Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 81 of 95 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 1425
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I think they are selling it like getting the AR banned will fix the issue and I call BS on that. If they want to get the AR, fine, but don't kid your constituents into thinking it will make ANY difference at all.
    Can you show me anything where anyone has said that banning an AR will solve guns in America? I think you are extrapolating their intent based on your personal beliefs on gun control.

You also don't seem to realize the issue they are trying to solve is mass shootings, not all gun related deaths. By that measure, saying it won't make ANY difference is pretty asinine.

Beto did an AMA on reddit yesterday and someone asked him how he would confiscate millions of AR 15s and the ****ing moron actually said "because they will comply."

His response was like -15,000.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    Beto did an AMA on reddit yesterday and someone asked him how he would confiscate millions of AR 15s and the ****ing moron actually said "because they will comply."

His response was like -15,000.
    Well Beto is never going to get the chance to take everyone's AR-15...but Colt is stopping manufacturing them. So no new ones will be able to be used. That's a small step but a good one.
    Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

Colt's not the only manufacturer and that thing is flying off the shelves right now.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    Colt's not the only manufacturer and that thing is flying off the shelves right now.
    I wonder how much mine has increased in value since his debacle.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I wonder how much mine has increased in value since his debacle.
    None, it's a huge buyer's market. If anyone has ever had passing interest you should buy one now, all you need is about $350.

Can you show me anything where anyone has said that banning an AR will solve guns in America? I think you are extrapolating their intent based on your personal beliefs on gun control.

You also don't seem to realize the issue they are trying to solve is mass shootings, not all gun related deaths. By that measure, saying it won't make ANY difference is pretty asinine.
    How will taking AR-15s away even make a dent in the number of mass shootings?

1. Mass shootings are certainly not all done by AR-15s.
    2. Mass shooters will choose a different legal gun.

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    He got that from you always playing apologist for the racist perspective

Where else bro?
    Where have I done that?

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Well Beto is never going to get the chance to take everyone's AR-15...but Colt is stopping manufacturing them. So no new ones will be able to be used. That's a small step but a good one.
    So they can still buy:
    Barrett REC7
    Bushmaster XM-15
    Carbon 15
    Colt AR-15
    Daniel Defense DDM4
    DPMS Panther Arms Tactical Rifle
    Heckler & Koch MR556
    Lewis Machine & Tool Company CQB16
    LWRC International IC series
    Mossberg MMR Tactical
    Olympic Arms K series
    Palmetto State Armory
    Patriot Ordnance Factory rifles and carbines
    Remington R5 RGP
    Rock River Arms LAR-15
    Ruger SR-556
    Savage Arms MSR-15
    SIG Sauer SIG516
    SIG Sauer SIGM400
    Smith & Wesson M&P15
    Stag Arms STAG-15
    Taurus T4SA
    Wilson Combat Tactical Rifle

And many others.

How will taking AR-15s away even make a dent in the number of mass shootings?

1. Mass shootings are certainly not all done by AR-15s.
    2. Mass shooters will choose a different legal gun.
    I see your confusion, you seem to believe that they are literally only focused on the AR 15. AR 15 is a stand in for "assault rifles" in general.

Like when someone talks about Jacuzzi's, they usually don't mean that specific brand but all hot tubs in general.

I see your confusion, you seem to believe that they are literally only focused on the AR 15. AR 15 is a stand in for "assault rifles" in general.

Like when someone talks about Jacuzzi's, they usually don't mean that specific brand but all hot tubs in general.
    Which brings us back around to the definition of an "assault rifle", and the fact that around 2% of violent deaths are by rifles.

Which brings us back around to the definition of an "assault rifle", and the fact that around 2% of violent deaths are by rifles.
    Which brings us back around to the goal being to stop or minimize mass shootings with this specific piece of legislation, not reduce all gun related deaths.

I don't think you are understanding the position. You do realize everyone who wants to ban assault rifles also wants other pieces of legislation that would reduce overall gun deaths right? Like, you get this point. Because I don't think you do. You keep harping on one specific solution that is being proposed in conjunction with a myriad of other ones that collectively will reduce deaths both by mass shootings and by firearms overall.

Which brings us back around to the goal being to stop or minimize mass shootings with this specific piece of legislation, not reduce all gun related deaths.

I don't think you are understanding the position. You do realize everyone who wants to ban assault rifles also wants other pieces of legislation that would reduce overall gun deaths right? Like, you get this point. Because I don't think you do. You keep harping on one specific solution that is being proposed in conjunction with a myriad of other ones that collectively will reduce deaths both by mass shootings and by firearms overall.
    I get it, and I don't think anything I've seen will have a significant effect. I'd like to see an actual law proposed that I could read, and maybe I'd agree then that it will work.

I get it, and I don't think anything I've seen will have a significant effect. I'd like to see an actual law proposed that I could read, and maybe I'd agree then that it will work.
    What do you think would work? Because all this seems like a round about way of you saying nothing works so let's not do anything.

What do you think would work? Because all this seems like a round about way of you saying nothing works so let's not do anything.
    I don't really know short of taking all guns away. Maybe make it cost $20 a month per gun to maintain a license for a firearm? That would certainly reduce the number on the street and make connecting them to a person much more reliable. But I doubt that would pass. My issue with politicians talking about gun control is that it's been decades since I've seen a proposed law that had any chance of having any effect, so why get behind them?

Page 81 of 95 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast