Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Before last season began, Hahn and journalists were indicating that BOTH Kyrie Irving and Kevin Durant were interested in coming to New York. Right away, most Knick sites thought they meant the KNICKS! Even the Front Office bought it.

Now, I'm thinking to myself I was born the last time the Knicks won a Championship. Never mind Anuche Brown Sanders ($20M) and Jerome James being paid to go away. The Knicks made more headlines with Charles Oakley than anything else in the last 10 seasons.

And then as the season unfolded, it turned out the Nets were the "New York" franchise they meant.

So in effect, all the BS-PN reporters, Simmons, Hahn, and Tony Beers....they were onto something. It just didn't involve the Knicks.

Maybe Mills/Perry were that stupid and knew nothing BUT the original plan was to sign a MAXcat then re-sign KP d/t Larry Bird rule but that was before KP was hurt.

Recently Kevin Durant was running his mouth off (again). He mentioned that the Knicks are not an appealable franchise to his generation or the younger generation of ballers d/t the fact they were not conscious of the Knicks when they were good. I'm assuming he's referring to the Championship team.

What's fascinating is the fact, the Nets have been even more of a losing franchise than the Knicks if you tally the last 5 or so years.

That leads me to believe KD is just bitter the Knicks didn't cater/pamper him.

In retrospect, I remain bothered not that the Knicks were going to 86 KP in favor of signing two superstars but the fact, KD was one of the potential targets.

Begging the Knicks continue building from the draft. F- these juvenile man-children.

KD is really coming across as a dick taking so many shots at us. But it's our FO's fault for falling for the 2 max pipe dream again.

We really were dead set on unloading contracts. Even when we tried to get Fox, we wanted SAC to take contracts.

According to ESPN.com's Zach Lowe, the Knicks offered Porzingis to the Sacramento Kings if the return was guard De'Aaron Fox and a bit more: "... including a template from the New York Knicks centered around Kristaps Porzingis that would have required Sacramento to either send something beyond Fox or take unwanted Knicks salary (or both), sources say."

I said it when we traded KP, our front office is as delusional as the fan base. This has to be the most embarassing string of events by any front office in nba history.

Under no circumstances can you trade KP and demand cap space instead of draft picks/young players, and than get no top level free agents.

There isnt another owner in the nba that would allow you to still have a job.

Curious thought, why is a source good here, Knicks weren't quoted, Sac wasn't quoted, just says sources?

There are many stories and many sources, which ever you want to believe is great, and really doesn't matter any longer. KP is gone, history is written and there are no do overs.

You also made a fact statement above in your post that the Knicks wanted Sac to take contracts? How was this a fact, when in fact your post reads this........ would have required Sacramento to either send something beyond Fox or take unwanted Knicks salary (or both), sources say."

Aren't you doing here in your post what you accuse others of? Just curious?

Maybe it will come out one day, maybe Sac will be quoted ...........but the only fact right now is we can't change what happened and everything else is a rumor from sources.

Lastly as the story went on with Lowe's using a source, I fully agree with this conclusion from Elite Sports:

Furthermore, the Knicks have painted the picture that they had no option but to trade Porzingis. The narrative is that Porzingis was a malcontent and there was no turning back. But was that the case way back in June of 2018?

Rather, the Knicks may not have been all that enthusiastic about investing in Porzingis in the long-term. His slight frame and injury history could have scared the front office and prompted their trade inquiries.

However, we still donít know exactly what happened yet. This revelation tells us more, but it doesnít tell us everything.

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    Curious thought, why is a source good here, Knicks weren't quoted, Sac wasn't quoted, just says sources?

There are many stories and many sources, which ever you want to believe is great, and really doesn't matter any longer. KP is gone, history is written and there are no do overs.

You also made a fact statement above in your post that the Knicks wanted Sac to take contracts? How was this a fact, when in fact your post reads this........ would have required Sacramento to either send something beyond Fox or take unwanted Knicks salary (or both), sources say."

Aren't you doing here in your post what you accuse others of? Just curious?

Maybe it will come out one day, maybe Sac will be quoted ...........but the only fact right now is we can't change what happened and everything else is a rumor from sources.

Lastly as the story went on with Lowe's using a source, I fully agree with this conclusion from Elite Sports:

Furthermore, the Knicks have painted the picture that they had no option but to trade Porzingis. The narrative is that Porzingis was a malcontent and there was no turning back. But was that the case way back in June of 2018?

Rather, the Knicks may not have been all that enthusiastic about investing in Porzingis in the long-term. His slight frame and injury history could have scared the front office and prompted their trade inquiries.

However, we still donít know exactly what happened yet. This revelation tells us more, but it doesnít tell us everything.
    I didn't accuse you of anything. there were no "sources" that said "no one wanted Frank"...that was simply the writer of the article you read interpreting it that way, probably for clicks.

Nothing wrong with posting an article with sources... nothing wrong with posting ANY article really. but taking a writers opinion or verbiage and posting it as a FACT is completely different.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    I didn't accuse you of anything. there were no "sources" that said "no one wanted Frank"...that was simply the writer of the article you read interpreting it that way, probably for clicks.

Nothing wrong with posting an article with sources... nothing wrong with posting ANY article really. but taking a writers opinion or verbiage and posting it as a FACT is completely different.
    Exactly:

Why did you post this as fact then?

We really were dead set on unloading contracts. Even when we tried to get Fox, we wanted SAC to take contracts.

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    Exactly:

Why did you post this as fact then?
    well according to Lowe's sources we were indeed looking to dump contracts on SAC as well. And Mills himself said they limited the search to 8 teams that could offer a young player, a pick AND cap relief, we never heard any trade rumor involving KP with a team that didn't have a bunch of expirings to offer.

I don't give a **** about players looking to play for a "cool" team. I want the Knicks to get players focused on winning.

Quote Originally Posted by wiley6 View Post
    I don't give a **** about players looking to play for a "cool" team. I want the Knicks to get players focused on winning.
    Word

Quote Originally Posted by wiley6 View Post
    Players do care about that though, being on a good team or cool team or both, helps to build a players brand and global image.

Tim Duncan may of been one of the best players ever on one of the best franchises ever, with the best coach ever, but i never seen a tim duncan jersey or shoe in my whole life.

Players are much more business savvy now, and look at the bigger picture.

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post
    Players do care about that though, being on a good team or cool team or both, helps to build a players brand and global image.

Tim Duncan may of been one of the best players ever on one of the best franchises ever, with the best coach ever, but i never seen a tim duncan jersey or shoe in my whole life.

Players are much more business savvy now, and look at the bigger picture.
    Not only is Tim Duncan one of the richest NBA players in the world right now - He's made a good deal of it off endorsements & investments. Not to mentioned this is pre salary cap jump NBA.

Durant is just stirring the pot a bit - No one thinks the Nets are cool. They can change that now sure. But give me a break. Not to mention teams are cool because of whose on them. The Warriors like he mentioned, were not cool before the splash brothers... Well maybe that one year when they knocked out Dallas with Bdiddy

Players care about being on a good team no doubt- But that's not what he's saying here. Different strokes for different folks.

If the Knicks donít matter, and KD wasnít interested at all, then why he keep talking?

He went where he supposedly wanted, good for him. Let him go worry about getting back on the court. If the organization and the team are so great, they need their players hyping things up?

Only reason the Knicks arenít cool, is because they suck. Still have a huge fan base, and still get talked about regularly. If/when things turn around, watch the hype

Iím gonna find it funny when the nets and there fans come to find out that they just ruined there future by waisting all that money on Kevin Durant .
    I think the smartest thing the knicks have done in the most recent years was not being willing to sign kd after he got injured.
    In the past we would have still signed him to a max contract just like the nets did and than our whole future would have been hamstrung by kd and his massive contract .when in reality when he returns to the court he will be pushing 33 years old .
    Plus if he is even capable of getting back to 75-% of what he used to be that would be a miracle at his age .
    So even though the nets attracted the big name , I feel blessed that the Knicks dodged this bullet for once the knicks made the right choice .
    And I didnít even mention kyrie ...
    Good luck having guy healthy if you happen to make the playoffs .

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn2timer View Post
    Not only is Tim Duncan one of the richest NBA players in the world right now - He's made a good deal of it off endorsements & investments. Not to mentioned this is pre salary cap jump NBA.

Durant is just stirring the pot a bit - No one thinks the Nets are cool. They can change that now sure. But give me a break. Not to mention teams are cool because of whose on them. The Warriors like he mentioned, were not cool before the splash brothers... Well maybe that one year when they knocked out Dallas with Bdiddy

Players care about being on a good team no doubt- But that's not what he's saying here. Different strokes for different folks.
    Thats not the point, no one cares about duncan, hence why san antonio had crazy low ratings. They werent cool.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast