Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 43 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 641
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Bloomington, IL
    Posts
    4,529

    8/2-8/4: Brewers (57-53) at Cubs (57-51) Get Back On Track IGT





    Milwaukee Brewers vs Chicago Cubs
    (57-53)(57-51)

    Location: Wrigley Field



    Pitching Matchups

    8/2 @ 1:20 PM
    Zach Davies (8-4, 3.56 ERA) vs Jose Quintana (8-7, 4.47 ERA)

    8/3 @ 1:20 PM

    Gio Gonzalez (2-1, 3.48 ERA) vs Cole Hamels (6-3, 2.98 ERA


    8/4 @ 1:20 PM

    Adrian Houser (4-4, 3.99 ERA) vs Yu Darvish (3-5, 4.46 ERA)


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    3,992
    The starting lineup for the 1st win of a long winning streak..
    No more fukn around

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    83,354
    We need to go on a decent little run, something to the tune of 7 out of the next 10 or something.

    #DingerSZN
    #AllenWatch
    End of Season Stats
    .542AVG/.562OBP/.889SLG/1.451OPS/21RBIs/3Dingers(1 grand slam)
    Selected to All-Conference Team
    Selected First Team All-District Team
    Selected First Team All-Region Team

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    2,043
    I feel a win today. Put all the negativity behind us and go play some good ball


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    129
    I personally have 0 confidence in this team and would not be surprised if they end up in 3rd place by the end of the weekend. Just my gut feeling fueled by utter frustration. I mean címon...hit the damn ball!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Los Angeles County, CA
    Posts
    44,471
    It'll be interesting to see the adjustments Davies makes today and our counter-adjustments.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    3,838
    Thereís no place like home.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    129
    Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    It'll be interesting to see the adjustments Davies makes today and our counter-adjustments.
    I havenít seen this offense make any adjustments, period. Regardless of the pitcher, count, or game situation.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    558
    Quote Originally Posted by TranZella View Post
    I personally have 0 confidence in this team and would not be surprised if they end up in 3rd place by the end of the weekend. Just my gut feeling fueled by utter frustration. I mean címon...hit the damn ball!
    100 percent agree with you and my confidence in them is gone too. 3 runs total in 3 games at the cards and if you take away the Schwarber game in Milwaukee the cubs didnít score more than 4 runs in any game on the trip, hell if you take away Schwarber in that Sunday game at Milwaukee they still
    Didnít score more than 4 the entire road trip. Bryant has been garbage since tweaking his knee and Iím sure his batting stance doesnít help the knee any

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    558
    Quote Originally Posted by TranZella View Post
    I havenít seen this offense make any adjustments, period. Regardless of the pitcher, count, or game situation.
    Nope and thatís why I read a rival scout say they are so easy to game plan against since they all follow the same approach

  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    869
    They're a different team at home. They just played .334 ball on the road. Basically who they've been all year. Let's hope they keep playing .667 at home

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    129
    Quote Originally Posted by TN-cub35 View Post
    Nope and thatís why I read a rival scout say they are so easy to game plan against since they all follow the same approach
    I canít remember if it was a game in 2017 or 2018, but Joe ordered a ďb hackĒ game and it was a sight for sore eyes. They were knocking base hits all over the field, it was beautiful. Hell, going back to game 4 of the Ď16 NLCS...offense was struggling and Zobrist dropped down a bunt single. It was like an enema for the offense. Do something...anything to put pressure on the opposing pitcher/defense. Somethingís gotta give!
    Last edited by TranZella; 08-02-2019 at 12:37 PM. Reason: Typo

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    328
    Quote Originally Posted by TN-cub35 View Post
    Nope and thatís why I read a rival scout say they are so easy to game plan against since they all follow the same approach
    I believe that, especially when Bryant strikes out 3 times a game and Baez swings at the same junk in the dirt and in the other batters box.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    129
    Quote Originally Posted by AlCapone87 View Post
    I believe that, especially when Bryant strikes out 3 times a game and Baez swings at the same junk in the dirt and in the other batters box.
    And the entire lineup canít lay off the high fastball. Not to mention how obvious it is when theyíre guessing wrong, which is a lot.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    328
    Quote Originally Posted by TranZella View Post
    And the entire lineup canít lay off the high fastball. Not to mention how obvious it is when theyíre guessing wrong, which is a lot.
    Exactly, with the guys in our lineup itís a joke that we arenít better. Their approach at the plate is really bad.

Page 1 of 43 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •