Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Training Camp - Preseason 1 week away

First Pre-Season game about a week away.

The best thing reported so far is the teams defense is filling gaps so far that they have never showed last year. Millano and Edmonds are all over the field not being fooled. Ed Oliver was actually told to let up a little bit, because he has been so dominant against our line, he is pushing the offense back so far, that at one point, he pretty much threw Modine at Josh Allen and Allen's leg got twisted up.

On Offense, Singeltary is juking and fooling everyone on D when he runs.

John Brown and Foster are doing what we all knew they would, running faster than anyone else, catching passes etc etc.

So far, they said the biggest surprises on offense is Ray Ray McCLoud. A guy I thought had no chance to make the team is looking like one of the better receivers on the field.

Its pretty much written in stone, Brown, Beasley, Zay, Roberts and Foster are locked in. Most likely only one spot available now, because Roberts is running plays with the first team and looks fast, runs routes well and catches everything thrown to him. Since Roberts is out there proving he is also a capable receiver, the coaches may keep just one more WR and give the extra spot to another position.

Injury report,

Spencer Long hurt his knee.

Morse on Concussion Protocol, which sucks because the concussion history is what scared KC away from paying him the money to stay.

Kroft recovering from foot surgery

Rookie TE Knox Hamstring

I am getting worried about Morse. My fear is he is a bust signing, purely due to health reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Smuggler View Post
    I am getting worried about Morse. My fear is he is a bust signing, purely due to health reasons.
    Probably 100% right on that. When the Bills signed him, KC's media pretty laughed saying, Buffalo is crazy. They knew the concussion history was very significant.

When all is said and done, I don't blame the Bills for gambling here. Several teams were trying to get Morse and were willing to Gamble for his services, Buffalo was just the team with the most money to gamble with. Hopefully we can get a half of season out of him. If he ends up getting dusted by injury, it wont effect the cap next year.

I love what the Bills are doing in training cap. Thurman is in a circle with all the running backs hyping them up. Talley is in a circle with his group hyping up the season, Same for Kyle Williams and other Bills Icons.

These players are displaying a level of excitement to start the season, that we haven't seen here in a very very long time in camp. The last time I saw it was the pre season after Ronnie Harmon dropped the game winning TD against the Browns in the playoffs, before we went on our 4 year dynasty. That pre season, they knew they were going to be good and these players now our acting the same way in camp.

If Harmon didnt purposely drop that pass, Buffalo would have went to 5 super bowls in a row. For people who dont know, Several years later, Harmon was accused of dropping passes taking bribes, to payoff gambling debts ever since college. A few players who never played in the NFL admitted they did it in college and they accused Harmon of being in on the fix as well. The game in question was the Rose Bowl as they were the heavy favorites to win. HArmon, with one fumble his entire college football career, fumbled 4 times, dropped every pass. people who bet on the underdog got a killer pay day.
    Last edited by sabres11; 08-02-2019 at 10:19 AM.

Things that I've read/heard:

Singletary is a real player. Some wouldn't be surprised if he took over the starting RB spot by the end of the season.

Ed Oliver has had moments where he looks like the best player on the field period.

John Brown has been really good, but those of us who have followed him since he was on the Cardinals know that.

The six WRs that may make the roster are Brown, Beasley, Jones, Foster, Roberts, and McCloud or Phillips. No Sills or Williams. Hopefully Sills gets a practice squad spot. Hopefully the loser of the 6th spot can be kept on as well.

Josh Allen was good to start, but has been struggling lately with accuracy.

Edmonds looks like a monster and Lawson is having his best camp.

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    Things that I've read/heard:

Singletary is a real player. Some wouldn't be surprised if he took over the starting RB spot by the end of the season.

Ed Oliver has had moments where he looks like the best player on the field period.

John Brown has been really good, but those of us who have followed him since he was on the Cardinals know that.

The six WRs that may make the roster are Brown, Beasley, Jones, Foster, Roberts, and McCloud or Phillips. No Sills or Williams. Hopefully Sills gets a practice squad spot. Hopefully the loser of the 6th spot can be kept on as well.

Josh Allen was good to start, but has been struggling lately with accuracy.

Edmonds looks like a monster and Lawson is having his best camp.
    Thanks for sharing. I don't get any of this stuff up in canada.

the defense is gonna be insane.

Too bad, I had high hopes for Williams.

I am starting to hear a lot of bad things about Josh Allen's accuracy so far in camp. It was said on WGR in a 3-day scrimmage with the D, he went 4-23 on 10 yards or longer throws. And they are not being incompleted because of the WR's, they are incomplete because the ball thrown is so far off the mark. Media of course is throwing shade at it by saying it is the result of him playing against a dominant Defense, that will be ranked in the top 3 this year.

I predicted 10 wins, just because we were a 6 win team last year with such a horrible WR crew. So with the WR being the "problem", it isnt a stretch to say these WR's is enough to improve the team to give us 4 more wins. However, if the problem was the QB, New WR's wont matter, we still might just be a 6 win team. We all saw many deep passes overthrown and I was hoping it was due to the slow footed, below average WR we had running routes. Now in camp, passes are still way off the mark.

We will all see in less than a week, how this season is likely to play out during the year. I will be nervous watching Thursday and I stand by what I said following last season, if Allen turns out to be a bust, McDermott wont be able to survive it.

To compare Allen, look around and read what the media is saying about the other QB's out there. Lamar Jackson, who already got his team into the playoffs, is looking pretty good in the media's eyes. They are saying he is crisp and precise with his throws and that Baltimore is going to have an offense "unlike anything we have ever seen before in the NFL".

Mayfield of course is dazzling the media with his camp so far.

Even In Miami, they are saying Josh Rosen has "rised to the occasion" in Miami and is gaining a lot of trust with the coaches. That he is making a lot of unbelievable throws in traffic and has a genuine chance of beating out Fitz.

Then we have the media here in Buffalo, not being to flattering to Allen. Which is good, they are writing up what they are actually seeing on the field. Sal Capacio said that either on Sat or Sunday, Allen started the day 2-7 and was so off, that the Bills changed the practice, sending someone Else in with Allen throwing elsewhere. He doesnt know if that was part of the schedule, or if McDermott, did it to save him from media. Thursday, we play Indy. This is not a Stud Defense. We need to see throws on the mark.
    Last edited by sabres11; 08-05-2019 at 01:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sabres11 View Post
    I am starting to hear a lot of bad things about Josh Allen's accuracy so far in camp. It was said on WGR in a 3-day scrimmage with the D, he went 4-23 on 10 yards or longer throws. And they are not being incompleted because of the WR's, they are incomplete because the ball thrown is so far off the mark. Media of course is throwing shade at it by saying it is the result of him playing against a dominant Defense, that will be ranked in the top 3 this year.

I predicted 10 wins, just because we were a 6 win team last year with such a horrible WR crew. So with the WR being the "problem", it isnt a stretch to say these WR's is enough to improve the team to give us 4 more wins. However, if the problem was the QB, New WR's wont matter, we still might just be a 6 win team. We all saw many deep passes overthrown and I was hoping it was due to the slow footed, below average WR we had running routes. Now in camp, passes are still way off the mark.

We will all see in less than a week, how this season is likely to play out during the year. I will be nervous watching Thursday and I stand by what I said following last season, if Allen turns out to be a bust, McDermott wont be able to survive it.

To compare Allen, look around and read what the media is saying about the other QB's out there. Lamar Jackson, who already got his team into the playoffs, is looking pretty good in the media's eyes. They are saying he is crisp and precise with his throws and that Baltimore is going to have an offense "unlike anything we have ever seen before in the NFL".

Even In Miami, they are saying Josh Rosen has "rised to the occasion" in Miami and is gaining a lot of trust with the coaches. That he is making a lot of unbelievable throws in traffic and has a genuine chance of beating out Fitz.

Then we have the media here in Buffalo, not being to flattering to Allen. Which is good, they are writing up what they are actually seeing on the field. Sal Capacio said that either on Sat or Sunday, Allen started the day 2-7 and was so off, that the Bills changed the practice, sending someone Else in with Allen throwing elsewhere. He doesnt know if that was part of the schedule, or if McDermott, did it to save him from media. Thursday, we play Indy. This is not a Stud Defense. We need to see throws on the mark.
    Buffalo is not a sugar coating team/media, and we are looking to start winning now. No reason to highlight the bright side.

They're very fair concerns that we all share though.
    I will wait until game day before I start panicing. that is what matters.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Thanks for sharing. I don't get any of this stuff up in canada.

the defense is gonna be insane.

Too bad, I had high hopes for Williams.
    There are a few podcasts that you can listen to.

Locked on Bills

The Bills Beat

They are available on other streaming platforms, not just Apple. You can also download the Radio.com app and listen to WGR or follow reporters on Twitter.

I think it just speaks to his inconsistency. An inaccurate QB isn't going to become accurate in one offseason. To start camp, they were praising him and within the last week or so, he's struggled.

I expect the season to go this way as well. I view him more as a QB that will rely on big plays (think Kaepernick or Vick), at least early in his career, than a QB that will pick a defense apart. Lamar Jackson will be similar.

You do not know WGR then to say that. Howard Simon and Jeremy White are company guys and never blast the team. They always make excuses. Like I said, Allen has been way off and as much as thats been discussed, their reply has been "well look at the defense he is facing". The only one to listen to is Sal Copacio and Paul Hamilton for honest insight. And this dates back to the days of a station you probably never heard of, WNSA, which was WGR's Sprots talk competition where Howard Simon use to be.

Now during the Super Bowl Era, the media was brutally honest, which is why The Bills signed a contract for games with 97 Rock. The Bills gave WGR an order to fire some personalities who were critical and the station refused. 97 Rock had the games for several years because of that. Chuck Dickerson, Former Bills coach, was the WGR ringleader during that time. I know for a fact, a lot of these personalities have been told to keep it even and to play nice. So now on WGR, Simon and White are the company guys. Honest reporting, which could be critical comes from Hamilton and Capacio. Then you got Schopp and Bulldog, who are just dreadful. Bulldog will agree with everything Schopp says when they are together, but then the following day, when Bulldog is with Copacio or someone else, Bull Dog will agree with them, even though they countered the Schopp point the day before.

You do not know WGR then to say that. Howard Simon and Jeremy White are company guys and never blast the team. They always make excuses. Like I said, Allen has been way off and as much as thats been discussed, their reply has been "well look at the defense he is facing". The only one to listen to is Sal Copacio and Paul Hamilton for honest insight. And this dates back to the days of a station you probably never heard of, WNSA, which was WGR's Sprots talk competition where Howard Simon use to be.

Now during the Super Bowl Era, the media was brutally honest, which is why The Bills signed a contract for games with 97 Rock. The Bills gave WGR an order to fire some personalities who were critical and the station refused. 97 Rock had the games for several years because of that. Chuck Dickerson, Former Bills coach, was the WGR ringleader during that time. I know for a fact, a lot of these personalities have been told to keep it even and to play nice. So now on WGR, Simon and White are the company guys. Honest reporting, which could be critical comes from Hamilton and Capacio. Then you got Schopp and Bulldog, who are just dreadful. Bulldog will agree with everything Schopp says when they are together, but then the following day, when Bulldog is with Copacio or someone else, Bull Dog will agree with them, even though they countered the Schopp point the day before.
    I'm confused... are you disagreeing with all the reports of him struggling recently or the reports of him playing well to start camp?

The rest of that is solely my opinion, not a report.

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    I'm confused... are you disagreeing with all the reports of him struggling recently or the reports of him playing well to start camp?

The rest of that is solely my opinion, not a report.
    I'm disagreeing with Howard and Jeremy White, who reported that the only reason Allen is struggling is because of our dominate defense he is facing in practice. As I said, those two have always been company guys and they always have to be hard pressed to finally give out some criticism to both franchises.

Because of what we saw last year with Allen, I am agreeing with what Capacio and Hamilton say, that the struggles of accuracy in camp are worrisome. Last year during games, a lot of fans easily dismissed every poor throw he made, but jumping over the Minnesota defender for a first down is still talked about til this day and I guarantee we see three replays of that run tonight.

All I am hoping for, is that our WR's last year, cost us more wins than Allen's incomplete passes cost us. Nobody could expect him to pass 30 for 30, but the long ball is a big part of our offense to keep defenses honest. LAst year, when the ball sailed 35 yards in the air, he rarely completed those throws. If we get the same result with this WR crew, than we had with last years crew, we will then have to come to terms with the fact that we passed on a lot of QB's and that our #6 pick has a lot of limitations.

For tonight's game, I am looking forward to seeing Tyree Jackson play more than Allen. Tyree was advised to stay in school, because he had a genuine shot at being a top 3 pick in next years draft. Unfortunately, he told UB, he wanted to transfer to a different school or declare for the draft, that either way, his future wouldnt be in UB. And he has a stronger arm than Allen so I bet when he starts off the 2nd half, he throws deep pass after deep pass, in attempts to show Allen up.
    Last edited by sabres11; 08-08-2019 at 11:29 AM.

I'm disagreeing with Howard and Jeremy White, who reported that the only reason Allen is struggling is because of our dominate defense he is facing in practice. As I said, those two have always been company guys and they always have to be hard pressed to finally give out some criticism to both franchises.

Because of what we saw last year with Allen, I am agreeing with what Capacio and Hamilton say, that the struggles of accuracy in camp are worrisome. Last year during games, a lot of fans easily dismissed every poor throw he made, but jumping over the Minnesota defender for a first down is still talked about til this day and I guarantee we see three replays of that run tonight.

All I am hoping for, is that our WR's last year, cost us more wins than Allen's incomplete passes cost us. Nobody could expect him to pass 30 for 30, but the long ball is a big part of our offense to keep defenses honest. LAst year, when the ball sailed 35 yards in the air, he rarely completed those throws. If we get the same result with this WR crew, than we had with last years crew, we will then have to come to terms with the fact that we passed on a lot of QB's and that our #6 pick has a lot of limitations.

For tonight's game, I am looking forward to seeing Tyree Jackson play more than Allen. Tyree was advised to stay in school, because he had a genuine shot at being a top 3 pick in next years draft. Unfortunately, he told UB, he wanted to transfer to a different school or declare for the draft, that either way, his future wouldnt be in UB. And he has a stronger arm than Allen so I bet when he starts off the 2nd half, he throws deep pass after deep pass, in attempts to show Allen up.
    I'm guessing tyree will try to make the easy plays rather than trying to show Allen up.

Nope, he's going to throw the long ball down the sideline. Tyree wants to show the coach if Allen goes down and Barkley isn't producing, he can come in and ball. And being that Tyree was the only QB McDermott even talked to pre-draft, that was probably discussed. The "easy plays" you speak of, is something to look out for as well, being WGR reported Allen was 4-23 during a couple day stretch at 10 yards or longer.

For tonight, at Running back, Gore is getting the start. It is unknown how much we will see McCoy this game, being he will start game 2 and they are limiting him.

The second half focus might all be Perry, Singeltarry and then Wade.
    Last edited by sabres11; 08-08-2019 at 12:37 PM.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast