Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

2019 Buccaneers Preseason and Training Camp Thread

Discuss

Go Bucs
    [COLOR="#FF0000"]

Lot to discuss

Bucs first Preseason game tomorrow, Arians TB debut, seeing rookies for first time

Vea getting MRI tomorrow, not considered serious

LD having minor arthroscopic knee surgery to clean up torn meniscus

Game day, only preseason but better than nothing.

Vea's MRI went well, no surgery. Should be concerning that for a second season in a row he starts with a lower leg injury.

It is concerning. He has shown signs he can be great when healthy. Unfortunately for a while now many people have said he wont last at his size in Tampa Bays weather. Only time will tell but we need him out there asap in order to be successful in a 3 4.

Tanner Hudson shined for me Friday.

Sean MB was disappointing and BA called him out and I have this feeling this kid will bounce back next week, not worried.

Would love to sign Eric Berry tho and take that risk on his health. Losing too many dbs right now. With Evan Smith being released, we have a little cap room to make a little low risk high reward splash.

Quote Originally Posted by BucsFan47 View Post
    It is concerning. He has shown signs he can be great when healthy. Unfortunately for a while now many people have said he wont last at his size in Tampa Bays weather. Only time will tell but we need him out there asap in order to be successful in a 3 4.

Tanner Hudson shined for me Friday.

Sean MB was disappointing and BA called him out and I have this feeling this kid will bounce back next week, not worried.

Would love to sign Eric Berry tho and take that risk on his health. Losing too many dbs right now. With Evan Smith being released, we have a little cap room to make a little low risk high reward splash.
    Right now have 2.7 mil in cap space. Ryan Smith could save us 2 mil and Santos could save us 800k. So maybe 5.5 mil, they could maybe afford 4 mil at that point.

I love Berry and would love him on this team. I'm not sure I can see them doing that though. Evan's is almost back, hes not Berry but he is our best Safety and decent. I think they want to start Edwards or Whitehead, who are both young, cheap guys, next to him and then keep Brice or Johnson as 4th S.

I'm going to start posting more, hope everyone else does as well.

Listened to BAs press conference yesterday, some thoughts.

1. Long pass on first Pitt drive was Whiteheads fault, VH3 was to play underneath and tried to catch up when safety was MIA. Looked like VH3 was beat but Whitehead was lost in centerfield.

2. He really likes Vernon, I think they drafted SMB and Dean for upside, depth and scheme fit but he really likes VH3.

3. Hes not gonna lighten up on guys who **** up nor should he. They track every single mental error by every player on every play to correct. Said young WRs, 3rd string and lower, had 21 of 37 of offense MEs.

4. When you're hurt, you're hurt but when you're banged up he respects toughness to grind and doesn't appreciate bubble guys sitting unless necessary.

So refreshing.

It's like if Schiano wasn't a psychopath and players respected him.
    [COLOR="#FF0000"]

Bucs working out S Marcus Gilchrist, former Charger, Texan, Raider and Jet, who played for Bowles for 2 years.

He's a bottom tier starting veteran S. Averages about 2 INT, 5 PD and 60 tackles a year.

Well instead of Eric Berry you get Darian Stewart hahahahaha

Needed someone 🤷

Did anybody see the game? Anybody stand out?

Quote Originally Posted by aecon13 View Post
    Did anybody see the game? Anybody stand out?
    It was on NFLN, I watched it. Not a ton stuck out. First team was good, 2nd team was ok but 3rd string was meh, struggled until late. Bad performance by Griffin IMO. Jameis, Hargreaves, Spence all had some great plays. Whitehead didnt look good. Cappa held his own.

The play by play guy for Pitt was awful, called Brate "Brat" and called Vea "Vay-ay".

You thought Griffin was bad?

Quote Originally Posted by BucsFan47 View Post
    You thought Griffin was bad?
    A lot of bad throws, one of the worst preseason games hes had outside of that monsoon game. They played better in final 20 minutes but it was against trash.

He outplayed Fitzpatrick before he got hurt last year in camp and preseason but it is very clear no team can trust Griffin to be a backup. If Gabbert got hurt we would have to sign someone. Why even bother to keep investing time and money in a career 3rd stringer?

Another game tonight, Arians is saying playing time will be a lot like last week unfortunately but hope we stay healthy.

OL Depth is awful or non-existent. These guys are not good. Benenoch is by far the best and by a lot. Ugh

Special teams is a complete mess tonight, worst I've ever seen in my life. BA may kill someone

1st half had a ST play with 9 and 10 men.

They stop Miami and Fitz, 12 men on field for return gave first down.

Stop them again. Returner realized there were 12 again and ran off, so 11 with no returner

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast