Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I don’t see Fox making the team this year, mainly because if he plays 30 NHL games the 3rd Rder we gave up in the deal becomes a 2nd Rder. And this years draft is stacked. So I can pretty much see Skjei/Trouba, Hajek/ADA, Staal/ Rykov and Raddych on defense. With Smith being buried because it saves 1 mil. in cap. But Quinn likes to keep 8 defensemen on the roster—at least that’s what he did last year, so who knows.

I can also see Kakko and Kravstov getting more playing time than Andersson and Chytil got as rookies—we all know AV didn’t like playing rookies—but Quinn isn’t AV And he starts the players who play hard.
    Last edited by Mr.Wiskers; 08-23-2019 at 02:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Wiskers View Post
    I don’t see Fox making the team this year, mainly because if he plays 30 NHL games the 3rd Rder we gave up in the deal becomes a 2nd Rder. And this years draft is stacked. So I can pretty much see Skjei/Trouba, Hajek/ADA, Staal/ Rykov and Smith or Raddych on defense.

I can also see Kakko and Kravstov getting more playing time than Andersson and Chytil got as rookies.
    I think if Fox beats out the other young guys, there’s no reason why he shouldn’t play in New York. They gave up what they did because they thought he was ready, and if he is, they’ll live with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We’ll see, I just think that in a deep draft an early 2nd could be the equivalent of a late 1st. And, and I think Rykov with 3 yrs of KHL pro experience is ready to jump right into the NHL( it also helps that he’s a physical stay at home defenseman) and we already saw that Hajek is ready— granted it was only 5 NHL games but the separated shoulder was what ended his season not his play. So it’s gonna be a tough training camp for ALL of the young defensemen to make the team.

I think our biggest issue this year is cap. And forward depth is certainly an issue, especially if Nametnikov and Stome are dealt—which will be more than likely if we plan on keeping Kreider. if we deal Kreider is another spot that will need to be addressed. Fast is another player we may need to replace as well. All things of course depend on how much the cap will be next year.
    Last edited by Mr.Wiskers; 08-23-2019 at 03:30 PM.

I think Fox is penciled in. I don’t think they’d give up what they did when he was an impending FA just to send Fox to the minors. He’s pretty well primed up to make the jump and at the very least he a 3rd pairing guy who gets some love on PP2.

Rykov I find interesting. I thought I read somewhere that his European out-clause was on in year 2. Which would lead me to believe Gorton worked his magic and they convinced Ygor that he won’t be rotting away in the minors and he’d be full time by year 2 or he could leave. I honestly am not sure how they could guarantee him ice time and follow through with that. He’s a LD anyways and with Staal, Skjei, and Hajek there is no way you can guarantee a regular spot in the lineup.

I think there is less of a learning curve than people exaggerate about with adjusting to NA ice (albeit there is one) but it wouldn’t hurt Yegor to come over and spend most of his early time in Hartford and getting a handful of cups of coffee while adjusting to just lifestyle in the US itself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New York Rangers - Atlanta Braves - New York Giants - Kobe Bryant

Fox is definately going to get the opportunity to make this team. Imo the rebuild is basically over as far as tanking to get better picks. I dont see us moving 1st rounders unless it's to move up or anything but I believe management wants this team to compete for a playoff spot this year and in watching how the leafs botched their rebuild by waiting until all their high end rfa's needed deals to try and contend, I believe we have to speed this up so that we are contending in 2 years so that we can take advantage of the low salaries of our young stars. It's a tough task but if you want a long window to win the cup you must do it while the kids are on entry deals and continue to draft players to backfill when you lose players to cap constriction later on. That's my hope for this team atleast.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Wiskers View Post
    We’ll see, I just think that in a deep draft an early 2nd could be the equivalent of a late 1st. And, and I think Rykov with 3 yrs of KHL pro experience is ready to jump right into the NHL( it also helps that he’s a physical stay at home defenseman) and we already saw that Hajek is ready— granted it was only 5 NHL games but the separated shoulder was what ended his season not his play. So it’s gonna be a tough training camp for ALL of the young defensemen to make the team.

I think our biggest issue this year is cap. And forward depth is certainly an issue, especially if Nametnikov and Stome are dealt—which will be more than likely if we plan on keeping Kreider. if we deal Kreider is another spot that will need to be addressed. Fast is another player we may need to replace as well. All things of course depend on how much the cap will be next year.
    I like Strome and I believe he could fit into the plan here being a right shot player who can play any forward position but I'm not concerned if he is dealt. As much as has been made about Anderssons year last year, he is going to be a good NHL player. I think he knows he is a better player than he has shown, but he has heaped a ton of pressure on himself to do too much. I'd actually love if the staff would, atleast for the preseason, try putting him in the 2c spot with say Kreider and Kappo and see how he plays with good players. In the hf forum everyone has all but given up on the kid who until the last 2 years has been an elite player his whole career. I still see him as a 2c, or atleast a 3c on a deep team, but he needs to play with better players that see the ice the same way. He has the compete level, the need to win and the skill set but he needs to be put with decent players that compliment his abilities.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12