Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 115
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Toms River, NJ
    Posts
    8,853
    Why the **** would he say otherwise now? Lol same as lebron in 2010 saying it was Miami all along. Same as kyrie telling Boston fans he’s not going anywhere. Why make dramatic headlines and start controversy if it’s avoidable?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    1,631
    LOL i still cant get over how delusional all the blind posters here who said our front office must know something that we don't, and we were getting kd/Kyrie.

    LOLOLOL.

    Traded KP for cap space for a player who never gave you his word he was coming. You take your L mills, you take your L delusional Knicks fans.

    Just to watch BK, wait until they got KDs word, and easily make cap space for him.

    Our delusional front office and delusional fans base are a perfect fit. And the same people were really talking about AD after all that failure hahahah.

    AD gonna leave Bron for Knicks, hahahahaha....

  3. #63
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    45,678
    easily make cap space??? yea if KP signed his QO, so easy then to rid Timmy and Lee who they tried and tried and tried to move even for 2nd round picks and got nothing.

    who in their right minds was taking either player and Timmy had two years left? You think Dallas didn't try to move Lee lol to get cap for two guys? They couldn't.........

    Time to wake up and stop calling people out when you never have any backing to support anything you say. It's just your opinion.

    Do we feel Mills and Perry felt they had a good shot at two Max players? yea but never once, never once, let's repeat this never once did they not say if two max players (narrowed down to 3 players) don't come then plan B will happen which is no long contracts......

    this if you google will come up time and time again, nothing you say if you google it will come up.

    For the umpteenth time, we get it, we all wish things could have been different, we all wish KP would have wanted to stay.......it didn't happen, and Knicks were in no position to call KP's bluff.

    That would be the biggest gamble calling a player and crazy brother out in the history of sports, glad your so sure he would have signed his extension lol.

    And even if he did, didn't PG13 just sign his and then ask to be traded?

    If the definition of being delusional is not agreeing with your opinion rather than what has been brought to the worlds attention, then I'm delusional and most of the world is too.

    Could you ever just post your opinion and say lets agree to disagree, instead of the name calling?


    And AD was not a failure, we tried the great KP and it didn't work, we just never had the assets to pull it off, the only place I will agree with you is the fans thinking we had better assets than Lakers or even Boston to pull that trade off........that I will agree and always said we didn't.

    And who said AD was leaving Lakers? An article said it, no posters said it, I know I said it would be funny as hell if a miracle happened and he did for all the Lakers gave up for the next 5 years but not one poster I recall ever made that statement.

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    30,986
    You would have had to attach a pick to Timmy & Lee... just like the Nets did... but if Kyrie and KD were coming you don't worry about a pick.

  5. #65
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    45,678
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    You would have had to attach a pick to Timmy & Lee... just like the Nets did... but if Kyrie and KD were coming you don't worry about a pick.
    Was that a guarantee or opinion? I never saw one offer like that?

    Don't you also need a team to take back Timmy's almost 18m and Lee's 12m? Teams were keeping there cap, remember trying to move Frank and teams that may have been interested didn't want to lose their cap.

    So for someone to say easily move these two, well no.....

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Queenz
    Posts
    6,434
    Quote Originally Posted by PewPew View Post
    True. But it doesn’t hurt to be honest from times to times. If the Knicks overperform, I’ll happily eat crow. But the lies you and others tell yourself are just mindboggling.

    The conspiracy rhetoric of stillafan, about kps brother, the ultimatum of 7 days ladadada justifying the kp situation is something from the same Media that came up with the idea that kd and Kyrie coming to the Knicks.
    Ima Knicks fan, that’s why I’m here, but that doesn’t require to be delusional last time I checked.

    If you think differently so be it.
    I dont think too differently. I think the spectrum of opinion here is much wider than you're giving it credit for. There isn't a for and against group. It's not that binary. So this lumping of "the lies you and others tell yourself" is just lazy IMO. What lies am I telling myself, would love to know.

    You say you're a fan, and I believe you. But literally every post I see from you is a negative comment about what's happened or whats going to happen. It's like every fan thinks if only they were running things it would be going smoother.

    Since we can't actually make decisions you confuse rationalization with justification. What else is there to do? Dissect, analyze and debate.

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    30,986
    Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    Was that a guarantee or opinion? I never saw one offer like that?

    Don't you also need a team to take back Timmy's almost 18m and Lee's 12m? Teams were keeping there cap, remember trying to move Frank and teams that may have been interested didn't want to lose their cap.

    So for someone to say easily move these two, well no.....
    no, Lee could have been stretched.

    of course nothings a guarantee...but teams shed contracts much worse than Timmy all the time.

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    20,702
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    no, Lee could have been stretched.

    of course nothings a guarantee...but teams shed contracts much worse than Timmy all the time.
    Why are you arguing with stilla according to him knicks can't do anything wrong everything they do is right and should be accepted by knicks fans without complaining.

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    438
    Agreed. KD was rumored as coming to New York before last season began. I'm sure Kyrie & Durant had their minds already made up.

    Here's the thing. The Knicks purposely re-shaped their Front Office and coaching staff, based on player recommendations, convinced that these hires will result in signing 2 franchise changing superstars.

    Just like 2010, the Knicks were spurned...

    And now, the Knicks are left to wonder: Do we continue bending to the will of the players who will ultimately spurn them? Or do we try something different like the Sixers?

    The Process in the Knicks brain trust has warranted questioning.

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    1,631
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    Agreed. KD was rumored as coming to New York before last season began. I'm sure Kyrie & Durant had their minds already made up.

    Here's the thing. The Knicks purposely re-shaped their Front Office and coaching staff, based on player recommendations, convinced that these hires will result in signing 2 franchise changing superstars.

    Just like 2010, the Knicks were spurned...

    And now, the Knicks are left to wonder: Do we continue bending to the will of the players who will ultimately spurn them? Or do we try something different like the Sixers?

    The Process in the Knicks brain trust has warranted questioning.
    Even I who predicted we would lose out in free agency, and who hates our front office cant imagine they would be stupid to make the same mistakes again.

    And I still don't think anyone truly understands how much of a joke we are going to be to everyone if KP comes back healthy, MVP mode and kills it.

    Our front office got a pass so far, if KP comes back and is that guy, holy crap, the never ending story is going to be how did Knicks trade KP and get such little compensation.

    If Knicks had the opportunity to get a KP legel player at his age, we would trade DSJ and a few scrub draft picks, one top 10 protected, and take on some cap space, at lightning speed.

    Said it before and I'll say it again, this could go down as one of the worst trades in NBA history.

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    1,938
    Quote Originally Posted by cheetos185 View Post
    Why are you arguing with stilla according to him knicks can't do anything wrong everything they do is right and should be accepted by knicks fans without complaining.
    Because google says so
    `

  12. #72
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    45,678
    Quote Originally Posted by PewPew View Post
    Because google says so
    google doesn't say anything lol, what many a poster has said is how do you post that crap when you can easily google before you post things that are ridiculously not true?

    And we have proven this over and over and over lol



    and Cheets you have been around here longer than I think everyone and I was right behind you when the Knicks mess up on all over them, but I do give my team the benefit of the doubt.

    I have not liked most things the Knicks have done prior to Perry and he has yet to do anything crazy that we should be moaning about.

    Did KP want out? could we have called his bluff? Were you willing to do that? Most people would say no, his brother is too much a wild card.

    So I'm not sure where you always complain, you just posted Knicks are a joke? I'd hate to root for a team I felt that adamant about in a hatred way.

    My goodness if even you don't see we don't do the old Knick stupid moves I'm not sure what to tell you.

    The fans would have loved AD traded for everything we had including RJ, all our young talent and picks for a one year player that can get up and leave. And unlike Toronto who only got Kawhi for one year , AD was not making this team a contender, and that Cheets would have been the worst trade in NBA history trading for a one year loaner that may or may not get us in the playoffs because we stripped the team?

    To me that would have been an old Knick decision and you can't even give them credit for these kind of decisions because everything is negative.

    when have you seen contracts like Mitch's that don't exceed 2m and have him locked in for 4 years? Now a player like Iggy and even Trier with team options?

    The past Knicks trade for Melo, and then resign him for 5 years and give him a players option and no trade clause?

    the old Knicks sign players like Noah, Lee, Afflalo and give them 4 year deals at premium dollars.

    The old Knicks would have signed a Timmy after one season of coming out of the G-league and showing some promise and give him a starting salary of 17m when Atlanta said they would have matched around 8-10m? And on top of that give him a 4 year deal with a no trade clause and a player option?
    yes that was Mills and one of the reasons I don't like him but he has given the realm to Perry and we just don't do that any longer.

    Yes we used the 70m in cap but Randle is no slouch and his 18m looks like a good deal and even better than we are not locked to him past year 2. NO other FA has a contract beyond this year unless the Knicks want him back, when was the last time you could say that?

    Don't google it because it won't show up LOL

    Yes it sucks to be a Knick fan and to anyone who even thinks the KP trade is the worst in NBA history, well really need to do more homework, and for the Knicks the worst trade so far which set the franchise back decades was the Patrick Trade. Not because he had much left under the tank but because we traded for a bunch of below average guys with long expensive contracts......then because we are NY we constantly looked for the quick fixes which is too many to name here..............that trade was a disaster and back in the day I said that trade would haunt the Knicks for 4 years, little did I know that it would last decades.

    And yes you can blame Dolan and I fully agree......but right or wrong he obviously has given up the decisions to the FO, now we get to see what Perry does, he has signed very good draft picks and very team friendly contracts for FA's not by salary but by having team options.

    It's not great we had to trade KP, it actually stunk but it's not all gloom and doom either.

    And to the good Dr. Knicks FO were not hired to get two max guys, that is just wrong, we had KP and the plan was to keep cap to get someone to play with KP, and I agree Fiz was hired to land a big time FA, and that failed.

    We now all see from the Net's and Clips what it takes and that is to show a winning culture so lets see how that goes and how we do developing the young guys.

    Jury is still out........

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    1,938
    Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    google doesn't say anything lol, what many a poster has said is how do you post that crap when you can easily google before you post things that are ridiculously not true?

    And we have proven this over and over and over lol




    and Cheets you have been around here longer than I think everyone and I was right behind you when the Knicks mess up on all over them, but I do give my team the benefit of the doubt.

    I have not liked most things the Knicks have done prior to Perry and he has yet to do anything crazy that we should be moaning about.

    Did KP want out? could we have called his bluff? Were you willing to do that? Most people would say no, his brother is too much a wild card.

    So I'm not sure where you always complain, you just posted Knicks are a joke? I'd hate to root for a team I felt that adamant about in a hatred way.

    My goodness if even you don't see we don't do the old Knick stupid moves I'm not sure what to tell you.

    The fans would have loved AD traded for everything we had including RJ, all our young talent and picks for a one year player that can get up and leave. And unlike Toronto who only got Kawhi for one year , AD was not making this team a contender, and that Cheets would have been the worst trade in NBA history trading for a one year loaner that may or may not get us in the playoffs because we stripped the team?

    To me that would have been an old Knick decision and you can't even give them credit for these kind of decisions because everything is negative.

    when have you seen contracts like Mitch's that don't exceed 2m and have him locked in for 4 years? Now a player like Iggy and even Trier with team options?

    The past Knicks trade for Melo, and then resign him for 5 years and give him a players option and no trade clause?

    the old Knicks sign players like Noah, Lee, Afflalo and give them 4 year deals at premium dollars.

    The old Knicks would have signed a Timmy after one season of coming out of the G-league and showing some promise and give him a starting salary of 17m when Atlanta said they would have matched around 8-10m? And on top of that give him a 4 year deal with a no trade clause and a player option?
    yes that was Mills and one of the reasons I don't like him but he has given the realm to Perry and we just don't do that any longer.

    Yes we used the 70m in cap but Randle is no slouch and his 18m looks like a good deal and even better than we are not locked to him past year 2. NO other FA has a contract beyond this year unless the Knicks want him back, when was the last time you could say that?

    Don't google it because it won't show up LOL

    Yes it sucks to be a Knick fan and to anyone who even thinks the KP trade is the worst in NBA history, well really need to do more homework, and for the Knicks the worst trade so far which set the franchise back decades was the Patrick Trade. Not because he had much left under the tank but because we traded for a bunch of below average guys with long expensive contracts......then because we are NY we constantly looked for the quick fixes which is too many to name here..............that trade was a disaster and back in the day I said that trade would haunt the Knicks for 4 years, little did I know that it would last decades.

    And yes you can blame Dolan and I fully agree......but right or wrong he obviously has given up the decisions to the FO, now we get to see what Perry does, he has signed very good draft picks and very team friendly contracts for FA's not by salary but by having team options.

    It's not great we had to trade KP, it actually stunk but it's not all gloom and doom either.

    And to the good Dr. Knicks FO were not hired to get two max guys, that is just wrong, we had KP and the plan was to keep cap to get someone to play with KP, and I agree Fiz was hired to land a big time FA, and that failed.

    We now all see from the Net's and Clips what it takes and that is to show a winning culture so lets see how that goes and how we do developing the young guys.

    Jury is still out........
    pluralis majestatis? Its only you rambling in thousands of words posts, repeating the same nonsense (your I know it all truth, because I google and archive every post) over and over. Maybe less booze would help.

    Since you just pick me personally and twist my post without reading them I made you a list. Should be easier for you to follow.

    1. I'm not excited about the team, since its not the max you could've done with the options available starting pre KP trade. Neither they maxed value of KP, nor the value of the 70 mill. One guy said it best, I rather would have had Lee, Tim, KP and Randle (solid signing), then the other signings.
    2. Perry is solid, but far from being a good GM by league standards. Even if you love him, I can't call him good for being not as stupid as the guys before him. He is caught up with his former picks and seem only have strings to his former teams. He's hasn't shown creativity or strategic thinking in his approach.
    3. I don't think our drafts were particular good in the first round. There were other players who were better suited. SGA, Mitchell, MBridges, Zhaire.
    4. Mills is a puppet and wouldn't have a job if it wouldn't be for Dolan
    5. We have young guys. But Mrob, Knox, Trier, Frank are not clear two way talent and therefore challenged by their skillset. That wouldn't be such a problem if our coaching staff would have shown the ability to make our players better, which it hasn't so far.
    6. If Barrett would be the first rookie with star like potential since KP....we will see. I hope he will.
    7. Dolan is the reason why we are stuck where we are. Like it or not.

    Happy dissecting.
    `

  14. #74
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    45,678
    not much to dissect here and I see valid points to most of this:

    1. How can we gamble on KP, that has been my question, could a GM gamble that KP's brother wouldn't tell him to sign the QO? His brother is out there, not sure anyone has ever argued that point.

    2. Jury is still out on Perry I've said this how many times but posters just want to be totally negative and bring back decades of bad basketball decisions what you said has merit and it's wait and see, to early.

    3. Mitchell was a Phil decision not to pick him I think I may have been one of two posters that wanted him after the raves on his workouts. so leave this off the Perry list.

    4. we can argue all day about Knox and he was not my original pick and in fact I would have based on KP not playing picked the player who hasn't even stepped on the court yet, I thought he fell to us and it was a blessing with KP out but we now all hope Knox can show some defense, his offense will be there he's shown that at 19.

    5. you are spot on with the one way players, hopefully Fiz can figure this out and help......this a big question mark on these young players including Mitch who I'm extremely high on.

    6. dolan....he's going nowhere sadly so I've stopped complaining about him years ago.

    As I said not much to dissect...........

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    14,711
    After the KD comments, of course the Knicks have to do a PR response

    https://nypost.com/2019/08/09/tradin...site%20buttons

    Berman article about how even though KD was never going to the Knicks, and the Knicks didn't get anyone in free agency, the front office still feels like they did the right thing/best move.

    LOL

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •