Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 29 of 34 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast
Results 421 to 435 of 510
  1. #421
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    45,678
    Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    When RJ Barrett was asked who he wanted to posterize the most, his answer was, "Let's go with PORZINGIS"

    That's why I F'n love this kid. He just gets it.
    The 2019-20 NBA regular season begins Oct. 23 for the Knicks against the San Antonio Spurs, but RJ Barrett might have his calendar circled for Nov. 8 when New York plays the Dallas Mavericks.

    In a Monday AMA with Bleacher Report, the No. 3 overall pick by the Knicks in June's draft was asked whom he would want to posterize -- among all-time and current players -- if given the chance.

    Barrett went with a rather recent and well-known figure for Knicks fan, name dropping former New York power forward Kristaps Porzingis, who spent three-plus years at Madison Square Garden.



    "Let's go with Porzingis," Barrett said, according to Bleacher Report.

    Traded to the Mavericks from the Knicks on Jan. 31, the 7-foot-3 Porzingis is recovering from a torn ACL in his left knee. He has not played since Feb. 6, 2018, when the injury occurred against the Milwaukee Bucks.

    Barrett's comment could have been for fun, the one-and-done product from Duke has fully embraced the Knicks since they drafted him June 21. The 6-foot-7 wing has Rooke of the Year aspirations in mind as the Knicks rebuild under second-year head coach David Fizdale.

  2. #422
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    571
    1. RJ Barrett
    2. Mitch

    ...


    ...


    that is it

  3. #423
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    9,494
    Nasty Bench Squad:

    Payton
    Trier
    Iggy
    Morris
    Portis

    This team will get buckets.

  4. #424
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    45,678
    Ian Begley, SNY.tv | Twitter |

    A few days ahead of his first NBA training camp, Knicks rookie Ignas Brazdeikis sat down with SNY to talk about basketball, his upbringing, and how he's adjusting to life in New York so far.

    Brazdeikis, selected 47th in the 2019 NBA Draft, says he isn't looking to prove any doubters wrong in his first season in the league.

    "I'm just here to prove myself right," he says. "I don't really care about anyone else, proving them wrong, whatever. I know who I am, I know how good I am, and I know how much I can help this team. I'm going to prove it, I'm going to do my thing. And I don't hold anything against anyone (who may have overlooked him). It what it is, but I'm definitely ready to go."



    Brazdeikis played well in Summer League and will have a chance to earn a rotation spot during training camp and preseason. But he'll face significant competition -- New York has several players vying for minutes at Brazdeikis' positions.

    The 6-foot-7 forward has said in the past that he expects to be the best player on the floor whenever he sets foot on it. And he's entering his rookie season with the same mindset.

    Here, Brazdeikis talks about where that inner confidence/competitive spark comes from, why he likes the idea of being New York's villain, MMA training with his father, Sigis, scrimmages with the Knicks, and more.


    https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=752781525165226

  5. #425
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    9,494
    Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    Ian Begley, SNY.tv | Twitter |

    A few days ahead of his first NBA training camp, Knicks rookie Ignas Brazdeikis sat down with SNY to talk about basketball, his upbringing, and how he's adjusting to life in New York so far.

    Brazdeikis, selected 47th in the 2019 NBA Draft, says he isn't looking to prove any doubters wrong in his first season in the league.

    "I'm just here to prove myself right," he says. "I don't really care about anyone else, proving them wrong, whatever. I know who I am, I know how good I am, and I know how much I can help this team. I'm going to prove it, I'm going to do my thing. And I don't hold anything against anyone (who may have overlooked him). It what it is, but I'm definitely ready to go."



    Brazdeikis played well in Summer League and will have a chance to earn a rotation spot during training camp and preseason. But he'll face significant competition -- New York has several players vying for minutes at Brazdeikis' positions.

    The 6-foot-7 forward has said in the past that he expects to be the best player on the floor whenever he sets foot on it. And he's entering his rookie season with the same mindset.

    Here, Brazdeikis talks about where that inner confidence/competitive spark comes from, why he likes the idea of being New York's villain, MMA training with his father, Sigis, scrimmages with the Knicks, and more.


    https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=752781525165226
    This kid will be one of the best players on this team in no time at all. He's already more skilled than almost everyone not including Trier and Randle. He should start at the SG but of course that would be too punishing to ego's but he's the best candidate outside of Trier.

  6. #426
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    45,678
    Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    This kid will be one of the best players on this team in no time at all. He's already more skilled than almost everyone not including Trier and Randle. He should start at the SG but of course that would be too punishing to ego's but he's the best candidate outside of Trier.
    I think we all like Iggy, but also feel many won't simply crown him that level yet. Let's see how things unfold in camp, but I love his attitude for a young rookie that he feels he is the best on the court now show it.

    We have three good soph's from last years rookie class and we have two guys that have great self expectations and pride so it's going to be one fun camp.

  7. #427
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    9,494
    Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    I think we all like Iggy, but also feel many won't simply crown him that level yet. Let's see how things unfold in camp, but I love his attitude for a young rookie that he feels he is the best on the court now show it.

    We have three good soph's from last years rookie class and we have two guys that have great self expectations and pride so it's going to be one fun camp.
    Come on. You know skill when you see it. Not one of our options at SG has the versatility that Iggy has. Not Dot, Not Ellington, and not RJ. The pro game is very different from college and RJ isn't going to bully his way to the hoop anymore. In the pro's, its very tough to play the SG spot like a PF and it's even harder when shooting isn't your specialty.

    Ellington is about as one dimensional as Dot and RJ simply isn't skilled enough with his burst, ball handle, quickness, or shooting. He just needs time.

    Iggy's game is ready NOW.

  8. #428
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    45,678
    Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    Come on. You know skill when you see it. Not one of our options at SG has the versatility that Iggy has. Not Dot, Not Ellington, and not RJ. The pro game is very different from college and RJ isn't going to bully his way to the hoop anymore. In the pro's, its very tough to play the SG spot like a PF and it's even harder when shooting isn't your specialty.

    Ellington is about as one dimensional as Dot and RJ simply isn't skilled enough with his burst, ball handle, quickness, or shooting. He just needs time.

    Iggy's game is ready NOW.

    Again I like Iggy and great draft choice, I was pleased we got him on draft night, but I can wait 5 days to see how he does against this competition, it will be fun and wish we could watch.

  9. #429
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    45,678
    To be honest, the match up I'd love to see is Iggy vs Frank.......

  10. #430
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    9,494
    Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    To be honest, the match up I'd love to see is Iggy vs Frank.......
    Iggy would flat out murder Frank. He has 2 inches and about 30lbs on Frank, has a better inside game, outside game, and handle. No competition.

  11. #431
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    1,344
    Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    Iggy would flat out murder Frank. He has 2 inches and about 30lbs on Frank, has a better inside game, outside game, and handle. No competition.
    Frank would put the clamps on him and RJ

  12. #432
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    9,494
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulBrotha View Post
    Frank would put the clamps on him and RJ
    lmao..If Frank was putting the clamps on anyone, people wouldn't be wondering if he would get any playing time this yr. The guy plays solid D but lets not get crazy.

  13. #433
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    45,678
    Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    Iggy would flat out murder Frank. He has 2 inches and about 30lbs on Frank, has a better inside game, outside game, and handle. No competition.
    well at max it's one inch lol and Frank has a longer reach but I don't think he'd kill Frank to be honest. Frank has good lateral movement so that is why I'd like to see this match up. It's bound to happen.

    Like all camps, players will be interviewed and if someone is stepping up they will be talked about by their teammates.

    There are certain matchups I'd love to see and this would be one of them, RJ and Frank as well.

    Morris vs Knox should be interesting as well. I think Portis will have his hands full being covered by Mitch.

  14. #434
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    9,494
    Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    well at max it's one inch lol and Frank has a longer reach but I don't think he'd kill Frank to be honest. Frank has good lateral movement so that is why I'd like to see this match up. It's bound to happen.

    Like all camps, players will be interviewed and if someone is stepping up they will be talked about by their teammates.

    There are certain matchups I'd love to see and this would be one of them, RJ and Frank as well.

    Morris vs Knox should be interesting as well. I think Portis will have his hands full being covered by Mitch.
    Bro, Frank plays 6 5' on a good day (even his coach said he grew to that height over last summer) and Iggy plays all of 6 7'. Its at least 2 inches. I swear that all of this exaggerating of Frank is getting out of hand. I swear, the kid will be 6 9' in a few more pages of this thread..lmao

    Iggy would bust that *** every day ALL DAY

  15. #435
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    1,344
    Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    Bro, Frank plays 6 5' on a good day (even his coach said he grew to that height over last summer) and Iggy plays all of 6 7'. Its at least 2 inches. I swear that all of this exaggerating of Frank is getting out of hand. I swear, the kid will be 6 9' in a few more pages of this thread..lmao

    Iggy would bust that *** every day ALL DAY
    Lol oh God. It's never dull with you biv

Page 29 of 34 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •