Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Lebron to organize a Lakers team minicamp

Stadium

@Stadium

Our NBA Insider

@ShamsCharania

reports on LeBron James starting to organize a Lakers team minicamp, and the premium on team chemistry around the league.

https://twitter.com/Stadium/status/1...560668672?s=20

Seems nice, I like it.

This kind of stuff makes me nervous, particularly with LeBron's ego and history.

This is either a great way to build team chemistry, or, a great way for LeBron to assert his primacy before the coaching staff gets involved and the new players have their roles defined in a team-first concept.

There are valid knocks against LeBron, and one of them is that as a GM and a de facto head coach he's pretty damn bad. His greatest success, by far, was in Miami, where he had a real GM who controlled the entire franchise -- including refusing to allow LeBron to drive Spoelstra out.

Maybe he's older and wiser, but I think he's probably just older.

Don't **** this up, LeBron. It's not about you, it's about the Purple & Gold....

Quote Originally Posted by Caruso Nation View Post
    This kind of stuff makes me nervous, particularly with LeBron's ego and history.

This is either a great way to build team chemistry, or, a great way for LeBron to assert his primacy before the coaching staff gets involved and the new players have their roles defined in a team-first concept.

There are valid knocks against LeBron, and one of them is that as a GM and a de facto head coach he's pretty damn bad. His greatest success, by far, was in Miami, where he had a real GM who controlled the entire franchise -- including refusing to allow LeBron to drive Spoelstra out.

Don't **** this up, LeBron. It's not about you, it's about the Purple & Gold....
    What did Cleveland do with 3 first round draft picks? What did Clev do before and after Bron? What did Bron do with Cleveland?

I like seeing this. Nice call LeBron. Now you can do taco Tuesdays with the whole team.

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    I like seeing this. Nice call LeBron. Now you can do taco Tuesdays with the whole team.
    This

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    What did Cleveland do with 3 first round draft picks? What did Clev do before and after Bron? What did Bron do with Cleveland?
    In his first stint in Cleveland he did nothing. He was the Carmelo Anthony of Ohio.

In his second stint in Cleveland he won a ring because Bogut got hurt and Dray is a dumbass.

Or maybe I'm missing your points.

I don't think this is about this, I truly think he wants to build chemistry as early as he can, to win another championship before it's all said and done.

I like the move. It's offseason and there is no stress involved yet. So the players will be more relaxed and get to know each other in a more relaxed setting. Personalities might change a bit when there is some stress involved and an already established relationship will help ease things up during a stressful season. Especially when Lebron gets stressed and become the control freak that he is again.

Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post
    This
    500000 posts and you can't come up with your own opinion?

Quote Originally Posted by Iron24th View Post
    I don't think this is about this, I truly think he wants to build chemistry as early as he can, to win another championship before it's all said and done.
    I genuinely hope you're right, and there is no question that LeBron is the most important piece of the puzzle in terms of whether we win another ring or not in the next few years.

He has all the pieces, but it has to be about the team. His legacy would only grow if he subordinated his game to the pursuit of a title, and I think he knows that he has to choose now between rings and all-time stats.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShadow42 View Post
    I like the move. It's offseason and there is no stress involved yet. So the players will be more relaxed and get to know each other in a more relaxed setting. Personalities might change a bit when there is some stress involved and an already established relationship will help ease things up during a stressful season. Especially when Lebron gets stressed and become the control freak that he is again.
    One thing that does happen in these settings is that players play. And I don't really see how LeBron beats AD one on one, given AD's relative youth and height/length. If other players on the team see AD holding his own, or even besting LeBron, they may still fall in line, but they will know of Bron is a bullshitter or not.

I genuinely hope you're right, and there is no question that LeBron is the most important piece of the puzzle in terms of whether we win another ring or not in the next few years.

He has all the pieces, but it has to be about the team. His legacy would only grow if he subordinated his game to the pursuit of a title, and I think he knows that he has to choose now between rings and all-time stats.
    I think he's ready to do it, and trust me I hated Lebron for a long time.

Good point and great sig

500000 posts and you can't come up with your own opinion?

Lmfao I did but JD was pretty spot on with his post... this is a good thing all around..

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast