Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 208
  1. #91
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    16,668
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Word is the guy the Pats are eyeing is Andy Dalton. There is no way the Pats end up trading for the #1 pick. The Bengals have already said they intend on keeping the pick and drafting their QB.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hard to believe they were caught with their pants down . Their philosophy is to draft well then collect comp picks instead of signing guys to big second or third contacts . You would have thought a young QB would be ready for his shot by now .

  2. #92
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    2,209
    Quote Originally Posted by surf and turf View Post
    Hard to believe they were caught with their pants down . Their philosophy is to draft well then collect comp picks instead of signing guys to big second or third contacts . You would have thought a young QB would be ready for his shot by now .
    I think that guy just played in the Super Bowl 2 weeks ago, lol

  3. #93
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    16,668
    Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    I think that guy just played in the Super Bowl 2 weeks ago, lol
    Lol.. yeah I guess

  4. #94
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    35,860
    I don't care where, I just think it'd be wild to see Brady in a uniform other than the Patriots.

  5. #95
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    2,209
    Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    I don't care where, I just think it'd be wild to see Brady in a uniform other than the Patriots.
    Same

  6. #96
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    7,768
    Quote Originally Posted by surf and turf View Post
    Hard to believe they were caught with their pants down . Their philosophy is to draft well then collect comp picks instead of signing guys to big second or third contacts . You would have thought a young QB would be ready for his shot by now .
    They did have a guy but Kraft demanded that he be traded. He played in the SB this year.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #97
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    4,760
    It will be weird to see Brady in another uniform other than the Patriots that's for sure

  8. #98
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    16,668
    Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    It will be weird to see Brady in another uniform other than the Patriots that's for sure
    Just like Montana.

  9. #99
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    165
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    They did have a guy but Kraft demanded that he be traded. He played in the SB this year.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The Garoppolo thing is tiresome. The only thing the Pats really could've done is franchise Jimmy G but having two QB's take up $40M+ of your cap space is...uh...probably not a smart way to build a roster.
    The other thing they could've done is make Brady available. Impossible to imagine how the Patriots would spin that in light of his status on the team and in the city. You're consistently getting to and often winning Super Bowls but now you've willingly elected to begin a rebuild? HUH? How can you possibly sell that to your fanbase?

    Bottom line is they drafted Garoppolo when Brady was around 36-37 years old. The timing should have been fine; maybe TB steps down in 2-3 years and Jimmy's ready to step right in. Problem was Brady got 2 more rings and even an MVP at age 40. He simply did not cooperate with their plan.

  10. #100
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    4,760
    Updated rankings of where I see Brady ending up

    12- Carolina Panthers
    11- Tennessee Titans
    10- Dallas Cowboys
    9- Los Angeles Rams
    8- Los Angeles Chargers
    7- Chicago Bears
    6- Denver Broncos
    5- San Francisco 49ers
    4- Las Vegas Raiders
    3- Indianapolis Colts
    2- Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    1- Brady somehow re-signs with the Patriots

  11. #101
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    20,198
    Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Updated rankings of where I see Brady ending up

    12- Carolina Panthers
    11- Tennessee Titans
    10- Dallas Cowboys
    9- Los Angeles Rams
    8- Los Angeles Chargers
    7- Chicago Bears
    6- Denver Broncos
    5- San Francisco 49ers
    4- Las Vegas Raiders
    3- Indianapolis Colts
    2- Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    1- Brady somehow re-signs with the Patriots
    Raiders
    Chargers
    Cowboys
    Patriots

    That's the only place he'd go

  12. #102
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    4,760
    Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    Raiders
    Chargers
    Cowboys
    Patriots

    That's the only place he'd go
    To me Las Vegas is such a thrilling prospect especially if Brady leaves my Patriots...and if he were to go to a market a big market like Vegas...think of the box office draw Brady could be for that city but also Brady in that Raiders offense he would essentially make the Raiders better

  13. #103
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    11,213
    Quote Originally Posted by rc33 View Post
    The Garoppolo thing is tiresome. The only thing the Pats really could've done is franchise Jimmy G but having two QB's take up $40M+ of your cap space is...uh...probably not a smart way to build a roster.
    The other thing they could've done is make Brady available. Impossible to imagine how the Patriots would spin that in light of his status on the team and in the city. You're consistently getting to and often winning Super Bowls but now you've willingly elected to begin a rebuild? HUH? How can you possibly sell that to your fanbase?

    Bottom line is they drafted Garoppolo when Brady was around 36-37 years old. The timing should have been fine; maybe TB steps down in 2-3 years and Jimmy's ready to step right in. Problem was Brady got 2 more rings and even an MVP at age 40. He simply did not cooperate with their plan.
    tiresome or not, it still fits into the discussion of the Patriots not being ready if Brady's gone.....since Garopolo they've drafted and traded Jacoby Brissett and used picks on Danny Etling and Jarrett Stidham...Etling didn't stick, so unless you're thinking Stidham or Cody Kessler is the heir apparent, they've gotta go get someone if Brady leaves
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  14. #104
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    165
    Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    Raiders
    Chargers
    Cowboys
    Patriots

    That's the only place he'd go
    Yeah I really don't see Indy though it should be appealing with their OL and the prospect of playing indoors. Too much Peyton Manning history there. And I'm not even sure their fanbase would welcome him. But as much as he's a great kid, the Colts are not going to get over the top w/ Jacoby. They need to add another QB.
    Funny thing is Brady doesn't really have a nice logical snug fit like Manning had when he moved on to Denver. Up and coming team with a terrific D and some decent weapons on offense. It just made sense and you did get the feeling it would work. Dallas seems like a long shot; can't imagine them letting Dak walk unless his demands get past $35M. The Chargers don't even have a fan base in their own hometown; they're clearly the #3 football team behind the Rams and USC. Raiders at least have a tradition and the idea of highly excited fans and playing in a brand spankin' new stadium could be enticing.

  15. #105
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    33,950
    Dallas is a juicy media destination but nothing about him or his wife screams that they want to move there long term.

    Iíd be surprised if he goes to a place heíll eventually move away from because that means moving his kids twice.


    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •