Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 61 to 69 of 69
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    14,666
    Quote Originally Posted by sabres11 View Post
    And the lesson learned is if the Pegula's would have listened to me and fired Whaley sooner for his incompetence, we wouldn't have had to suffer through those extra losing seasons. While everyone else here had there fingers crossed hoping he would create a winning team, it was obvious he missed every single draft and constantly picked the wrong players. The Pegula's realized it a year to late.

    This is what we may be seeing now with Bean and McDermott. Passing up Maholmes, Watson, just to pick Peterman in the 5th. When all along they knew they absolutely had no interest in continuing this team with Tyrod, so this ultimately proved they thought Peterman was a Brady type star, or else they would have gone for the two other no brainers.

    Then, even during the season that we get to the playoffs, it was despite the decisions they made, not because of it. The Bills lose two games where both teams rush for NFL records, 400 yards, against us and they pull Tyrod for Peterman who then looses 2 very meaningful AFC games down the stretch, when the guy they didnt want all along won and got us into the playoffs.

    Now this is not a Tyrod post. This is a post recapping the trend of continuous very poor decision making we are dealing with in a short time of them being here. Not to mention the coach still cant utilize the game clock with timeouts efficiently. Continuously, even in this pre season, challenges plays that never get reversed. If Allen is a bust, there is simply no way they can survive it. Especially When Terry Pegula spoke in an interview and admitted that he did question McDermott after the draft, about why he didn't select Maholmes or Watson. In business, you dont make comments like that if the other guy has 100% support. You make that comment when your support is now wavering and you want people to know, that doubt was present from that time on, and things just didn't work out. And thats not just how I see that comment, thats how everyone in big business see's that comment. He is Planting seeds of doubt.

    As far as it being to soon. Your wrong. Every coach and GM he fired was fried between years 1-3. McDermott and Beans first time coach and GM skillset have been on display now going on 3 and there careers ride on the QB they chose, based on the performances of all the other QB's they passed up. All the other position players you all love, are not even being considered as a plus for them. It is all about the QB.
    Their main issues are that they passed on Watson and Mahomes and that they went into last season with Peterman as the starter. Other than that, I can't really fault them for anything. As far as Watson and Mahomes, I was one of the few (at least on here, in which I was the only one) saying they should've picked one of them, so this is all in hindsight. Not many people wanted them to take a QB that year and instead wanted them to "fill holes" like they always do, while ignoring the position.

    I don't think that they had any plans of making the playoffs that season, but the fact is that it happened and it doesn't matter how. That alone buys them longer than three seasons. You may want them gone, but the discussion is whether the Pegulas would pull the trigger and I don't think they would and most in the know don't think they would either.

    They've had one playoff season and one 6-10 season with a rookie QB. Even if they finish 6-10 or 7-9, that's not grounds to be fired simply based on the one playoff season. If they were a losing team that season, then maybe, but I'd still argue that they'd get at least one more season.

    In short, McDermott and Beane will be here for at least one more season after this unless something disastrous happens like the team only winning 4 games.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,863
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    100% on all of this post. Might be your best post ever lol.
    Remember you said this later during the season.

    Because the point was, those throws better be accurate when he starts to run, because last year, his running didnt help his inaccuracy struggles. Dont focus on the one great pass he completes, take it all in, also focus on the several meaningful passes that he over and under threw incomplete.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,863
    Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    Their main issues are that they passed on Watson and Mahomes and that they went into last season with Peterman as the starter. Other than that, I can't really fault them for anything. As far as Watson and Mahomes, I was one of the few (at least on here, in which I was the only one) saying they should've picked one of them, so this is all in hindsight. Not many people wanted them to take a QB that year and instead wanted them to "fill holes" like they always do, while ignoring the position.

    I don't think that they had any plans of making the playoffs that season, but the fact is that it happened and it doesn't matter how. That alone buys them longer than three seasons. You may want them gone, but the discussion is whether the Pegulas would pull the trigger and I don't think they would and most in the know don't think they would either.

    They've had one playoff season and one 6-10 season with a rookie QB. Even if they finish 6-10 or 7-9, that's not grounds to be fired simply based on the one playoff season. If they were a losing team that season, then maybe, but I'd still argue that they'd get at least one more season.

    In short, McDermott and Beane will be here for at least one more season after this unless something disastrous happens like the team only winning 4 games.
    I just dont think they are getting that much credit for that one playoff season, due to how they got there. They didnt get there because of the decisions Bean and McDermott made. We were in the playoff race and putting Peterman in to lose two straight meaningful AFC games, did nothing but prove how bad McDermott and Bean were, because in the end, it was Tyrod, the QB they pulled, who came back and saved us. McDermott and Bean get no credit for that season.

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,863
    In other news, I said we should offer a lineman, RB and WR for CLowney. Now report is, Miami offered up RB, Kenyan Drake and WR Kenny Stills. And Clowney met with Miami's front office already, so deal could be down soon. As I said after the draft. Just 1 more pass rusher on our defense will do to us, what Mack did for Chicago. It's a numbers game, 1 more guy on our defensive line requiring 2 blockers and we will see a pass rush we havent seen in quite sometime.

    And just so you all know, I am a homer too sometimes. In one of my money leagues, I waited a bit to long with getting a QB. With Garopollo, Dalton, Flacco left, I picked Josh Allen. 12 teams, 50 bucks a pop, will now ride on the player I have been the most critical of on the team haha.

    I still say we should do a Fantasy Football league with us on yahoo. Just need 10 people at least. Unless your all afraid lol
    Last edited by sabres11; 08-28-2019 at 12:36 PM.

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    9,806
    Quote Originally Posted by sabres11 View Post
    Remember you said this later during the season.

    Because the point was, those throws better be accurate when he starts to run, because last year, his running didnt help his inaccuracy struggles. Dont focus on the one great pass he completes, take it all in, also focus on the several meaningful passes that he over and under threw incomplete.
    If he completes 55% of his passes and runs for around 50ypg I will feel ok about his development.

    Keep your eye on cam Newton because that is the type of production we should hope for from Allen eventually.

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    9,806
    Quote Originally Posted by sabres11 View Post
    In other news, I said we should offer a lineman, RB and WR for CLowney. Now report is, Miami offered up RB, Kenyan Drake and WR Kenny Stills. And Clowney met with Miami's front office already, so deal could be down soon. As I said after the draft. Just 1 more pass rusher on our defense will do to us, what Mack did for Chicago. It's a numbers game, 1 more guy on our defensive line requiring 2 blockers and we will see a pass rush we havent seen in quite sometime.

    And just so you all know, I am a homer too sometimes. In one of my money leagues, I waited a bit to long with getting a QB. With Garopollo, Dalton, Flacco left, I picked Josh Allen. 12 teams, 50 bucks a pop, will now ride on the player I have been the most critical of on the team haha.

    I still say we should do a Fantasy Football league with us on yahoo. Just need 10 people at least. Unless your all afraid lol
    I would be down. I've never played fantasy before, but I'm pretty good with my bold predictions.

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    549
    We traded Wyatt Teller away. With all our injuries we have on the O Line, I am a bit surprised by this.

    My assumption is that Beane knows something we don't & that Spain is healthy.

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    9,806
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Smuggler View Post
    We traded Wyatt Teller away. With all our injuries we have on the O Line, I am a bit surprised by this.

    My assumption is that Beane knows something we don't & that Spain is healthy.
    Let's hope. We need Spain and Moreland to stay on the field. Everything else on the OL is a question mark.

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,863
    Trading Teller was a good move. He was being cut anyways. The majority of his belongings were being packed away and put in his trunk when I posted a few days ago about it. In the end, we trade a 5th and 7th, for a 5th and 6th. With Teller's size, he will always have a job, with coaches thinking they can coach him. But in the meantime, he is a liability out there. In Cleveland, he will be depth, coming in a game if he needs to late in the 4th, with the team hoping his fresh legs from not playing and size, will give him an advantage over defensive lineman who have been fighting all game long.

    Good 4th game in pre season. Even though 90% of the players on the field wont have a job soon, it is nice to see them all play with heart. Punter is still a glaring need. If we dont sign the guy the Pats cut, from their super bowl last year, or anyone eldse, McDermott and Bean are simply fools. Any punter available will give us a better option than Bojorquez.

    As for the final 53 man roster, there should be no surprises now. The players who didn't play made the team, most who did will be cut.

    The interesting thing is, Zay Jones was in full pads before the game working out and word was he was absolutely playing. That he was told he was playing, but then pulled off the field in the last moments of warm ups. It is more apparent now that Zay was on the bubble and I bet they wanted to see how he would mentally handle the situation, if he thought he was being cut, before making a final decision. He played well into the 2nd half last game, and if he thought he was playing a meaningless last game, the coaches wanted to probably check out is psychy. See if he would mope and talk smack, or if he would keep quiet and work just as hard. Him being on the field for warm ups had everyone I was with question if he was a goner, therefore he definitely probably questioned it himself.
    Last edited by sabres11; 08-30-2019 at 09:07 AM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •