Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 42 of 57 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Well, to re-iterate……

Many minorities spend a great deal ot time looking to be offended and…ta da… they often feel they are.

Do you disagree with this point? If so, and I assume you do, ask friends that may work in the service sector.

Better still…if you know any police officers, ask them if they feel a need to be more careful when dealing with minorities. If you ask the cops in NYC, offer them a towel to dry off first.
    Get a broom

Lift up the rug

Sweep quietly

………If you don't think this goes on "on the job" you are delirious. And the Chief knows it too.
    First para……Well great. We can agree on this point. Jocko.

Second para…what you are describing is pretty much in the past. I don't know of anyone that treats minorities any differently than they treat themselves or their so called peers. No one person. Of course, if one spends all their time looking to be slighted, chances are (in their mind) they will be slighted.

And for the record…I hate basketball.
    Think so????

Look at all the videos you see on line and in the news? Cops usually approach people and go to extremes to be polite. This is drilled into them. It is almost always the people they encounter that begin by giving the cops a hard time and things deteriorate from there. *(I did see one or two videos where the cops were at fault.)

Case in point…the Yale professor incident

Case in point…the water incidents in NYC

Bigger case in point… the Michael Brown incident. All the cop did with Michael Brown is ask him to get out of the middle of the street. All Brown had to do was go walk on the sidewalk. And look what happened. This tuig's attitude led to a neighborhood being trashed.

There are hundreds of thousands of police/civilian encounters every year. i am sure that some of the police are at fault. But this is an extreme minority of incidents. Extreme.

Keep in mind…thew cops want to go home to their families every night just like everyone else.
    Huh?

Think so????

Look at all the videos you see on line and in the news? Cops usually approach people and go to extremes to be polite. This is drilled into them. It is almost always the people they encounter that begin by giving the cops a hard time and things deteriorate from there. *(I did see one or two videos where the cops were at fault.)

Case in point…the Yale professor incident

Case in point…the water incidents in NYC

Bigger case in point… the Michael Brown incident. All the cop did with Michael Brown is ask him to get out of the middle of the street. All Brown had to do was go walk on the sidewalk. And look what happened. This tuig's attitude led to a neighborhood being trashed.

There are hundreds of thousands of police/civilian encounters every year. i am sure that some of the police are at fault. But this is an extreme minority of incidents. Extreme.

Keep in mind…thew cops want to go home to their families every night just like everyone else.
    The take away here is that the few cops who do bad do not destroy the reputation of cops in general but the few minorities who do bad absolutely destroy the reputation of minorities in general.

18 year old kid arrested in Ohio with over 10,000 rounds and weapons including an AR-15 and making threats to federal law enforcement.

Two things: While I harp on “train, test, license, insure, register” I think maybe a very high age limit on high capacity and high fire rate assault weapons is needed, in addition to a special class of license.

Not sure how many people here shoot. The AR-15 is fun if you’re a responsible gun owner. It is also so not in the same class as other semi-automatics and just can’t be so accessible to an angry 18 year old. Sure you can kill with a shotgun or bolt action rifle, but the damage is nowhere near the same and at this point if we’re not going to try and stop all deaths let’s at least minimize the number.

The bigger issue is what’s at the root of all this. Why are there so many angry young white guys? We know some terrorists have extreme religious beliefs they act on, but a lot of these angry young guys...I don’t get it. The manifestos, the hate blasted all over the internet until they act it in real life.

It’s not Trump. He can tap into emotions of his base but that’s not what this is. It’s not movies and video games, plenty of countries have violent entertainment and no mass shootings at our rate.

So what is it? I heard one person lay out the effects of our new social media culture on narcissism and tying it to this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First para……Well great. We can agree on this point. Jocko.

Second para…what you are describing is pretty much in the past. I don't know of anyone that treats minorities any differently than they treat themselves or their so called peers. No one person. Of course, if one spends all their time looking to be slighted, chances are (in their mind) they will be slighted.

And for the record…I hate basketball.
    as with many conservatives, you believing racism, and the suppression of blacks, is in the past, is why you will continue to be misguided. You can't just change laws on paper (while not enforcing equally), and expect what took generations to suppress to be fixed overnight.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Simple solution. Those gentle old folks who work as Wal-Mart greeters need to start packing (along with schoolteachers, rabbis, ministers, imams, and garlic farmers).

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    as with many conservatives, you believing racism, and the suppression of blacks, is in the past, is why you will continue to be misguided. You can't just change laws on paper (while not enforcing equally), and expect what took generations to suppress to be fixed overnight.
    50+ years of programs, laws, ideas, set asides, equal opportunities, court hearings, deals etc. untold amounts of expenditures, and things have gotten worse for minorities (whatever "minorities" are).

And I'm the one who is misguided.

Quote Originally Posted by benny01 View Post
    Huh?
    Whuuut!

50+ years of programs, laws, ideas, set asides, equal opportunities, court hearings, deals etc. untold amounts of expenditures, and things have gotten worse for minorities (whatever "minorities" are).

Yes, it is worse for minorities now than it was during "separate but equal".

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Wow. Imagine being this delusional. And I imagine one who believes this stance also believes this continued separation falls on the shoulders of the whites (and not self accountability within said culture)?
    Last edited by tredigs; 08-14-2019 at 02:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    Wow. Imagine being this delusional.
    Imagine not understanding sarcasm.

Imagine not understanding sarcasm.
    OK phew. I have only been sparsely following this thread because it is too ripe with charged rhetoric and misnomers to have a rational conversation, but this sentiment felt right in line with some of the current dialogue (albeit objectively stupid and beyond defense so thank God you're kidding).

Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    OK phew. I have only been sparsely following this thread because it is too ripe with charged rhetoric and misnomers to have a rational conversation, but this sentiment felt right in line with some of the current dialogue (albeit objectively stupid and beyond defense so thank God you're kidding).
    I was kidding, but sadly the person I was responding to was not:

Separate but equal was overturned a long time ago and rightly so.

But look at the results of all the legislation since then in minority commuities……

Total decline of family

Decline of education levels

Absurd out of wedlock birthrate

Absurd rate of abortion

Higher rates of incarceration

Far more welfare and public assistance than ever before

All of the opportunity has been there to make great strides forward and it hasn't happened.

But I'm delusional.

Separate but equal was overturned a long time ago and rightly so.

But look at the results of all the legislation since then in minority commuities……

Total decline of family

Decline of education levels

Absurd out of wedlock birthrate

Absurd rate of abortion

Higher rates of incarceration

Far more welfare and public assistance than ever before

All of the opportunity has been there to make great strides forward and it hasn't happened.

But I'm delusional.
    Separate but equal first started being overturned in 1954. You said 50+ years ago. That is at the latest 1969. So apparently black people only had it good in this country for 15 years...

As for your examples:

Decline of education level: That is factually incorrect. More black people are literate, have graduated high school, have graduated college, and have advanced degrees than 50 years ago...

Absurd rate of abortion: Well considering 50 years ago abortion wasn't even legal everywhere, yeah there's more abortions now that it's legal.

Higher rates of incarceration: Compared to when? The rate for blacks incarcerated has always been drastically higher.

But I think the bolded sums up your sentiments and they can be rephrased as such: sounds like black people suck.

That's basically what you're trying to get at.

I don't believe most of the people saying that the term racist has lost it's meaning every really cared much about racism anyway so it hasn't been a huge paradigm shift. It's not like conservatives were totally concerned with racism towards minorities until everyone started using the term.
    Pretty much this.

The people saying it lost its meaning never put weight on its meaning to begin with.
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Page 42 of 57 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast