Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 69
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,847
    Wade might have made the organization's job a lot harder when deciding roster spots. To take the first handoff 65 yards could be considered a fluke. But to take that first catch 45 yards and a yard away from another TD is proof that this guy will be hard to tackle and in open field, he is a weapon.

    A lot of other NFL teams don't have the depth at RB that we have. The Pathway rules for Wade is this; Wade will either make the team and play, or he goes to the Bills Practice Squad and can never play an NFL game for the entire 2019 season for anyone.

    This means, Buffalo will not screw Wade over. If he doesn't make the roster, The Bills will outright release him, giving him a chance to play football for another team. Only if he is released and signs with another team, gives him a chance to play, but as soon as he signs on Buffalo's practice squad, he is finished.

    This is why I think he makes the team. We don't need Dimarco at FB on the roster, playing only 10 snaps a game. And with this new line and better TE's, he would probably play less snaps this year than he did last year.

    We dont need Yeldon and Singletarry on the same team. They both play the same style game McDermott was looking for. The only concern was, Yeldon is an NFL proven back who can catch and Singletarry had only one catch in college. As for the pres season, Singletarry has now proved he can catch the ball and run. He was gobbling every catch at practice and now has been doing it in games. I think McDermott will be confident in using the rookie in the same capacity that he intended on using Yeldon.

    As for Perry, he fumbled, but I don't think that necessarily hurt him that much. He was brought in here for Special Teams. As I mentioned earlier, Perry did not have a single rush last season, so being he did play every ST snap, that is why they brought him in.

    So in the end, I can see McCoy/Gore/Singletarry/Wade/Perry on the roster. Opposed to last years final 53-man roster to start the year with McCoy/Ivory/Murphy/Dimarco and Tawiin Jones.


    In other news, Pro Football Focus, which is usually spot on, ranked Allen dead last in their analytic equation. Listing him as a Tier 4 QB with following Tier 4 QB's ranked ahead of him, Kyler Murray, Nick Foles, Sam Darnold, Mitchell Trubisky, Lamar Jackson, Joe Flacco, Eli Manning, Case Keenum and Josh Rosen.

    I wouldn't put that much stock into it right now, being this analytical assessment is based on everything from last year, when this team had the leagues worse WR's and Offensive line. They will update it after the week 4 games, which is when I would start to believe the credibility into it.
    Last edited by sabres11; 08-19-2019 at 11:06 AM.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    14,505
    Quote Originally Posted by sabres11 View Post
    Like I said, I saw Jackson play every UB game, he definitely has the NFL prowess to be QB. Allen's number were definitely better against Carolina and Tyree's numbers have not been good. But lets not forget who is playing with Tyree. I am not saying he is better than Allen at all, but I am saying if Allen played with all the undrafted 4th string players and 3/4 string linemates, his numbers would absolutely not be any better than Tyree's.

    As for making the team, the Bills will keep three QB's, unless plans changed with the Running back and WR roster numbers they originally planned on keeping. McDermott pretty much said at the start of camp, having 3 QB's is a legitimate need, because of the way Allen plays. Meaning with Allen running, injury is a concern they have to prepare for.
    There's a reason he went undrafted and was never really mentioned as anything more than a mid-round pick. He's not much different than Cardale Jones if we're being completely honest. I hope for nothing but the best, but he has a long way to go.

    Maybe they do end up keeping him, but it might be smarter to keep him on the practice squad to free up another roster spot.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    9,585
    Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    There's a reason he went undrafted and was never really mentioned as anything more than a mid-round pick. He's not much different than Cardale Jones if we're being completely honest. I hope for nothing but the best, but he has a long way to go.

    Maybe they do end up keeping him, but it might be smarter to keep him on the practice squad to free up another roster spot.
    Yeah I think I would prefer yeldon over tyree on the main roster. I like tyree a lot and would love him on my roster at that 3rd QB spot, but I just don't see him getting sniped from the practise squad so he is fine there until he's needed and can be signed from the squad. Someone will eventually be out for the rest of the season and on the IL opening up a spot.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,847
    Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    There's a reason he went undrafted and was never really mentioned as anything more than a mid-round pick. He's not much different than Cardale Jones if we're being completely honest. I hope for nothing but the best, but he has a long way to go.

    Maybe they do end up keeping him, but it might be smarter to keep him on the practice squad to free up another roster spot.
    He is young, has a bigger arm than Mahomes and Allen. And like I said, this kid has a lot more potential than any 3rd string QB we have ever had in here. He packed the stands with NFL scouts and like I said before, he was told if he stayed for his senior year and played the same, he would be one of the first three picks in the 2020 NFL draft. Plus, there was a reason that McDermott didn't talk to a single QB at all in the off season to come in here for pre season. There were plenty veteran 3rd stringers who would have welcomed an audition here, but it was Tyree he chose. We will find out more about Tyree during the next two games, when he is playing more minutes with actual players that will make the team.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,847
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Yeah I think I would prefer yeldon over tyree on the main roster. I like tyree a lot and would love him on my roster at that 3rd QB spot, but I just don't see him getting sniped from the practise squad so he is fine there until he's needed and can be signed from the squad. Someone will eventually be out for the rest of the season and on the IL opening up a spot.
    Most likely Tryee will go to the practice squad. Buffalo only has Allen, Tyree and Barkley on the team. With Allen/Barkley 1 and 2, Tyree wont see the game day roster, but will be needed on the practice squad.

    As far as the RB's, that's the best competition we have had to watch for this pre season. IMO, how the coaches are using Singletarry this pre season, is giving them proof to dump Yeldon. Yeldon was brought here for one reason only, 3rd down passing back duties. Singeltarry, the guy they drafted in round 3, probably wont take a back seat to Yeldon, being he is showing he can handle it. And typically, the Bills wouldnt have used the 3rd pick in the draft, just to get a RB, to play 2 snaps a game. They have a plan for him so I would bet that the battle for bottom tier snaps is between Yeldon/Wade/Murphy. Our 1-2-3 is a virtual lock with McCoy/Gore and Singletarry at this point.

    As for Wade, who's a hot topic in the NFL, As of today and some of the stuff I read, I would be surprised if he made the Bills Roster, but I wouldn't be surprised if he made another teams roster. Only because, after reading a lot about Wade, he has said it himself, he doesn't know how to read defenses and where the holes should be and he doesn't know how to read the playbook. This is all stuff the practice squad could teach him, but I dont know if Wade wants to be stuck on the Bills practice squad with no chance of playing in the NFL and then practicing for next year. However, if Wade chooses to go on another teams practice squad, he wouldnt be an exemption, therefore he could learn, just like he could in Buffalo, but at least on the other team, the chance to play this season is available for him. I bet Buffalo talks to him and if he says he wants a chance to play this year, he gets released. The Bills do have a chance to hold Wade Hostage from the NFL, but there is no way we do that. The leagues biggest wet dream right now is that one of these pathway program players makes an NFL team. The money in Jerseys alone is worth it. If Wade made the team, It doesn't matter which teams are playing in London, I guarantee the stands are full of Wade Bills Jerseys.


    The WR battle for me, has been a disappointment this pre season. The competition has been underwhelming and there really has not been an ample body of work in the passing game, for the coaches to say one of the bottom tier guys are that much better than the other. On paper, Ray Ray and McKenzie could push Roberts out the door. However, both struggled and fumbled their ST opportunities away, so I don't know if McDermott would cut the proven ST player for either of them. As for Duke Williams, if Allen could throw a fade or a touch pass, Duke's size should make him a keeper. However, as reported from everyone at camp, that is a throw that continues to plague Allen, so since he struggles at it, then how important is Duke. The locks are Brown/Beasely/Jones and Foster. I will bet they change their minds and now keep 7 WR's, unless something very significant happens these last two games and a couple of these WR's explode. If they keep 7, 3 spots available for Duke/Ray/McKenzie and Roberts. Then my guess would be Duke, Roberts and McKenzie to make the team. Duke for his size, Roberts for ST's. Ray Ray and McKenzie are the same player fighting for the same spot. McKenzie's speed, plus his ability to back up Roberts, gives him the lead. Plus Ray Ray is to involved in social media. Constant tweets talking smack, things McDermott despises, especially for a player who is only a legend in his own mind.
    Last edited by sabres11; 08-20-2019 at 10:33 AM.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    9,585
    Quote Originally Posted by sabres11 View Post
    Most likely Tryee will go to the practice squad. Buffalo only has Allen, Tyree and Barkley on the team. With Allen/Barkley 1 and 2, Tyree wont see the game day roster, but will be needed on the practice squad.

    As far as the RB's, that's the best competition we have had to watch for this pre season. IMO, how the coaches are using Singletarry this pre season, is giving them proof to dump Yeldon. Yeldon was brought here for one reason only, 3rd down passing back duties. Singeltarry, the guy they drafted in round 3, probably wont take a back seat to Yeldon, being he is showing he can handle it. And typically, the Bills wouldnt have used the 3rd pick in the draft, just to get a RB, to play 2 snaps a game. They have a plan for him so I would bet that the battle for bottom tier snaps is between Yeldon/Wade/Murphy. Our 1-2-3 is a virtual lock with McCoy/Gore and Singletarry at this point.

    As for Wade, who's a hot topic in the NFL, As of today and some of the stuff I read, I would be surprised if he made the Bills Roster, but I wouldn't be surprised if he made another teams roster. Only because, after reading a lot about Wade, he has said it himself, he doesn't know how to read defenses and where the holes should be and he doesn't know how to read the playbook. This is all stuff the practice squad could teach him, but I dont know if Wade wants to be stuck on the Bills practice squad with no chance of playing in the NFL and then practicing for next year. However, if Wade chooses to go on another teams practice squad, he wouldnt be an exemption, therefore he could learn, just like he could in Buffalo, but at least on the other team, the chance to play this season is available for him. I bet Buffalo talks to him and if he says he wants a chance to play this year, he gets released. The Bills do have a chance to hold Wade Hostage from the NFL, but there is no way we do that. The leagues biggest wet dream right now is that one of these pathway program players makes an NFL team. The money in Jerseys alone is worth it. If Wade made the team, It doesn't matter which teams are playing in London, I guarantee the stands are full of Wade Bills Jerseys.


    The WR battle for me, has been a disappointment this pre season. The competition has been underwhelming and there really has not been an ample body of work in the passing game, for the coaches to say one of the bottom tier guys are that much better than the other. On paper, Ray Ray and McKenzie could push Roberts out the door. However, both struggled and fumbled their ST opportunities away, so I don't know if McDermott would cut the proven ST player for either of them. As for Duke Williams, if Allen could throw a fade or a touch pass, Duke's size should make him a keeper. However, as reported from everyone at camp, that is a throw that continues to plague Allen, so since he struggles at it, then how important is Duke. The locks are Brown/Beasely/Jones and Foster. I will bet they change their minds and now keep 7 WR's, unless something very significant happens these last two games and a couple of these WR's explode. If they keep 7, 3 spots available for Duke/Ray/McKenzie and Roberts. Then my guess would be Duke, Roberts and McKenzie to make the team. Duke for his size, Roberts for ST's. Ray Ray and McKenzie are the same player fighting for the same spot. McKenzie's speed, plus his ability to back up Roberts, gives him the lead. Plus Ray Ray is to involved in social media. Constant tweets talking smack, things McDermott despises, especially for a player who is only a legend in his own mind.
    Agree with all except I REALLY want to keep wade.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,847
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Agree with all except I REALLY want to keep wade.
    So do I.

    But being he is actually admitting that he doesn't understand the playbook yet and don't know how to read it, I just cant see the Bills keeping him. It has been said, that players who come to a new team in free agency, need a couple weeks to study the play book. So for Wade, who has never played a single game, who hasn't even seen a playbook until now, how long would it take him? It's not impossible, but I would guess it could take him a few months. So if he wanted a chance to play in the NFL, he would sit on some practice squad for a few months, before earning the spot on roster. I think the Bills still have a loophole to use him this season. To just put him on the practice squad as one of the 10. The writing is, if he is used as an exemption as #11 he cannot play. So there is a reason to believe if the Bills put him on the squad as one of ten, he would be eligible.

    In other news, Is anyone still sad we didn't get Antonio Bryant?

    I of course was, but now, it is apparent, this guy has the beginning stages of CTE.

    First, he was throwing furniture out of the balcony of a hotel, nearly hitting a kid.

    Then, Cops were called because of a domestic fight with his child's mother,

    On social media, out of nowhere he begins to start fights with JuJu and Ben, along with blasting others.

    Then he hires a Chef for 40 grand, then stiffs him on the bill, all because the Chef put the head of a Salmon, into the freezer, in order to preserve it for soup the following day. The Chef has witnesses who all have told the attorneys, Brown was screaming about it because he thought the severed head of the fish, was the chefs way of sending him a cryptic message.

    Then the frost bite, which people close to the situation are blasting him for not following the rules and wearing what he was suppose to while receiving the treatment. Pretty much he refused the protective wear, which leads us now to the Helmet Issue. This battle of the helmet would be like us fighting about wanting to put our children in a car seat from the 1990's instead of something brand new and tested to be safe now.

    We dodged a bullet with this trade not going through. Us Buffalo fans have been through enough.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    9,585
    Quote Originally Posted by sabres11 View Post
    So do I.

    But being he is actually admitting that he doesn't understand the playbook yet and don't know how to read it, I just cant see the Bills keeping him. It has been said, that players who come to a new team in free agency, need a couple weeks to study the play book. So for Wade, who has never played a single game, who hasn't even seen a playbook until now, how long would it take him? It's not impossible, but I would guess it could take him a few months. So if he wanted a chance to play in the NFL, he would sit on some practice squad for a few months, before earning the spot on roster. I think the Bills still have a loophole to use him this season. To just put him on the practice squad as one of the 10. The writing is, if he is used as an exemption as #11 he cannot play. So there is a reason to believe if the Bills put him on the squad as one of ten, he would be eligible.

    In other news, Is anyone still sad we didn't get Antonio Bryant?

    I of course was, but now, it is apparent, this guy has the beginning stages of CTE.

    First, he was throwing furniture out of the balcony of a hotel, nearly hitting a kid.

    Then, Cops were called because of a domestic fight with his child's mother,

    On social media, out of nowhere he begins to start fights with JuJu and Ben, along with blasting others.

    Then he hires a Chef for 40 grand, then stiffs him on the bill, all because the Chef put the head of a Salmon, into the freezer, in order to preserve it for soup the following day. The Chef has witnesses who all have told the attorneys, Brown was screaming about it because he thought the severed head of the fish, was the chefs way of sending him a cryptic message.

    Then the frost bite, which people close to the situation are blasting him for not following the rules and wearing what he was suppose to while receiving the treatment. Pretty much he refused the protective wear, which leads us now to the Helmet Issue. This battle of the helmet would be like us fighting about wanting to put our children in a car seat from the 1990's instead of something brand new and tested to be safe now.

    We dodged a bullet with this trade not going through. Us Buffalo fans have been through enough.
    I agree and I don't want Allen feeling like he has to force passes to anyone.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,847
    Just throwing this out there, since it has been something I told you all last year, about whats to come if there is a bad season this year.

    This article is just one guy from ESPN, but google it, the overwhelming belief throughout the entire NFL media is if the Bills have a bad season, McDermott is gone. This guy gave it about a 75% chance of him being fired. CBS sports listed McDermott has the coach who''s seat is the hottest.

    As I said in the off season, never in Buffalo, have we ever seen an off season, where the coach and GM completely overhaul their entire team to cater to the QB like we saw this year. I would wager that both the Coach and GM know, there will not be any excuses that could save them for dismantling a playoff team, so just win or be gone.

    https://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffa...80Sl_74iNMOKUw

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,847
    Looking at the schedule, this team should be able to compete in every single game this year. There are only 2 games we can probably assume they lose and have no chance, with New England twice, but for every other game we play, this team should be in the thick of it. If we have a losing record, I cant see it being blamed on the defense. So when all is said and done, McDermmot and Bean's future rides on Josh Allen's shoulders.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    9,585
    Quote Originally Posted by sabres11 View Post
    Just throwing this out there, since it has been something I told you all last year, about whats to come if there is a bad season this year.

    This article is just one guy from ESPN, but google it, the overwhelming belief throughout the entire NFL media is if the Bills have a bad season, McDermott is gone. This guy gave it about a 75% chance of him being fired. CBS sports listed McDermott has the coach who''s seat is the hottest.

    As I said in the off season, never in Buffalo, have we ever seen an off season, where the coach and GM completely overhaul their entire team to cater to the QB like we saw this year. I would wager that both the Coach and GM know, there will not be any excuses that could save them for dismantling a playoff team, so just win or be gone.

    https://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffa...80Sl_74iNMOKUw
    Click bait article. I'm not convinced. We'll see.

    I'd say next season is the do or die season.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,847
    Its not click bait. ESPN is not the only NFL Source that says he is on the hot seat. Watch NFL Live, CBS or any other source when discussing the AFC East and the overwhelming belief is if Allen continues to have accuracy issues and the Bills have a losing record, McDermott wont be here to turn it around. Only on Buffalo Radio do they not talk about it. But consider the history. The Pegula's have had no problem firing people quickly with owning 2 professional sports. That is a fact. McDermotts job is definitely not as safe as you think.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    9,585
    Quote Originally Posted by sabres11 View Post
    Its not click bait. ESPN is not the only NFL Source that says he is on the hot seat. Watch NFL Live, CBS or any other source when discussing the AFC East and the overwhelming belief is if Allen continues to have accuracy issues and the Bills have a losing record, McDermott wont be here to turn it around. Only on Buffalo Radio do they not talk about it. But consider the history. The Pegula's have had no problem firing people quickly with owning 2 professional sports. That is a fact. McDermotts job is definitely not as safe as you think.
    Meh I disagree. The pundits aren't convincing.

    I can't see beane letting go of his guy and thinking its some type of upgrade.

    If the defense sucks then he would be let go. I will give you that. I just don't see it happening.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,847
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Meh I disagree. The pundits aren't convincing.

    I can't see beane letting go of his guy and thinking its some type of upgrade.

    If the defense sucks then he would be let go. I will give you that. I just don't see it happening.
    That's were the confusion lies for you. That you cant see Bean letting McDermott go.

    If we struggle to win 6 games, I guarantee they both are fired.

    Coaches that have a track record in the NFL, but get no results with new team, get fired and dont get much slack. So there is no reason to believe that the Pegulas will allow their first time coach and GM another chance after this season. Look at the Pegula's track record. They have no problem firing anyone. What has McDermott or Bean done so far, that would lead anyone to believe that the Pegulas wont fire them?

    A 9-7 record, even without the playoffs, will save them from being fired. 8-8 or worse and their gone.
    Last edited by sabres11; 08-23-2019 at 11:14 AM.

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    546
    That was an all around abysmal showing last night. The Jets look wayyyy better than us.

    Hopefully Spain is OK and Morse is on track for week 1. Our line that we invested in looks bad.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •