Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

The Iggy Exception

We have a 17 million exception. Do we use it or lose it?

The only players we can get are going to be worse than their contract so they are unlikely to be any kind of game changing players because we want a player to come in and all we want to send out is nothing.

not sure the warriors would even consider going back into luxury unless it was a clear difference maker being brought in..... which seems extremely unlikely

Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    not sure the warriors would even consider going back into luxury unless it was a clear difference maker being brought in..... which seems extremely unlikely
    They are already in luxury tax.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    They are already in luxury tax.
    i thought all the cutting of livingstons salary and unloading iggy was to get below

Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    i thought all the cutting of livingstons salary and unloading iggy was to get below
    Because of the sign and trade they got locked into a hard cap they cannot exceed, but that level is still over the cap.

The cap is $109M, the luxury tax is $132M, the Warriors are hard capped at $138.9M, and they are juuuuuust shy of $138.8M last I looked.

Their tax bill this year went from a projected $175M down to about $15M this year though.

In addition, Green signing his contract now rather than next off-season saved them around $230M too.
    Last edited by Scoots; 08-04-2019 at 10:41 PM.