Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    It does matter. If our top prospects dont pan out for us, that 100% matters. Dont sit there and tell me what I'm saying, I know what I'm saying but it doesnt fit your narrative, not my problem
    You literally said, our prospects don't pan out.

Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    Our top prospects dont seem to pan out.

None of this matters, but if you meant to say they don't pan out for us, then say that. Our prospects have done plenty for us, and after we have traded them away.

Your comment was in a quote that said Gorman should be traded because our prospects don't pan out.

You absolutely switched what you were saying. Again, doesn't matter, but it's not my narrative.

You still haven't given a legitimate reasoning for wanting to trade Gorman.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    He said our prospects don't pan out. These guys all developed here.

well thats just a back loaded, stupid statement. if you are going to say we developed them, then we also drove them off the cliff with our development at this level. it works both ways. weaver and piscotty fell off a cliff, were traded and rebounded...the new organization get the credit not us.

producing for us over a very small window is an asinine way to say we got a win with these players.

you know what he meant, and you are just arguing to argue.

panning out is a universal definition of development, being called up and producing for the big league club for years.

did they develop in our system? yes

did they pan out here and have years of success? no

dejong is a lot like wong. ups and downs..

took wong years to figure something out and hes still streaky today

dejong seems to be better

wong has had a servicable career here. nobody is going to say he panned out. his minor league numbers are way better than his mlb numbers and he hasnt come close to his projection.

Quote Originally Posted by Farty Farts View Post
    well thats just a back loaded, stupid statement. if you are going to say we developed them, then we also drove them off the cliff with our development at this level. it works both ways. weaver and piscotty fell off a cliff, were traded and rebounded...the new organization get the credit not us.

producing for us over a very small window is an asinine way to say we got a win with these players.

you know what he meant, and you are just arguing to argue.

panning out is a universal definition of development, being called up and producing for the big league club for years.

did they develop in our system? yes

did they pan out here and have years of success? no

dejong is a lot like wong. ups and downs..

took wong years to figure something out and hes still streaky today

dejong seems to be better

wong has had a servicable career here. nobody is going to say he panned out. his minor league numbers are way better than his mlb numbers and he hasnt come close to his projection.
    All great prospects aren't done and finished developing at 24 years old. It takes time for players to reach their potential.

Kolten Wong was being compared to Todd Walker with a better glove, which is exactly what he has become.
    https://www.minorleagueball.com/2011...pects-for-2012
    Last edited by Jeffy25; 08-13-2019 at 02:06 AM.

Kolten Wong, 2B, Grade B+. Pure hitter with few weaknesses and won't need long in the minors. Possible outcome: Todd Walker with a much better glove

Few weaknesses? Yea right. At times his bat is completely gone. Power is a huge weakness, hitting the ball the other way is a huge weakness. Career batting of .257 and ob or 329 is not good. He has not panned out.

Shelby miller didnt pan out, anthony reyes didnt pan out. Weaver, kelly, Jenkins, alex reyes, Stephen piscotty, delvin Perez, the other Perez. The list goes on and on.

If Alex Reyes would have been included in a deal, we could have been sitting with Bellinger. If Weaver would have been included instead of Gallen, and Bader instead of Sierra, we would have been sitting with Yellich. Instead? We have Goldy to show for those prospects and Ozuna, who will be leaving.

Could have had a top of the line up of

Carp
    DeJong
    Yellich
    Bellinger

That's pretty ridiculous, but we probably would have ruined them too.

I say trade Gorman because we can get a **** ton for him. He has a high ceiling, but he has a very low floor also. Our guys tend to reach their floor, not their ceiling.

QB-Lock
    RB-Montgomery
    WR-AJ Brown, Hakeem Butler
    TE-TJ Hockenson
    Edge-Allen
    LB-Devon White, Blake Cashman
    CB-Joejuan Williams
    S-Dieonte Thompson

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567