Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 115
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    30,986

    KD speaks out on the Knicks

    Kevin Durant finally has broken his silence. And his words likely will trigger Knicks fans’ pain — and delight Nets fans big time.

    “If I was leaving the Warriors, it was always going to be for the Nets,” Durant told Yahoo Sports in his first comments since his stunning free-agency decision. “They got the pieces and a creative front office. I just like what they were building.”

    Durant, who hadn’t spoken to the media since tearing his Achilles during Game 5 of the NBA Finals on June 11, said the year-long speculation that he would leave the Warriors to save the woebegone Knicks was unwarranted. In the end, of course, it never happened. Hours before free agency officially opened June 30, it was reported the 30-year-old future Hall of Famer agreed to a four-year, $164 million max contract with the crosstown Nets.

    Asked when he decided on the Nets, Durant said, “June 30. That morning. I never wanted to disrespect the game by putting my focus on the future. It was always about that day, focusing on that day and what was most important that day. And throughout the season, basketball is the No. 1 thing.”

    The NBA is looking into whether the Nets as well as other teams committed tampering this offseason, as it was revealed both Durant and Kyrie Irving had agreed to deals with the Nets before free agency officially opened.

    “We didn’t have to play together,” Durant said of teaming up with Irving. “It wasn’t necessary. But we were friends before anything, and we just happened to want to hoop together. But it wasn’t a thing we planned. It just came together.”

    It’s unclear when Durant will make his debut in Brooklyn, with many projecting he will miss all of next season to recover from the injury that has ruined so many NBA careers.

    Durant, like the Nets have so far this summer, offered few hints as to when he could return.

    A glimpse into Kevin Durant's long Nets recovery
    “I don’t know,” he said. “Just like I didn’t know I was going to get hurt. I don’t know. We’ll see. I’m early in the process. So I’m grinding every day.”
    But Durant vehemently shut down reports that the Warriors were to blame for the Achilles fiasco. Durant tore his right Achilles in the Finals after surprisingly returning from a strained right calf that was expected to keep him out the remainder of the postseason.

    “Hell, no. How can you blame [the Warriors]? Hell, no,” Durant told Yahoo. “I heard the Warriors pressured me into getting back. Nobody never said a word to me during rehab as I was coming back. It was only me and [director of sports medicine and performance] Rick [Celebrini] working out every day. Right when the series started, I targeted Game 5."

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    30,986
    We were never under consideration according to KD himself... sounds like bron in 2010 all over... and once again our FO out of touch with reality.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    7,336
    Im pretty sure he only said that kuz kyrie went there kd is such a biach

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    1,345
    At least we got flexibility for AD and Giannis.......too soon?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    7,336
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulBrotha View Post
    At least we got flexibility for AD and Giannis.......too soon?
    you kant be serious

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    1,631
    This can't be true, all the delusional on this forum told me our front office knew something that us fans didn't know when we traded KP for peanuts, and that we were getting KD and Kyrie, and Zion, and DeAndre was going to sign a vet min.

    Crazy , all the delusional here telling me bum Mills is a good front office guy, but first reason Durant gave for picking Nets was their front office, particularly their creativity.

    Something our delusional president doesn't have.

    It's almost like we have a unqualified president with no respect from anyone in the NBA, and can only sign players by overpaying them.

    Except Bullocks agent, he likes Mills, because Mills is the dumb *** who gave his client a contract despite the fact hs just had freaking back surgery.

    Lmao at the delusionals still supporting this clown show.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    45,678
    Delusion is for one second thinking a player who is now playing for the nets would actually come out and say anything differently lol

    Oh yea by the way Nets thanks for signing me but originally I wanted to go to NY.......can't make this sh it up.

    I got a bridge for sale if your interested also lol........


    Just for the record Randle said the same thing and I don't believe him either.......but what is he supposed to say?


    Oh and I guess Kyrie never said to KD that the Knicks have cap for two max players? how many times did we play that clip said at the all star break?

    And to KD's credit and league rules, he said he decided on the Nets the morning of the 30th? Hmm how is that even possible if you can't talk to teams till 6PM lol........the fans that actually believe KD are totally delusional.

    Wow just wow lol

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    14,711
    Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    Delusion is for one second thinking a player who is now playing for the nets would actually come out and say anything differently lol

    Oh yea by the way Nets thanks for signing me but originally I wanted to go to NY.......can't make this sh it up.

    I got a bridge for sale if your interested also lol........


    Just for the record Randle said the same thing and I don't believe him either.......but what is he supposed to say?


    Oh and I guess Kyrie never said to KD that the Knicks have cap for two max players? how many times did we play that clip said at the all star break?

    And to KD's credit and league rules, he said he decided on the Nets the morning of the 30th? Hmm how is that even possible if you can't talk to teams till 6PM lol........the fans that actually believe KD are totally delusional.

    Wow just wow lol
    So, you're saying there is still a chance?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    45,678
    Quote Originally Posted by KnicksFan4Years View Post
    So, you're saying there is still a chance?
    a chance that KD is telling the truth, no lol

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    12,642
    Lol, KD had decided on the Nets on June 6th which was the day they made the Allen Crabbe trade. That is obvious KD

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    1,938
    "The Nets have a nice young nucleus, a bright head coach in Kenny Atkinson and a promising young GM in Sean Marks, but not many predicted the organization would overshadow the Knicks for elite talent this offseason.

    "'If I was leaving the Warriors, it was always going to be for the Nets,' Durant said. 'They got the pieces and a creative front office. I just like what they were building.'"


    Well he's right on all aspects, no matter if he's completly honest. Several players came out this summer and are all hinting at the same thing - under Dolan this organization will always be a complete joke. Judging by his tenure, there is not much proving the opposite. Not one star who is sane mentally or physically will considering coming here. We only get middle tier players by overpaying them on short contracts, thats the reality.

    I believe Perry and Fiz are trying, but there is only so much you can do with trump 2.0 in charge.
    Last edited by PewPew; 08-08-2019 at 06:17 AM.
    `

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    14,711
    I never bought that KD and Kyrie had made plans to join Knicks. I even made joke after front office "felt good" about two max players. I joked that they heard through back channels that KD and Kyrie said they were coming to NY, got all excited and traded KP only to find out by NY they meant Brooklyn not Knicks.

    Lololololol

    People calling bs on KD just were not paying attention. I had been ringing the alarm since early last season. Before KP got traded.

    The current strategy is to throw **** against the wall and see if it sticks. Last year was former lotto busts. This year it is rotation players to see if they can turn into something more.

    We need one or more players to turn into franchise level players or we are just at square one.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    45,678
    Quote Originally Posted by KnicksFan4Years View Post
    I never bought that KD and Kyrie had made plans to join Knicks. I even made joke after front office "felt good" about two max players. I joked that they heard through back channels that KD and Kyrie said they were coming to NY, got all excited and traded KP only to find out by NY they meant Brooklyn not Knicks.

    Lololololol

    People calling bs on KD just were not paying attention. I had been ringing the alarm since early last season. Before KP got traded.

    The current strategy is to throw **** against the wall and see if it sticks. Last year was former lotto busts. This year it is rotation players to see if they can turn into something more.

    We need one or more players to turn into franchise level players or we are just at square one.
    Wait so you think on the morning of decision is when he said OK I'm going to the Nets lol.........

    That is what we are calling BS on, he knew he was going to the Nets long before when the Nets released all their vets, when the Nets didn't sign Russell, and when the Nets traded Crabbe and let a couple other's go.

    and yes there were more than hints weren't there? You had all outlets saying it was 95% confirmed and then 100% from Mr big mouth.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    1,345
    Quote Originally Posted by PewPew View Post
    "The Nets have a nice young nucleus, a bright head coach in Kenny Atkinson and a promising young GM in Sean Marks, but not many predicted the organization would overshadow the Knicks for elite talent this offseason.

    "'If I was leaving the Warriors, it was always going to be for the Nets,' Durant said. 'They got the pieces and a creative front office. I just like what they were building.'"


    Well he's right on all aspects, no matter if he's completly honest. Several players came out this summer and are all hinting at the same thing - under Dolan this organization will always be a complete joke. Judging by his tenure, there is not much proving the opposite. Not one star who is sane mentally or physically will considering coming here. We only get middle tier players by overpaying them on short contracts, thats the reality.

    I believe Perry and Fiz are trying, but there is only so much you can do with trump 2.0 in charge.
    Lol Trump 2.0. I gets it. At least Dolan's not a racist. Oh God I said something good about him...burn me

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    521
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    Kevin Durant finally has broken his silence. And his words likely will trigger Knicks fans’ pain — and delight Nets fans big time.

    “If I was leaving the Warriors, it was always going to be for the Nets,” Durant told Yahoo Sports in his first comments since his stunning free-agency decision. “They got the pieces and a creative front office. I just like what they were building.”

    Durant, who hadn’t spoken to the media since tearing his Achilles during Game 5 of the NBA Finals on June 11, said the year-long speculation that he would leave the Warriors to save the woebegone Knicks was unwarranted. In the end, of course, it never happened. Hours before free agency officially opened June 30, it was reported the 30-year-old future Hall of Famer agreed to a four-year, $164 million max contract with the crosstown Nets.

    Asked when he decided on the Nets, Durant said, “June 30. That morning. I never wanted to disrespect the game by putting my focus on the future. It was always about that day, focusing on that day and what was most important that day. And throughout the season, basketball is the No. 1 thing.”

    The NBA is looking into whether the Nets as well as other teams committed tampering this offseason, as it was revealed both Durant and Kyrie Irving had agreed to deals with the Nets before free agency officially opened.

    “We didn’t have to play together,” Durant said of teaming up with Irving. “It wasn’t necessary. But we were friends before anything, and we just happened to want to hoop together. But it wasn’t a thing we planned. It just came together.”

    It’s unclear when Durant will make his debut in Brooklyn, with many projecting he will miss all of next season to recover from the injury that has ruined so many NBA careers.

    Durant, like the Nets have so far this summer, offered few hints as to when he could return.

    A glimpse into Kevin Durant's long Nets recovery
    “I don’t know,” he said. “Just like I didn’t know I was going to get hurt. I don’t know. We’ll see. I’m early in the process. So I’m grinding every day.”
    But Durant vehemently shut down reports that the Warriors were to blame for the Achilles fiasco. Durant tore his right Achilles in the Finals after surprisingly returning from a strained right calf that was expected to keep him out the remainder of the postseason.

    “Hell, no. How can you blame [the Warriors]? Hell, no,” Durant told Yahoo. “I heard the Warriors pressured me into getting back. Nobody never said a word to me during rehab as I was coming back. It was only me and [director of sports medicine and performance] Rick [Celebrini] working out every day. Right when the series started, I targeted Game 5."
    The nets have fans?

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •