Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 35 of 51 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    It might be about cash Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Salvaged Ship View Post
    It might be about cash Joe
    Yeah, I don't see it happening. I don't see them paying 5-6 million a year for a manager next year and I don't see him taking much of a pay cut. With them looking to cut costs a little, I can see them going the Red Sox route and hiring a rookie manager for around a million or so. I don't think they are really happy with Joe either.

Would love to hire Derek Johnson or James Rowson

8-1 Reds today

Quote Originally Posted by Dmac View Post
    Yeah, I don't see it happening. I don't see them paying 5-6 million a year for a manager next year and I don't see him taking much of a pay cut. With them looking to cut costs a little, I can see them going the Red Sox route and hiring a rookie manager for around a million or so. I don't think they are really happy with Joe either.
    Unless there is something weíre not seeing behind the scenes, Iím guessing theyíll offer a contract but not a raise. Probably a one year deal. Then itís up him. If he says no, he technically isnít fired.

The 12 run first game of the series is what had given them the 5 run average. Take that away and itís 1.5 a game so the offense is the problem when it isnít consistently scoring 5 a game. This rotation should be winning every series if the offense just scores 4 a game consistently but scoring 12 one game and then coming back and putting up 2 then 1 isnít going to win many seriesí but it hasnít happened on the road in 3 months and I look for it to continue today against Castillo with the cubs scoring 2 or less again. I think the average runs per game stat is skewed since a team can have some double digit games and a bunch of 3 and less but the average still remains decent because of the double digit run games. A better indication would be how many games does a particular team score 5 plus runs in

Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    I think it gonna come down to how they finish the season...

They dont win the division, make the playoffs, and or early playoff exit wont help his chances.
    Also
    Being 20 games under on the road, cant get a good run going (hit a dead end at 10 over), dont help either.

One thing that could help him that I was thinking about, if younger players the cubs might be looking to extend like Bryant Baez and Contreras and maybe Castellanos, but more so Maddon young core, tell Theo theyd be more willing to extend if Maddon were to stay.

This is going well, 4 Ks already...

Lester gonna need to put 0s on the board and hope a cub hitter connects on one and win 1-0

Get a single out of Lester, next 2 guys make weak outs on the 1st pitch [emoji849]

Be funny if the Reds and Mets end up making the playoffs...

Hereís where the wheels fall off for Jon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8/8-8/11: Cubs (62-52) at Reds (54-58) IGT: Win a ****ing Road Series Edition

Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post
    Be funny if the Reds and Mets end up making the playoffs...
    The Mets might after their recent ridiculous run but thereís bound to be regression soon enough.

The Reds absolutely will not make the postseason. 5 under 500 and would need to go on a massive win streak to first get back to 500 and then try to catch the teams in the wildcard games that are already 5 over 500. For every loss they suffer and every win the wildcard teams have, it becomes more difficult. Itís not an exaggeration that theyíd need to go 33-14 or thereabouts the rest of the year.
    Last edited by JHBulls; 08-11-2019 at 02:07 PM.

This team is tragic away from Wrigley

No fastballs and pitches out of the zone, result was another K for Castillo... How KB is batting .290 is crazy to me, I swear itís like he strikes out 3 times a game a lot and still has a good BA.

Bryant looking like Helen Keller up there on 3 pitches

Page 35 of 51 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast