Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    A U.S. Representative was assassinated by the Jonestown cult when he visited them. That was some craziness even before the mass suicide.

Quote Originally Posted by MidwestJimmy View Post
    A U.S. Representative was assassinated by the Jonestown cult when he visited them. That was some craziness even before the mass suicide.
    That basically hastened the mass suicide as it happened just a couple hours before they drank the Flavor-Aid. It also happened away from the town so nobody who remained in the town even knew about it until Jones told them over the loudspeaker. I recently watched a doc on Hulu and it was insane. They showed footage of parents who didn't agree with what was gonna happen and one was literally pulling the child out of the mother's hands to go be put down. Then they played audio of one woman standing up and protesting being poisoned and basically being chastised by some random member of the congregation that she wouldnt even be alive if it weren't for Jones.

Jones was feeding them lie after lie about what was happening in the states that sounded like he was reading straight from the Enquirer. Like every hairbrained conspiracy and paranoid report was being announced over the loudspeaker. It was insane. Just shocking how deeply embedded he was in their brains.

Remember the Heaven's Gate cult in San Diego? Their leader looked like a deranged Bob Barker.

Jonestown by a mile over 900 dead, Manson was just an ex-con and pimp trying to get girls and was a real whack job but not a real cult.

I remember watching Helter Skelter when I was young. That movie scared my dinner out of me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12