Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cheetos185 View Post
    So Knicks will pay dsj portis randle knox all in 2-3 years?

Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk
    cheets please don't take this the wrong way, WHAT?

Did Russell not play allstar level so the Nets could be in position to get two max players? Yes it helps if these guys do play well for us, that has nothing to do with being paid or even keeping them, but as much as your on the FO, at least the Knicks have that option.

Yes it's called flexibility, and it's about time, unless you prefer the Noah, Afflalo, Lee, Timmy signings where your locked in and Timmy had a no trade and players option lol...

As much as you complain this was a huge step in the right direction.......

Quote Originally Posted by SK6 View Post
    If DSJ develops a jump shot he's an All Star level player yet some of the guys have DSJ way down on their lists of Potent prospects. DSJ has good court vision, makes good passes, can manage the PnR, is a solid defender, can breakdown a defense but doesn't play out of control, has Elite Athleticism so is always a lob threat yet there are a few people who have him way down on their lists.

As of right now Mitch is an elite level shot blocker that's a shot deterrent and a lob threat on offense.
    Agreed dsj potential can be up their 2 but imo mitch rj knox all have a higher ceiling

Quote Originally Posted by cheetos185 View Post
    So Knicks will pay dsj portis randle knox all in 2-3 years?

Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk
    I don't think anyone of them will be here in 3 years after the new regime comes in..

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    cheets please don't take this the wrong way, WHAT?

Did Russell not play allstar level so the Nets could be in position to get two max players? Yes it helps if these guys do play well for us, that has nothing to do with being paid or even keeping them, but as much as your on the FO, at least the Knicks have that option.

Yes it's called flexibility, and it's about time, unless you prefer the Noah, Afflalo, Lee, Timmy signings where your locked in and Timmy had a no trade and players option lol...

As much as you complain this was a huge step in the right direction.......
    On top of that we have bird rights on all of them so if they are all worth keeping and they are winning we can go over the cap to keep them in house like GS did with their in house talent for years. Let's all be honest... Nobody thought Steph, Klay or Draymond would be who they are now in their first 3 years in the NBA!

When you put a bunch of young hungry talent together and they have chemistry, everyone looks good and they win. That should be Fiz goal with this group of players. I like Morris and Taj and I believe Payton and Portis are keepers as backups maybe long term, but the emphasis should be on building chemistry between DSJ, RJ, Knox, Randle, Mitch and Trier/Iggy.

Quote Originally Posted by Knicks Boogie View Post
    On top of that we have bird rights on all of them so if they are all worth keeping and they are winning we can go over the cap to keep them in house like GS did with their in house talent for years. Let's all be honest... Nobody thought Steph, Klay or Draymond would be who they are now in their first 3 years in the NBA!

When you put a bunch of young hungry talent together and they have chemistry, everyone looks good and they win. That should be Fiz goal with this group of players. I like Morris and Taj and I believe Payton and Portis are keepers as backups maybe long term, but the emphasis should be on building chemistry between DSJ, RJ, Knox, Randle, Mitch and Trier/Iggy.
    Actually we have Bird rights on none of the FA's and will only have Randle if he makes it to year three, if you were talking about the FA's.

We won't know what we have actually till after the trade deadline. We did overpay for these kind of contracts with team options so I'm not sure the Knicks are planning keeping many of them unless a guy like Portis really shows development.

We bomb out this year and no PG steps up you can bet we are drafting a PG unless there is a Zion out there.

Actually we have Bird rights on none of the FA's and will only have Randle if he makes it to year three, if you were talking about the FA's.

We won't know what we have actually till after the trade deadline. We did overpay for these kind of contracts with team options so I'm not sure the Knicks are planning keeping many of them unless a guy like Portis really shows development.

We bomb out this year and no PG steps up you can bet we are drafting a PG unless there is a Zion out there.
    We actually signed them for 2 years meaning we got bird rights

Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post
    We actually signed them for 2 years meaning we got bird rights
    I think it's 3 years bro

Quote Originally Posted by SoulBrotha View Post
    I think it's 3 years bro
    Your kinda right its technically start of the 3rd year but after the 2nd is over

The only person bird we dont got is morris who imo was the best player we signed

Your kinda right its technically start of the 3rd year but after the 2nd is over

The only person bird we dont got is morris who imo was the best player we signed
    technically no.......which Bird rights?

Full Bird rights are after the 3rd season......so no we don't have anyone unless we keep Randle.

Early Bird is the player must play 2 full seasons which means we have to keep them but can only give them an increase of 130%, all other teams can give the same player up to max monies.

So realize having early bird rights on most of the FA's gives us no advantage

There is also no advantage in years for Early Bird rights it's a max of 4 with or without......so not much advantage to Early Bird rights......and that also means the players full salary + 130% counts against the cap unless we renounce him, so it actually can hurt, you can't count his 2nd year salary it expired, so the cap hold kicks in.

So I go back to we only have one players Full Bird rights which is Randle if he pans out for us.....the others can be resigned but Knicks have to be locked to him and that player say Portis for example turns out to be a gem he will look for big pay day and become a UFA and forget the 130% increase.
    Last edited by still a fan; 08-11-2019 at 07:00 PM.

technically no.......which Bird rights?

Full Bird rights are after the 3rd season......so no we don't have anyone unless we keep Randle.

Early Bird is the player must play 2 full seasons which means we have to keep them but can only give them an increase of 130%, all other teams can give the same player up to max monies.

So realize having early bird rights on most of the FA's gives us no advantage

There is also no advantage in years for Early Bird rights it's a max of 4 with or without......so not much advantage to Early Bird rights......and that also means the players full salary + 130% counts against the cap unless we renounce him, so it actually can hurt, you can't count his 2nd year salary it expired, so the cap hold kicks in.

So I go back to we only have one players Full Bird rights which is Randle if he pans out for us.....the others can be resigned but Knicks have to be locked to him and that player say Portis for example turns out to be a gem he will look for big pay day and become a UFA and forget the 130% increase.
    Well easy solution if we wanted full bird just pick up the team option on year 2 and then sign them to 1 year deals

Randle is the main guy we want Bird rights on anyway. If he really blows up next season and becomes a perennial allstar while in New York then this signing will look a total steal.

Morris, Taj, Ellington and Bullock are definitely not long term options although they are all good veterans to have for now.

The only Free Agents I think that will stick long term are Payton and Portis other than Randle.
    Last edited by Knicks Boogie; 08-12-2019 at 08:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Knicks Boogie View Post
    Randle is the main guy we want Bird rights on anyway. If he really blows up next season and becomes a perennial allstar while in New York then this signing will look a total steal.

Morris, Taj, Ellington and Bullock are definitely not long term options although they are all good veterans to have for now.

The only Free Agents I think that will stick long term are Payton and Portis.
    I predict a big year for randle and dsj idk about portis and payton

But if bullock comes back healthy he's a keeper along with taj and morris

I predict a big year for randle and dsj idk about portis and payton

But if bullock comes back healthy he's a keeper along with taj and morris
    Only reason I said Payton and Portis are because they are both still under 25 and both are good role players off the bench in positions of need. The rest of the Veterans are older and will seek to be with teams closer to competing for a title. I'd rather keep Dotson long term over Bullock. I'd rather keep Frank over Ellington and the FO should draft another young Center to replace Taj or give Wooten a shot on the main roster next season.

why are we talking about bird rights in '21? We literally have ONE player under contract that year...lol. RJ... that's it... which is why I didn't get the refusal to go after guys that were in demand and commanded 4 year deals like Brogs & Dlo. we won't have bird rights on any of these guys but if we wanted to keep them we can resign with cap space.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    why are we talking about bird rights in '21? We literally have ONE player under contract that year...lol. RJ... that's it... which is why I didn't get the refusal to go after guys that were in demand and commanded 4 year deals like Brogs & Dlo. we won't have bird rights on any of these guys but if we wanted to keep them we can resign with cap space.
    Let's keep it real though. You, nor anyone else in the Knicks universe, were talking about or even considering Brogs as an option before we knew Kev didn't want us and by then, it was too late. Personally, Im happy we didn't invest in Brogs cause I don't think we should give max deals to anyone before we find that A number 1 lead distributor/player maker

Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast