Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Rockford IL
    Posts
    5,046

    Manson Family Murders 50th Anniversary

    The first night of the Tate-LaBianca murders of cult leader Charles Manson and his so-called Family in Los Angeles occurred 50 years ago today. I won't go into details because I don't feel like doing all that typing. But it's interesting because the story involves a famous movie director, a member of The Beach Boys, Doris Day's son, and an heiress to the Folger coffee family fortune.

    I'm assuming and hoping that the History Channel, National Geographic, and/or ID will have a documentary on Manson tonight. If not, there's always Youtube.
    Last edited by MidwestJimmy; 08-08-2019 at 04:44 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    41,163
    GOAT of cult leaders


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Rockford IL
    Posts
    5,046
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    GOAT of cult leaders
    LOL. David Koresh was right up there. And Jim Jones.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Bklyn/Denver/LA/Denver/LA/Tucson
    Posts
    26,450
    Quote Originally Posted by MidwestJimmy View Post
    The first night of the Tate-LaBianca murders of cult leader Charles Manson and his so-called Family in Los Angeles occurred 50 years ago today. I won't go into details because I don't feel like doing all that typing. But it's interesting because the story involves a famous movie director, a member of The Beach Boys, Doris Day's son, and an heiress to the Folger coffee family fortune.

    I'm assuming and hoping that the History Channel, National Geographic, and/or ID will have a documentary on Manson tonight. If not, there's always Youtube.
    Definitely be worthwhile history watching!
    A Reason To Go To The Gym

    Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since '87

    uapeople you're gone, but never forgotten, R.I.P. - SPRING 2011

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    99,913
    I would say Korea’s and Jones are worst if you really think about it, what his followers did were awful, but damn Jones and Koresh had way more followers.




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Rockford IL
    Posts
    5,046
    The only thing about it that aired last night was a really good two hour show on Headline News.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    41,163
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    I would say Korea’s and Jones are worst if you really think about it, what his followers did were awful, but damn Jones and Koresh had way more followers.




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That's like saying Emmitt Smith was better then Barry Sanders. Manson is the GOAT
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    99,913
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    That's like saying Emmitt Smith was better then Barry Sanders. Manson is the GOAT
    Nah, he just got the most publicity because of who his followers killed.

    Jim Jones has ****ers killing themselves.

    Koresh has ****ers wanting to fight the feds.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    West Side
    Posts
    12,085
    Clintons gotta be ahead of the Manson family.... lol

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    90,078
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Nah, he just got the most publicity because of who his followers killed.

    Jim Jones has ****ers killing themselves.

    Koresh has ****ers wanting to fight the feds.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sorry ewing, but I think he's right. Getting people to voluntarily kill themselves is higher on the power rankings scale.
    Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    41,163
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Sorry ewing, but I think he's right. Getting people to voluntarily kill themselves is higher on the power rankings scale.
    I'll always have soft spot for him
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Rockford IL
    Posts
    5,046
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    I'll always have soft spot for [Jim Jones]
    Never trust a guy who always wears sunglasses, even indoors (unless he's blind or something like that).

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    7
    I think Jim Jones takes the cult leader title. I can't imagine what it was like for offices to arrive at Jonestown and find all those dead bodies...terrible.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    57,315
    Ya, the Jonestown cult stuff was absolutely insane. I listened to the audio recordings from the fateful day and it was cringe worthy and even crazier the **** the dude was spewing from his mouth. He also get's that next level status cause he followed through on his own words as well lol. Usually you know they're not completely bat **** crazy when they get others to do it, but well they can't do it cause it's not in the cards.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    hampton beach
    Posts
    2,514
    The Vapors wrote a song about Jones which gives me a chuckle but I do agree that the Jonestown cult is off the chart in cult lore.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •