Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 102
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    34,757
    Quote Originally Posted by JudgeMeNot View Post
    You take a lot of bitters in your old fashioned, don't you?
    Just speaking the truth. I'm sorry that bothers you.

    And let's be fair, what team hat do you see on most musicians, entertainers, non baseball fans, etc? I'll give you a hint its not the Cincinnati Reds.
    Last edited by metswon69; 08-16-2019 at 03:13 AM.

  2. 08-15-2019, 09:35 PM
    Reason
    Not necessary - Rush

  3. #17
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    79
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Just speaking the truth. I'm sorry that bothers you.

    And let's be fair, what team hat do you see on most musicians, entertainers, non baseball fans, etc? I'll give you a hint its not the Cincinnati Reds.
    Disparaging an entire fanbase because they don't put in as much "effort" as yours (which is ridiculously subjective, and I kind of doubt it in this case) is really petty, and kind of weird? (Now we judge fandom based on effort? I guess Marlins fans are hands down greatest on the planet) But I get it, you want your team on the back pages more. No fan doesn't.

    But you can't fault people for paying attention to the most successful team in the history of organized sports. Life is unfair, I guess. In order to balance things out, I'd suggest focusing on your squad rather than demeaning others. It doesn't make your squad any more likable, that's for sure.

  4. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    34,757
    Quote Originally Posted by JudgeMeNot View Post
    Disparaging an entire fanbase because they don't put in as much "effort" as yours (which is ridiculously subjective, and I kind of doubt it in this case) is really petty, and kind of weird? (Now we judge fandom based on effort? I guess Marlins fans are hands down greatest on the planet) But I get it, you want your team on the back pages more. No fan doesn't.

    But you can't fault people for paying attention to the most successful team in the history of organized sports. Life is unfair, I guess. In order to balance things out, I'd suggest focusing on your squad rather than demeaning others. It doesn't make your squad any more likable, that's for sure.
    I didn't disparage the Yankee fans effort to be a fan when they are actual fans. I said it takes no effort to be a fan which means there are a large amount of casuals or non fans who find it cool to associate themselves with the Yankees because all they do is win. Is that an untrue statement? Well I guess it has to be because it triggers you.

    Who cares about likable? Outside the Yankee bubble, the Yankees are among the most hated teams in sports. Its usually a case of you root for them or you against them. I don't fault people for paying attention to winners and I understand why people would be quick to attach themselves to as much. Apparently you don't because you seem to fail to grasp the concept of my stance as to why.

  5. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    79
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    I didn't disparage the Yankee fans effort to be a fan when they are actual fans. I said it takes no effort to be a fan which means there are a large amount of casuals or non fans who find it cool to associate themselves with the Yankees because all they do is win. Is that an untrue statement? Well I guess it has to be because it triggers you.

    Who cares about likable? Outside the Yankee bubble, the Yankees are among the most hated teams in sports. Its usually a case of you root for them or you against them. I don't fault people for paying attention to winners and I understand why people would be quick to attach themselves to as much. Apparently you don't because you seem to fail to grasp the concept of my stance as to why.
    "Being a Mets fan is more impressive because we have to try harder."

    That's basically your message. Which is weird. Why are we judging people on this? You root for your team, and I'll root for mine. Beyond that, it's whiny and obnoxious martyrdom.

  6. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    34,757
    Quote Originally Posted by JudgeMeNot View Post
    "Being a Mets fan is more impressive because we have to try harder."

    That's basically your message. Which is weird. Why are we judging people on this? You root for your team, and I'll root for mine. Beyond that, it's whiny and obnoxious martyrdom.
    Being a Mets fan is harder to do yes. Never said it was more impressive. You're implying as much.

    I call it like I see it. Again, that seems to weirdly bother you. Your ignorance as to why is perplexing at best. Its okay that a team gets a lot of casual and non fans fans who find it more a fashion statement than anything else. Am sure you'll take that as another dig but whatever.

  7. #21
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    79
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Being a Mets fan is harder to do yes. Never said it was more impressive. You're implying as much.

    I call it like I see it. Again, that seems to weirdly bother you. Your ignorance as to why is perplexing at best. Its okay that a team gets a lot of casual and non fans fans who find it more a fashion statement than anything else. Am sure you'll take that as another dig but whatever.
    Wahh, wahh.

  8. #22
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    34,757
    Quote Originally Posted by JudgeMeNot View Post
    Wahh, wahh.
    Yeah that's about the response I expected from you.

  9. #23
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    79
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Yeah that's about the response I expected from you.
    From one New Yorker to another, toughen up, Sally. Enough Martyr's walking the streets already.

  10. #24
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    34,757
    Quote Originally Posted by JudgeMeNot View Post
    From one New Yorker to another, toughen up, Sally. Enough Martyr's walking the streets already.
    The less you address what I actually wrote, the less interest I have in this discussion. No reason to strawman just because you have a hard time with reality.

  11. #25
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    79
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    The less you address what I actually wrote, the less interest I have in this discussion. No reason to strawman just because you have a hard time with reality.
    I addressed what you wrote, and like I said, I think it's pathetic martyrdom. Don't really care if you can deal with it or not.

  12. #26
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    34,757
    Quote Originally Posted by JudgeMeNot View Post
    I addressed what you wrote, and like I said, I think it's pathetic martyrdom. Don't really care if you can deal with it or not.
    No you didn't. You went instantly to suggesting how sad Met fans were that they don't get the back pages. Clearly you don't understand what strawmanning is either.

  13. #27
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    79
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    No you didn't. You went instantly to suggesting how sad Met fans were that they don't get the back pages. Clearly you don't understand what strawmanning is either.
    For the sake of self awareness:

    When you call rooting for a team "more of a fad than anything else" you should have your big boy pants on and expect a little return fire.

  14. #28
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    34,757
    Quote Originally Posted by JudgeMeNot View Post
    For the sake of self awareness:

    When you call rooting for a team "more of a fad than anything else" you should have your big boy pants on and expect a little return fire
    I didn't say its "more of a fad than anything else". I said it was just as much a trend which it is. It's important if you're going to quote someone that you understand what they quote. I'm sorry you don't get how big of a bandwagon there is. That's not my problem, its yours.
    Last edited by metswon69; 08-19-2019 at 09:53 PM.

  15. 08-19-2019, 09:51 PM
    Reason
    Trolling

  16. #29
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    79
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    I didn't say its "more of a fad than anything else". I said it was just as much a trend which it is. It's important if you're going to quote someone that you understand what they quote. I'm sorry you don't get how big of a bandwagon it is. That's not my problem, its yours.
    Go talk a walk you holier than thou martyr fan of a crappy franchise. Build your side up without knocking the other side down.

  17. #30
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    8,109
    Quote Originally Posted by JudgeMeNot View Post
    Go talk a walk you holier than thou martyr fan of a crappy franchise. Build your side up without knocking the other side down.
    Are you a yankee fan? And he told you it was easy to be one??

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •