Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 16 of 29 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    yes why else would I post it lol?

With Doncic his Eff was .500, his 3 pt shot was .344 and his Fg was .440

His rookie season and last year with the Knicks did not compete with the above.

https://www.basketball-reference.com...smithde03.html
    Doesn't this kind of make my point? It emphasizes the importance and the difference a playmaker can make for scorers and other players. I know Payton is no Doncic but when it comes to creating for others, Payton is most likely our closest match.

RJ needs to get the ball in the right places as well. I'm not giving him the ball at the top of the key right now and expecting him to create much. Let him grow into that. Besides, he seems to be most effective on the post as well.

We know we don't want Knox trying to create all that much cause his handle and court awareness is still shaky in traffic.

and we know Mitch needs a facilitator. Just sayin..

Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    Doesn't this kind of make my point? It emphasizes the importance and the difference a playmaker can make for scorers and other players. I know Payton is no Doncic but when it comes to creating for others, Payton is most likely our closest match.

RJ needs to get the ball in the right places as well. I'm not giving him the ball at the top of the key right now and expecting him to create much. Let him grow into that. Besides, he seems to be most effective on the post as well.

We know we don't want Knox trying to create all that much cause his handle and court awareness is still shaky in traffic.

and we know Mitch needs a facilitator. Just sayin..
    I think the issue is that we don't agree with the gap between Payton and DSJ and most of us seem to think the added attention DSJ gets from defenses in comparison only adds to it.

Also, the players you keep naming outside of Knox, aren't players that need to be set up. Also, DSJ is a good PnR PG so Mitch will be just fine. Just look at the chemistry DSJ and Jordan had in PnR last year.

The more i think about it morris might be the starting 3 next year idk if knox is ready mainly on defense

Dsj
    Rj
    Morris
    Randle
    Mitch

Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post
    The more i think about it morris might be the starting 3 next year idk if knox is ready mainly on defense

Dsj
    Rj
    Morris
    Randle
    Mitch
    I don't think Morris is a 3. He's small 4 at this point. Besides, this team paid Iggy like a 1st rounder so they'll need to find him minutes behind Knox at the 3.

I see Morris playing back-up 4 or in some line-ups where Randle is playing C.

I don't think Morris is a 3. He's small 4 at this point. Besides, this team paid Iggy like a 1st rounder so they'll need to find him minutes behind Knox at the 3.

He got the rookie minimum and it's only partially guaranteed.

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    He got the rookie minimum and it's only partially guaranteed.
    Wow, I forgot 2nd rounders are making almost a mill or more.

2019 salary is 898K then we have him making 1.5m in year two, then a team option for 1.78 in year three then his QO for 2.2m

They you read posts that the Knicks FO is 100% useless? and us fans are delusional?

Mitch 1.5,1.6,1.8 locked for next three years and the 1.8 is a team option, is that the best team oriented contract in the history of this game or what? I keep saying if that is the definition of delusional count me in lol.

We have bullock locked up for 4m even though he won't play till Jan and a team option for 4.2m next year, Bullock locked up for 4.2m?
    Trier for 3.5 this year and a QO for 4.4m next year
    Dotson 1.6 and team option for 2m next year.

Anyone thinks we don't have trade assets or just simply young talent to develop is you know what lol

I think Iggy is the most skilled and NBA ready rookie the Knicks have had since Ewing.

Quote Originally Posted by bivory View Post
    i think iggy is the most skilled and nba ready rookie the knicks have had since ewing.
    Porzingis?

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    Porzingis?
    His body and inside game wasn't polished enough as a rookie. I can't figure out what Iggy doesn't have. Need to see more defensively but the kid looks overwhelmingly solid everywhere.

Iggy has a lot of deficiencies to his game. Slow release. Will be lucky to play more than 10 min per game.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    Iggy has a lot of deficiencies to his game. Slow release. Will be lucky to play more than 10 min per game.
    Slow release? Hmm. Iggy can beat you in and out. Get up too close, and he can go right by you with his polished handle and ability to finish w/ either hand. So excited about this kid and his ability to produce on day 1. If he's not getting minutes, it's going to be because of a log jam at the position but you best believe that with equal minutes, he would perform as well as any wing on this team. Book it...

Iggy walked onto a great Michigan team that went like 20-5 the yr before he arrived and became the goto guy and leading scorer on a team that eventually went to the big dance and was ranked in the top 5 or 7 all yr. I think we're all sleeping on Iggy, at least in this forum people are.
    Last edited by Bivory; 08-20-2019 at 03:45 PM.

Slow release? Hmm. Iggy can beat you in and out. Get up too close, and he can go right by you with his polished handle and ability to finish w/ either hand. So excited about this kid and his ability to produce on day 1. If he's not getting minutes, it's going to be because of a log jam at the position but you best believe that with equal minutes, he would perform as well as any wing on this team. Book it...

Iggy walked onto a great Michigan team that went like 20-5 the yr before he arrived and became the goto guy and leading scorer on a team that eventually went to the big dance and was ranked in the top 5 or 7 all yr. I think we're all sleeping on Iggy, at least in this forum people are.
    many are not sleeping on Iggy, and go back to draft night, there was excitement from a few for this kid. But you are jumping the gun and the sleeping is the NBA world remember where he was drafted?

Not sure anyone can pass any judgment in either direction till he at min practices with the NBA players.

That said I think he's the next draft steal like Mitch last year. But there is a log jam he is going to have really shine to get minutes. Kind of what many have said about Frank as well, the log jam he is going to have to shine to get minutes and beat out guys like Trier, Iggy, Dotson etc.

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    many are not sleeping on Iggy, and go back to draft night, there was excitement from a few for this kid. But you are jumping the gun and the sleeping is the NBA world remember where he was drafted?

Not sure anyone can pass any judgment in either direction till he at min practices with the NBA players.

That said I think he's the next draft steal like Mitch last year. But there is a log jam he is going to have really shine to get minutes. Kind of what many have said about Frank as well, the log jam he is going to have to shine to get minutes and beat out guys like Trier, Iggy, Dotson etc.
    There's much less of a log jam for Iggy with Knox being the only other true SF in the bunch. RJ would be undersized by league averages and Morris isn't quite as versatile as many may believe. Because of Iggy's versatility, he should be able to fit in just about anywhere and considering he's one of the few people who can run the pick and roll with the ball and create for himself or others, should put him ahead of just about all of em'

I think Iggy is the most skilled and NBA ready rookie the Knicks have had since Ewing.

Page 16 of 29 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast