Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    [Gehlken]Antonio Brown on report he told Raiders he’d retire if he couldn’t play with preferred helmet: “I don’t know where they got that, who made that up, either. Why would I retire, man? I’ve got a beautiful career. I’m healthy. I love to play the game... I’m grateful to play the game”
    First 4 years:
    Brown - 54 GP, 27 GS, 261 catches (63.3%) for 3,561 yds (8.6 AVG), 15 TD
    Landry - 64 GP, 57 GS, 400 catches (70.2%) for 4,038 yds (10.1 AVG), 22 TD

Huh. Wonder why Landry is getting paid so much...

"Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

Maybe he shouldn’t have said he doesn’t need the game and shouldn’t have posted “will you still love me if I leave” on Instagram.

Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    This. You and I (And maybe QbEagles) were pounding this drum for a long time lol
    I admitted it changed but it doesn’t have as much to do with homer glasses. I slammed him for the missed practice in season and what he pulled week 17. I said before it had more to do with the overwhelming amount of stuff than on or not on the team.

Many in the media and former players are pointing out the fact that the team put video on this out themselves (via twitter) is very highly unusual. Basically pointing out that this is a very public "last chance" show across the bow of Antonio Brown.

Not sure that's the right approach with AB's hubris lol

This guy is like Jimmy Butler in the NBA this off-season. Great players individually, but I wouldn't give you a sack of rotten onions for either of them. There IS going to be drama and distraction and it just isn't worth it. He hasn't even played a game for the Raiders and it's already a disaster. Good luck.

Sounds like what triggered Mike Mayock's comments was AB left TC again.

I hate this guy.

Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    Not sure that's the right approach with AB's hubris lol
    Seems like they're taking a good cop (Gruden) / bad cop (Mayock) approach with him.

Last night Drew Rosenhaus put out a video clip saying they haven’t exhausted all avenues yet of allowing Brown to wear his old helmet.

Maybe the only available option for AB is to sue the NFL and get an injunction to allow him to wear his old helmet at the same time.

Last edited by warfelg; 08-19-2019 at 07:43 AM.

Honest question for the group here:

Wouldn't it be smart (I know a word not associated with AB right now) to practice in a different helmet? *Maybe ask the equipment guys to have 5-6 ready to go so he could switch out when he wants to right now? *Then if you fight this and win....awesome. *If you lose, you've been trying different helmets and facemasks all along, and it won't take long to adjust to the new helmet and you know which one you want right away?

That's just it....why exactly is he fighting this so hard? Has he even TRIED any of the accepted helmets? Or is he just being obstinate while also garnering an excuse to skip practices.

Even if he were to win, the win would be temporary as the helmet will continue to become outdated.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast