Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 34424344
    Quote Originally Posted by thawv View Post
    I don't see how Happ could play much against LHP. If Bote hit LHP, we wouldn't even have to think about it.

NC would be in LF. AA in CF. JH in RF.
    I meant CF...
    Just feel NC will obviously start in LF, Heyward will play mainly because of defense in RF, and I just think theyll ride Happ while he going good and use Almora late for defense now
    Last edited by chibears55; 08-08-2019 at 11:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rcal10 View Post
    I think the point is, the pitching is not very good on the road too. That also has to be better. With good pitching, 4 runs should win a game. And they have scored 4 in several of those 9 games they played the last trip. And going back to the start of the season and the bad trip to start, they also scored plenty.
    No doubt the pitching needs to be much better on the road.

Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post
    I meant CF...
    Just feel NC will obviously start in LF, Heyward will play mainly because of defense in RF, and I just think theyll ride Happ while he going good and use Almora late for defense now
    I think for now, against lefties, Happ will play. He will play either 2nd or center. Not sure why Bote gets the start and Almora is considered strictly for defense late. Haven't seen much from Bote either. I think Joe plays whoever he thinks has the best chance based onwho is the starting pitcher. Or, if he wants a defensive team AA will start in center and Happ at 2nd.

Almora had the 3 hit game against Milwaukee recently, hit the big go ahead HR. He looks to be having better at bats, he should get an occasional start. Happ has swung the bat well lately and should get more looks but we all know he can easily go into a funk. Joe will match them up

Quote Originally Posted by Salvaged Ship View Post
    Almora had the 3 hit game against Milwaukee recently, hit the big go ahead HR. He looks to be having better at bats, he should get an occasional start. Happ has swung the bat well lately and should get more looks but we all know he can easily go into a funk. Joe will match them up
    The better argument to be made with Almora is track record and the fact that he's had BABIP problems all year which are probably a big reason he's underperformed so much. But prior to this year, he'd always been a steady role player type in the past and we really don't have anyone who's so much better than him that he shouldn't be getting starts. Especially vs LHP. Our defense is much better with him in the game too, so there's that.

Like lots of guys we brought up, he's certainly not the guy we wanted him to be, and the days of hoping he'll be something more someday have come and passed, but there's a spot on a team for an Albert Almora.

Overall, agree Joe will continue to play the matchups with guys like him, as he should.
    Last edited by La_bibbers; 08-08-2019 at 12:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    The better argument to be made with Almora is track record and the fact that he's had BABIP problems all year which are probably a big reason he's underperformed so much. But prior to this year, he'd always been a steady role player type in the past and we really don't have anyone who's so much better than him that he shouldn't be getting starts. Especially vs LHP. Our defense is much better with him in the game too, so there's that.

Like lots of guys we brought up, he's certainly not the guy we wanted him to be, and the days of hoping he'll be something more someday have come and passed, but there's a spot on a team for an Albert Almora.

Overall, agree Joe will continue to play the matchups with guys like him, as he should.
    I think his BABIP problems is because he has a poor soft contact%. He always his whole career but 24% is the lowest it's been.

Quote Originally Posted by ILMindState View Post
    I think his BABIP problems is because he has a poor soft contact%. He always his whole career but 24% is the lowest it's been.
    It's a piece of it, but I don't put much stock in batted ball stats and I don't believe it's the difference between him being the .330 BABIP guy he's been in the past to the .260 guy he is now. For now, I'll put more stock in the 900-1000 plate appearances before this year than the 325 from this year.

When are we going to start the Cubs versus Reds thread?

Quote Originally Posted by rcal10 View Post
    When are we going to start the Cubs versus Reds thread?
    Iíll get one up in a min or two

2016 World Series Champions!!!

Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 34424344