Between this and the near-shutdown Boston is Pats fans gonna riot lmao

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    Between this and the near-shutdown Boston is Pats fans gonna riot lmao
    The half that are left. Lol

For that money good **** off eat my *** lmao I wanted him back but for 20

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    One More Time

This feels different than Manning, Favre, Montana finishing with different teams. All of those made more sense. You get the Colts going with super prospect Luck, Steve Young had already had success, Rodgers was years in the waiting and Favre already had retired. This seems like some combination of Brady wanting a challenge and the team not wanting to extend themselves to keep him. It just feels more voluntary.

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Rhody View Post

Way to handle that with class.

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Rhody View Post

I never really cared about the money, just how it hits the cap. But I just donít see how they can massage the cap hits to pay him a ton of money like that while still having talent.

I said a couple days ago I wonder if they want to just go with Stidham and try to stack the team elsewhere. But then you have the obvious risk that your QB just flops and kills you. I definitely give BB some degree of trust that if he does go with Stidham then that wonít happen because he has a good track record of evaluating. But thereís obviously inherent unknown and I canít remember a QB that ever SEEMED less qualified to start than Stidham being given the reins.

Iíll be disappointed if they go with a guy like Dalton or Foles or whoever. I just donít see the point in that. Youíre still making a ~20M commitment cap wise. If you are doing that just structure a Brady deal that way. The only way this makes sense to me is if they just cut the band-aid completely and go with Stidham.

Foles to NE.

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Foles to NE.
    The cap hits if traded are fairly moderate now that I just looked it up. Honestly, Iíd rather just spread that cap hit amongst a few good players and roll with Stidham.

Just throw caution to the wind. Go young/inexperienced and QB and see if you have something. If not, reevaluate next year.

So far NE has kept both McCourtys and Slater along with tagging Thuney. Extension for Thuney to reduce that cap number has been talked about though. Would he huge.

They just a $3M credit for Aaron Hernandez grievance today I read so that helps.

Extensions for Gilmore and Hightower that reduce cap numbers could be in the works.

The teams secondary is still stacked. With Thuney, the return of David Andrews from injury and hopefully development of Isaiah Wynn hopefully the line will be very good. RG Mason and RT Cannon also played through injury.

Team needs stouter DT play vs the run. They need better edge rushers. They need a top of the depth chart receiver and TE. Weíll see what BB does.

This was the right move for the Pats. Need to move on at some point and figure out a plan for the future. The last two decades have been a blast and something the NFL has never seen before. Thanks for the memories Tom but all good things must come to an end at some point.

Will be curious what the Pats do at QB and for offensive weapons. The defense was pretty good last year but needs some help at LB and DE. Offense is a mess though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    The cap hits if traded are fairly moderate now that I just looked it up. Honestly, Iíd rather just spread that cap hit amongst a few good players and roll with Stidham.

Just throw caution to the wind. Go young/inexperienced and QB and see if you have something. If not, reevaluate next year.
    As a fan Iím always in favor of this because you donít really know what you have . Could be good could be poop but you pretty much already know who the retreads are and what they bring . Thatís why when Romo got hurt I preferred a QB on the team over going and getting a veteran .

Lol BB about to get Teddy and make him look like Brady

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Way to handle that with class.
    Bro the world is gonna end all class is out the door

One More Time

In all seriousness gonna miss him. It's been a great run and I wish him the best but no sacred cows. Bring on the new chapter

One More Time

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast