Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post

FWIW, Enes Kanter played professionally overseas and still came to UK for a year.
    You do know Kanter wasn't allowed to play his only year there because he received payment for when he played in Europe right?

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    You do know Kanter wasn't allowed to play his only year there because he received payment for when he played in Europe right?
    Out of everything, that is what you decide to reply to, ok lol

Yes, I'm fully aware. He had to wait until he was 19 to enter the draft regardless if he went and sat a year in college, stayed overseas or joined the then D-League.

As you posted, they took the bachelor degree requirement away, because no other professional league requires their agents to have one, except the NFL whom requires a masters.

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    Out of everything, that is what you decide to reply to, ok lol

Yes, I'm fully aware. He had to wait until he was 19 to enter the draft regardless if he went and sat a year in college, stayed overseas or joined the then D-League.

As you posted, they took the bachelor degree requirement away, because no other professional league requires their agents to have one, except the NFL whom requires a masters.
    And as we know, the NFL players have it the worst

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    Compared to NBA absolutely but to be fair their very different sports. A 19 year old can’t physically compete against grown men in the NLF the same way they can in the NBA. Thus they need to stay in college. Their contracts are all type of restrictive but that’s not agents that the NFLPA.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    Compared to NBA absolutely but to be fair their very different sports. A 19 year old can’t physically compete against grown men in the NLF the same way they can in the NBA. Thus they need to stay in college. Their contracts are all type of restrictive but that’s not agents that the NFLPA.
    I was more speaking to the fact that nba contracts are guaranteed and nfl contracts are not unless specified. Players have zero security unless they are stars, but in the nba Lance Stephenson will get all his money. That’s awful for nfl players where they are 50x more likely to get injured.

But basically if you are an nba player, any rule the nfl has, you want the opposite to be in the nba. And that Masters degree is just another way to keep “the man” in complete control. So it sucks and is not in the best interest of the players.
    Last edited by IKnowHoops; 08-14-2019 at 12:21 AM.

I was more speaking to the fact that nba contracts are guaranteed and nfl contracts are not unless specified. Players have zero security unless they are stars, but in the nba Lance Stephenson will get all his money. That’s awful for nfl players where they are 50x more likely to get injured.

But basically if you are an nba player, any rule the nfl has, you want the opposite to be in the nba. And that Masters degree is just another way to keep “the man” in complete control. So it sucks and is not in the best interest of the players.
    That masters degree for agents isn’t keeping the “man” in control. The NFLPA has done a poor a job in comparison to the NBAPA. The agents aren’t setting the rules or arguing for them. Their just trying to get their clients they best deal the can. It’s the union and their lawyers that negotiated the terms with the NFL owners and their lawyers.

poor NFL players

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    poor NFL players

Your so jealous of athletes because you hate your life

Anyway, they redacted there clown rule because they looked like clowns having this rule and thus those supporting the rule were exposed as jealous/clowns/jealous clowns as well.
    Last edited by IKnowHoops; 08-14-2019 at 12:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cmellofan15 View Post
    And do you guys realize rich paul and LBJ are different people? When did him making vague tweets equal him spinning this situation into a racial issue?? Or am I missing something.
    People spun it into it prevents inner city people making a contribution on a large scale market, and these people pushed it was only for the privileged that could go to college.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    Not to side track this too much but NCAA doesn’t even come close to corruption that takes place in FIFA and Soccer worldwide. By far the most corrupt organization in the world.
    I don’t know exactly how it works in those systems, isn’t it they get kids to play for their organization at a young age and develop the skills to join their organization later on? I really don’t know and would like to hear about it.

The AAU circuit is a cash cow where coaches bribe players to play for their organizations, where then they become advisors and to get rich off the player either for themselves or the name of the program. Yes some of the big time athletes won’t have a problem making the league, but many coaches gain the riches of these players that don’t see a dime from the league. You don’t get the media attention from players that don’t make it, but it happens a ton.

I disagree with the NCAA rule but i agree with people trying to black ball rich Paul. He's horrible for the game of basketball and has already hurt the sport big time. You will see more players DEMANDING trades in middle on contracts telling teams " you trade me now to the team i wanna go to or else". Then of course tell any other teams that show interest that ''you can trade for me but im not resigning there.'' etc...
    For not honoring a sig bet I now own YEDB90

Quote Originally Posted by prodigy View Post
    I disagree with the NCAA rule but i agree with people trying to black ball rich Paul. He's horrible for the game of basketball and has already hurt the sport big time. You will see more players DEMANDING trades in middle on contracts telling teams " you trade me now to the team i wanna go to or else". Then of course tell any other teams that show interest that ''you can trade for me but im not resigning there.'' etc...
    To be fair, AD was not the first player to ever do that.

I have to add, I have been involved in pursuing a career change a handful of times, and it is VERY standard to require a college degree for nearly any professional job for the most part, outside certain job lines. Literally any job that has financial or managerial responsibilities requires it. So this isn't targeting so much as a side negative due to the sport being very black, and black graduation rates still being so unnaceptable. Basketball is supposed to be more racially progressive, but clearly that was ignored and a more standard set of requirements set forth. I am still relatively surprised of the inclusion of degree required, but I am not losing sleep over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    I have to add, I have been involved in pursuing a career change a handful of times, and it is VERY standard to require a college degree for nearly any professional job for the most part, outside certain job lines. Literally any job that has financial or managerial responsibilities requires it. So this isn't targeting so much as a side negative due to the sport being very black, and black graduation rates still being so unnaceptable. Basketball is supposed to be more racially progressive, but clearly that was ignored and a more standard set of requirements set forth. I am still relatively surprised of the inclusion of degree required, but I am not losing sleep over it.
    They removed the degree requirement.

Quote Originally Posted by prodigy View Post
    Right because no players with agents other than Rich Paul have done this.

Your so jealous of athletes because you hate your life

Anyway, they redacted there clown rule because they looked like clowns having this rule and thus those supporting the rule were exposed as jealous/clowns/jealous clowns as well.
    I feel very bad for them

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast