Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ManningToTyree View Post
    I clarified it for you. Do you disagree?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No, I don't disagree, actually, and I'm actually pulling for the Mets, despite their martyr fans who call in to wfan every 10 minutes to whine like your buddy and pump themselves up into being "better" fans. He could've phrased it in a way that didn't make him come off like this, but he didn't, because, I suspect, he wanted to take a shot because his feelings are perpetually hurt.

Damn as a Phillies fan, canít believe Iím a defending a Mets fan(s). How is saying itís easier to root for a team that has a lot more success being a martyr or bitter?

You have one of the most populated cities in the world with one of the most successful franchises in the sport. It is fun and easy being a fan of a winning franchise. It comes with the success.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    Damn as a Phillies fan, canít believe Iím a defending a Mets fan(s). How is saying itís easier to root for a team that has a lot more success being a martyr or bitter?

You have one of the most populated cities in the world with one of the most successful franchises in the sport. It is fun and easy being a fan of a winning franchise. It comes with the success.

When you call another team a "trend" on a sports forum, you should expect a little return fire. Obviously it's meant to degrade the fanbase, of which many on here are a part. Again, big boy pants required.

Also, this is an epidemic on our city, self pitying Mets fans calling in talk radio to take petty shots at the Yankees (the reverse never happens, because we don't give a crap about the Mets), and that might be coloring my reaction. The act is really, really tired.

marychristine Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JudgeMeNot View Post
    When you call another team a "trend" on a sports forum, you should expect a little return fire. Obviously it's meant to degrade the fanbase, of which many on here are a part. Again, big boy pants required.

Also, this is an epidemic on our city, self pitying Mets fans calling in talk radio to take petty shots at the Yankees (the reverse never happens, because we don't give a crap about the Mets), and that might be coloring my reaction. The act is really, really tired.
    I ****ing heard an old yankee fan like 2 months ago.. he called the schmooze and he was like THE YANKEES ARE SOARING... SOARRRRING!" Complaining that all WFAN does is talk about the Mets. He actually said theyre called W-M.E.T.S and spelled it out like that... I was laughing so hard. The schmooze finally told him to stfu and hung up on him. haha. Yankee fans are thin skinned. Look at you. Whining over the dumbest of ****. Sorry. Just being honest with you.

Anytime you see an entertainer, actor, players from other sports, what baseball hat are they usually wearing? Its either the Yankees or the Dodgers. That's what I mean by trendy. Not to mention, the Yankees are easy to root for because like to be associated with winners.

You're the only one in this thread who keeps opposing that position. It speaks more to you than it does to "whiny self pitying" Met fans that you can't face reality.

Btw, I hear Yankee fans take shots at the Mets a lot on the radio.

Like I said, I'm rooting for the Mets. My city is my family and whatever is good for one of us is good for us all.

Just sick of martyr "holier than thou" fans talking ****, and felt it could use a little pushback.

Go yanks, go Mets, and as for the fans? Stay in your Lane and focus on the road ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Anytime you see an entertainer, actor, players from other sports, what baseball hat are they usually wearing? Its either the Yankees or the Dodgers. Not to mention, the Yankees are easy to root for because like to be associated with winners.

You're the only one in this thread who keeps opposing that position. It speaks more to you than it does to "whiny self pitying" Met fans.

Btw, I hear Yankee fans take shots at the Mets a lot on the radio.

I'm sorry you have a problem with reality but that's on you.
    But you've got Seinfeld and Billy Crystal from City Slickers in Mets hats. That makes me so hurt inside.

But you've got Seinfeld and Billy Crystal from City Slickers in Mets hats. That makes me so hurt inside.
    Your trolling sucks btw. I've seen much better.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Your trolling sucks btw. I've seen much better.
    I don't have the effort in me to troll better. For that, I'd need the effort it takes to be a Met fan, which apparently only a few heroic people like yourself have. You're just .. so deeply commendable.

So what's Mother Theresa like in person?
    She passed away a few years back, but from what I can remember she's pretty nice.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

If you polled every person in the world who the trendiest baseball team was itíd probably be the Yankees. Does that make everyone who voted them martyrs?

Saying a team or being a fan of a team is trendy isnít degrading.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

marychristine Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    She passed away a few years back, but from what I can remember she's pretty nice.
    I Grew up on Dad Jokes and this is Gold.

from one yanks fan to another, stop getting upset on an internet forum when someone makes a factual statement. The yankees have tons of bandwagon front-running morons as fans. It is trendy for some.

Fans hated didi when he was first traded here. Always compared him to Jeter. Now everyone seems to idolize him (because he proved the doubters wrong). The fans here act different when they lose. When Chapman blows 1 save, the army of trolls come out and try to compare him to Mo (who blew saves too)
    Last edited by benzni; 08-21-2019 at 05:34 PM.
    New Jersey Devils/Brooklyn Nets/New York Yankees/New York Jets

12/7/12 R.I.P GRAM (PSD LEGEND)

Want to be President of PSD? Post here to enroll. No skills needed!
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...ction-Nominees

Welp now this is embarrassing

I don't have the effort in me to troll better. For that, I'd need the effort it takes to be a Met fan, which apparently only a few heroic people like yourself have. You're just .. so deeply commendable.
    You're embarrassing.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast