Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

The Orioles pitching staff is on pace to give up 300+homers

The Yankees just made their pitching staff look like a little league team for 4 games and the Astros scored 23 runs tonight on 6 homers.

I'm amazed they somehow have a better record than the Tigers.
    Last edited by metswon69; 08-11-2019 at 02:14 AM.

They gave up 30 runs to the Rangers in 2007.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

figured the phillies would be worse... where is our starting pitching at?

If Yordan Alvarez doesn't win the AL ROTY, they should cancel the award. 3 HRs and 7 RBI tonight. Kid is unreal.

Quote Originally Posted by dodgerdave View Post
    They gave up 30 runs to the Rangers in 2007.
    They also won the world series in 1983. Not sure what either has to do with the topic.

Lol

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

Tomasz I hope you aren't still watching these guys. My god.

https://twitter.com/mlb/status/1160652269228085248?s=21

https://twitter.com/bhearn_sports/st...596056064?s=21

They ended up walking off with a HR but still LOL

Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    Tomasz I hope you aren't still watching these guys. My god.

https://twitter.com/mlb/status/1160652269228085248?s=21

https://twitter.com/bhearn_sports/st...596056064?s=21

They ended up walking off with a HR but still LOL
    I have the 29 game season ticket package, and was there Friday and Saturday. Aside from my vacation in Dallas this year, I couldn't tell you the last Sunday game I went to, but I feel bad for Santander for that mistake. I saw it after the game ended. He's been a pretty good revelation this year. Saturday was brutal to sit through

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    The Yankees just made their pitching staff look like a little league team for 4 games and the Astros scored 23 runs tonight on 6 homers.

I'm amazed they somehow have a better record than the Tigers.
    The offense, especially when streaky guys like Villar, Mancini and Nunez are on, is pretty good. There's decent speed through the lineup. Santander has been very good since getting another shot, and has entrenched himself as an every day player. Severino has hit well for a catcher this year.

So we can put up some runs, it's run prevention, specifically pitching, which is beyond terrible. I honestly see only one pitcher currently on the 40 man roster who might be with this team when they are competitive again in 4-5 years, and that's John Means. A lot of these guys will likely be coming off the 40 man in the next year or two, as we have some good arms in AA right now, with some really, really good ones right behind them in A ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Dmac View Post
    They also won the world series in 1983. Not sure what either has to do with the topic.
    An Orioles pitching staff gave up those 30 runs. It may not be the same set of pitchers, but it's still an Orioles pitching staff. Hell, an Orioles pitching staff once had four 20-game winners in 1971.

An Orioles pitching staff was only partially responsible for the 1983 World Championship. The defense and offense contributed too.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

4 more bombs given up this afternoon

Quote Originally Posted by dodgerdave View Post
    An Orioles pitching staff gave up those 30 runs. It may not be the same set of pitchers, but it's still an Orioles pitching staff. Hell, an Orioles pitching staff once had four 20-game winners in 1971.

An Orioles pitching staff was only partially responsible for the 1983 World Championship. The defense and offense contributed too.
    The link from those staffs until now is broken. I'd wager that since 2000-ish, a lot of the same people have been involved in the front office and development system, even though the GM's have changed. With the new approach to analytics, we've seen a lot of positive changes in the minor league system. But there was a systemic problem when, over the past 30 years, the only TORPs produced by the Orioles were Mussina and Bedard.