9,322
    Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    valid point about Didi but my question is how do they not get by without his LHed bat in the lineup. We have no LH bats coming and Didi is a huge presence in the clubhouse.

    with the injuries we have had all yr Dj has played everyday and i don't think its a bad idea to have that kinda back up next yr. We need a utility infielder might as well use the same rotation that we have that has been working well for us this yr .... Plus even as good as Gio has looked this yr, i gotta see him again next yr to believe he's all the way for real.

    I'd way rather have Didi around with Dj capable of playing 3 infield positions next yr and Just in case Gio return to what he was than have worry about the circus Andujar is at 3rd base again
    Fair and valid point, particularly regarding his LH bat, an issue that I have raised more than once about Yanks line up. Didi and DJ are far better option than DJ sans Didi. But....If Didi asking price gets too high for Hal the possibility exists he may let him "explore" the market. My argument from the outset has been more about Torres than anyone. He's a natural SS and was moved off the position. He's capable, as we saw in Didi's absence, once he shook off the rust. He's only 22, making close to the minimum and isn't arb eligible until '21 and FA until '25. Didi otoh will be 30 and is currently making $11.7M and in line for a raise considering his FA status end of season. Didi is an exceptional player he should attract considerable attention. I would hate to see him leave, however considering the current reality of Yanks FA and fiscal conservatism ...ahem, I could see a scenario where he could go elsewhere for a payday.
    “Farts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.” — Aldous Huxley
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin



Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •